• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone of a Video or Gif of the Dez Play?

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the correct call was made... but after looking at replays, I haven't seen video evidence of the ball hitting the ground. Anyone have a shot of the other angle? This is the only one I can find and this one doesn't show the ball hitting the ground... actually it looks like Dez's right hand popped the ball out.

dez2.0.gif

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan clearly i am happy Dallas lost, I just do not condone how they lost. It's the same Bullshit call that cost Detroit a game like 2 years ago. I hated that call and I hate this one. The ground should not be able to cause a fumble or an incomplete pass. Clearly Dez made that catch, had control and the ground jarred it loose. Should have been first and goal from the 1.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan clearly i am happy Dallas lost, I just do not condone how they lost. It's the same Bullshit call that cost Detroit a game like 2 years ago. I hated that call and I hate this one. The ground should not be able to cause a fumble or an incomplete pass. Clearly Dez made that catch, had control and the ground jarred it loose. Should have been first and goal from the 1.

You, sir, are the first person who said that. I think you made the right call!!

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the correct call was made... but after looking at replays, I haven't seen video evidence of the ball hitting the ground. Anyone have a shot of the other angle? This is the only one I can find and this one doesn't show the ball hitting the ground... actually it looks like Dez's right hand popped the ball out.

dez2.0.gif

In this video you can see the ball below Dez's hand as his arm hits the ground...if his arm hits the ground and the ball is below his arm then obviously the ball hit the ground. And yes I do remember a replay during the game that was on the other side of this angle that showed the ball hitting the ground.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem isn't so much with the call made, it's with the retarded rule. I don't care what team your a fan of, clearly Dez Bryant caught that football and the ground jarred it loose. In the future I'd like to see it called as such. It was a catch, period. The ground should not be able to make it incomplete because the man hit the ground with the ball in his hands. Like I said, it should have been first and goal at the 1. It was a bullshit rule when it happened to Calvin Johnson, and it's a bullshit rule now that it happened to Dez Bryant. As a fan, you can't like this call. I get it, the Packers are loving it on this day, but going forward, I would think fans of all teams would like to see this rule changed.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me, the ball hits the ground in the shot you posted...........not being a jerk, but perhaps homerism

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calvin-johnson.jpg

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BriskHandsomeGrasshopper.gif

Found it... correct call

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely correct call. You can see it in the video you posted. It is actually kind of clear. You can see the ball beneath his hand/arm as his arm hits the ground but yes in this video it's much more clear.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a catch. Bryant leaped up, caught the ball, took 3 steps and fumbled it inside the 1 yard line. Maybe a better definition of a "football move" is needed? Bryants body also made contact with the defenders body after he took 2 steps. Total bullshit that that phag ref screwed us on two replays.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo the play should have been ruled a touchback. You want to point blame I am pointing it straight at romo. He was the dumb ass that decided to throw the ball on 3rd and one. Then garrot fuck ed up by trying to kick a long field goal on a chewed up field. The Cowboys were in total control before romo tried to be the hero

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo the play should have been ruled a touchback. You want to point blame I am pointing it straight at romo. He was the dumb ass that decided to throw the ball on 3rd and one. Then garrot fuck ed up by trying to kick a long field goal on a chewed up field. The Cowboys were in total control before romo tried to be the hero

A touchback? How?

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a catch. Bryant leaped up, caught the ball, took 3 steps and fumbled it inside the 1 yard line. Maybe a better definition of a "football move" is needed? Bryants body also made contact with the defenders body after he took 2 steps. Total bullshit that that phag ref screwed us on two replays.

B7HZ4GQIcAAJYvi.jpg

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dez2.0.gif

Man he sky'd. He took three steps. I'm thinking he made a football move and was down by contact at the one foot line cause the defenders leg touched/tripped him.

