• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone here play NFL video games?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if I was playing on offense inside of 2 minutes, as quarterback I fumbled the ball, then the running back recovered it in his own end zone and the play was immediately blown dead and called a safety I would assume one of two things. Either a weird glitch has happened or there was an error in how the game was programmed.
Who here knew about this rule? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Deception I wonder if there are people out there who only learned about this rule through playing video games. Is this rule applied in the making of NFL video games though?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mods, please change thread title to make it clickbait or something... Well idk...this is really just a thread about the safety that put the Bills up 21-13. I thought there might be a thread about it already and didn't see one when I got here.
Also never before saw a safety kick as an attempted onsides kick. I wonder how much less likely it is for the kicking team to recover a safety kick.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the punter would try to drill the ball out low off one of the Bills for a forced muffed punt, what did they have to loose never saw it before but didn't see a reason they couldn't try that not sure if fielding the ball after 10 yards would have resulted in possession though.

Didn't know about the rule. Been playing Madden online for the past three seasons on the Xbox network never encountered that play before and would doubt it's in the game. It's likely EA will update Madden after this weekend when they send out the weekly patch download.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety kicks are recoverable by the kicking team.

I've never seen a video game include fair catch kicks. The NCAA apparently did include one point safeties on XPs, so props to EA for that part at least.