• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone of a Video or Gif of the Dez Play?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Even if they wanted to say there was no football move, it was NOT conclusive in my mind that the ball hit the ground. For all anyone knows for sure, Dez's hands could have been under the ball when it popped up. I agree with you. You don't overturn the call on the field. I said it on other threads, this is not the reason we lost as our defense was just not very good in the second half and Rogers likely comes down and wins it, but then it would have been an even better game.

Such is life. It could be worse. We could be Lion's fans? :noidea:

I agree. The defense would not have stopped them.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had our chances. Not happy with the call but we squandered a few opportunities and also let GB convert 9-14 3rd downs. recipe for disaster.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the reaching for the end zone is the key. Unfortunately I don't think the the 3 steps matters according to the rule (even though they obviously should from a common sense point of view). His momentum was carrying him down to the ground so whether it was one, two or four steps my understanding was it doesn't matter as dumb as that sounds. I thought reaching for the end zone constituted a football move. I need to look for the actual rule and try to figure out what I think. Up too late last night and too early this morning to look into it.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head of officials said he did not think DEz reached. He said his momentum caused that- basically judgement which says to me the call should have stood because there was question.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the letter of the rules it's the right call. It's an awful rule just like the tuck rule was. I was watching it at a pub and we all thought for sure it was a catch. Piece of shit rule that needs to be changed, it makes no sense.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I had the over so I REALLY wanted that catch to count.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the correct call. You are nuts. It may be a bad rule, and I completely agree it is. I hope it is changed. And make no mistake if the roles were reversed and this happened to the Packers I would be absolutely livid......BUT....that doesn't make the call wrong. The call was right. The rule is dumb. Big difference. So I'll say it again - "correct call".

No, the call was completely wrong because it was not conclusive enough to OVERTURN THE CALL ON THE FIELD. Which is the point everyone is missing. If it is RULED INCOMPLETE ON THE FIELD, then I have no issue whatsoever with the call standing, because it was just way too close to decipher what Dez was actually doing. Anybody that can 100% say that Dez is not making a football move is lying to themselves.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the correct call, you are nuts. He caught the ball with both hands, took three steps, put the ball in his left hand, then stretched for the endzone. Dez was in complete control of the football and was reaching for the endzone.

It was the correct call. You are nuts. It may be a bad rule, and I completely agree it is. I hope it is changed. And make no mistake if the roles were reversed and this happened to the Packers I would be absolutely livid......BUT....that doesn't make the call wrong. The call was right. The rule is dumb. Big difference. So I'll say it again - "correct call".

Last edited by a moderator:

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Even if they wanted to say there was no football move, it was NOT conclusive in my mind that the ball hit the ground. For all anyone knows for sure, Dez's hands could have been under the ball when it popped up. I agree with you. You don't overturn the call on the field. I said it on other threads, this is not the reason we lost as our defense was just not very good in the second half and Rogers likely comes down and wins it, but then it would have been an even better game.

Such is life. It could be worse. We could be Lion's fans? :noidea:

This makes you seem like a homer in denial. If you want to argue the rule is stupid, then fine. If you want to be pissed about the call (just as I would be) then fine, I don't blame you. But the OP posted a video which shows the ball hitting the ground. And if that isn't clear enough for you then later on in Page 1 a different video was posted where it clearly, and I mean CLEARLY WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT shows the ball hitting the ground and popping up on its end. How can you honestly sit there and say "It was not conclusive in my mind that the ball hit the ground."?? It's as obvious as day in the second video. You just seem to be in denial and not want to make yourself believe it.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This makes you seem like a homer in denial. If you want to argue the rule is stupid, then fine. If you want to be pissed about the call (just as I would be) then fine, I don't blame you. But the OP posted a video which shows the ball hitting the ground. And if that isn't clear enough for you then later on in Page 1 a different video was posted where it clearly, and I mean CLEARLY WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT shows the ball hitting the ground and popping up on its end. How can you honestly sit there and say "It was not conclusive in my mind that the ball hit the ground."?? It's as obvious as day in the second video. You just seem to be in denial and not want to make yourself believe it.
Not a homer...get better reading comprehension. I said that you would likely have won regardless. My point was on the call. I have seen the video and frame by frame shot and have yet to see green field touch the ball in any picture. You can't show me that shot either. While it appears that it may have hit the ground, there is still doubt given where Dez's hands were located. My point was that there were two judgement calls....one whether putting the ball forward after his right elbow was down (that was going to the ground) was a football move and even if not was there a conclusive shot that the ball actually hit the ground and did not bounce off of Dez's hand or fingers.

Again, call on the filed should stand if any doubt....

K

kengel6

Ball hits ground. no catch, season over.
Go New England. (Brady U-M boy)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the call was completely wrong because it was not conclusive enough to OVERTURN THE CALL ON THE FIELD. Which is the point everyone is missing. If it is RULED INCOMPLETE ON THE FIELD, then I have no issue whatsoever with the call standing, because it was just way too close to decipher what Dez was actually doing. Anybody that can 100% say that Dez is not making a football move is lying to themselves.

:agree:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B7HZ4GQIcAAJYvi.jpg

AGREED! Had possession, made a football move and the ball came out when he hit the ground, which is also not a fumble.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is over. Things don't always go your way. Let it go