Tough break.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I thought it was a catch as well

Everyone keeps talking about stretching for the end zone as being the "football move" but no one from all of the reports I have seen brought up the fact that Bryant took 3 steps. IMO Arlington has it right - those 3 steps to me constitute a "football move"

Clearly the football came out when it hit the ground but in that case it should be put in the category that the ground can't cause a fumble since a "football move" was already made and Bryant kept possession through that "football move"

tough way to lose

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Homer idiot with homer glasses on. Ball touches ground, and if falling on face is a football move you may have an argument...nope, no you still don't. And after last year of CJ catching, taking 2 steps, falling on butt thn using ball to prop himself up and being called a no-catch, you have absolutely zero room to talk.

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

another homer idiot. that is not switching hands, he caught it with both hands. and sure as hell is not a stretch, it is a fall on face. I do not believe in karma, but after last week, Dallas fans complaining at all is priceless. Especially on a call that was quite clearly correct..

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely correct call. You can see it in the video you posted. It is actually kind of clear. You can see the ball beneath his hand/arm as his arm hits the ground but yes in this video it's much more clear.

It's not the correct call, you are nuts. He caught the ball with both hands, took three steps, put the ball in his left hand, then stretched for the endzone. Dez was in complete control of the football and was reaching for the endzone.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another homer idiot. that is not switching hands, he caught it with both hands. and sure as hell is not a stretch, it is a fall on face. I do not believe in karma, but after last week, Dallas fans complaining at all is priceless. Especially on a call that was quite clearly correct..

Yeah idiot. You just fucking said it. He caught the ball with both hands, and then he put the ball in his left hand, right elbow hits the ground, and he tries to stretch for the endzone with his left hand. He was in complete control of the football while making a football move. It is a clear-cut football move, meaning that it is in fact a fucking catch. Even if you don't think it's a catch, it's not 100% conclusive to overturn THE CALL ON THE FIELD, which is what the officials did. It is a bang-bang play and if it's bang-bang, the refs usually don't overturn the call on the field but for some reason they wanted to today. But of course when Cobb clearly didn't catch a ball earlier in the game, the refs didn't see fit to overturn that.

BTW, you sound like a fucking idiot calling someone a homer on the Cowboys Board. And don't even mention the fucking word karma. The Patroits went on to win the SB and two more after the tuck play. Hell, the Pats have made 9 AFC Championships and 5 Super Bowls since that tuck play. Shut the fuck up about karma. And last week, there was a penalty on Pettigrew as well. It wasn't just against Dallas. Funny how people ignore that. The NFL acknowledged Pettigrew should have been flagged as well as Hitchens, but people just casually overlook that.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah idiot. You just fucking said it. He caught the ball with both hands, and then he put the ball in his left hand, right elbow hits the ground, and he tries to stretch for the endzone with his left hand. He was in complete control of the football while making a football move. It is a clear-cut football move, meaning that it is in fact a fucking catch. Even if you don't think it's a catch, it's not 100% conclusive to overturn THE CALL ON THE FIELD, which is what the officials did. It is a bang-bang play and if it's bang-bang, the refs usually don't overturn the call on the field but for some reason they wanted to today. But of course when Cobb clearly didn't catch a ball earlier in the game, the refs didn't see fit to overturn that.

BTW, you sound like a fucking idiot calling someone a homer on the Cowboys Board. And don't even mention the fucking word karma. The Patroits went on to win the SB and two more after the tuck play. Hell, the Pats have made 9 AFC Championships and 5 Super Bowls since that tuck play. Shut the fuck up about karma. And last week, there was a penalty on Pettigrew as well. It wasn't just against Dallas. Funny how people ignore that. The NFL acknowledged Pettigrew should have been flagged as well as Hitchens, but people just casually overlook that.
Agree. Even if they wanted to say there was no football move, it was NOT conclusive in my mind that the ball hit the ground. For all anyone knows for sure, Dez's hands could have been under the ball when it popped up. I agree with you. You don't overturn the call on the field. I said it on other threads, this is not the reason we lost as our defense was just not very good in the second half and Rogers likely comes down and wins it, but then it would have been an even better game.

Such is life. It could be worse. We could be Lion's fans? :noidea: