• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone hate the St. Louis Cardinals as much as I do?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how have you felt about going to games at AT&T-South over the last few years?

:ss:

Okay, you asked.

Visiting Giants fans over the last few years are much like Yankees fans have always been; superior, self-absorbed, just a notch above, just a little bit better than everyone else. Very smug, conceited, nose-in-the-air, shit-eating grin from ear-to-ear, this is a total waste of our precious time, obsequious, etc, etc, etc. Pretty fucking disgusting in my opinion. They embody every synonym of "asshole" that comes to mind and more. The worst is the non-stop "dynasty" bullshit. Gimme a fun-loving Dodgers fan any damned day. Giants fans largely make me sick. Put it this way, as much as I hate arrogant teams like the Cardinals, I hate Giants fans. They don't deserve the team they're fans of. The SF Giants team is loose, cool, fun, etc. Giants fans suck dick.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what ever happenend to Ginger? y'all ran her off?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Schumaker is playing for the Dodgers now. I still hate his ass but he came in as a pinch hitter for Josh Beckett and doubled into an inning-ending double-play on the first pitch he saw. I love it!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see....I am a diehard Cubs fan living in St. Louis who has to take the train with Cardinals fans 3-4 days a week. Yes, I hate the Cardinals as much as you do. Maybe a little more.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that sucks. I can't imagine.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that sucks. I can't imagine.

The worst was when I went to my local sports bar with 40+ televisions and could not see a Bears game because the Cards were in the playoffs and apparently people needed 75% of the TVs to show their game. I was lucky in that I convinced a manager to change a TV after 3 different employees rejected me. If that hadn't happened and I missed the Bears game, I just might have lost it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch baseball all day every day and every team. I am here to tell you, you're right. If you polled broadcasters and they were able to vote anonymously, these guys would be in dead last place.

Worse than Tag and Busby for Texas? Our guys aren't homers, but they get sidetracked and sound like a bake sale or they are announcing a HS game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I dont understand HATE for another teams fans.

Spankee fans are hard to get along with, but Ithink has more to do with them being New Yorkers than it does with them being Spankee fans. Probably the same thing with BoSox fans.

I "Hate" Doggie fans, but that only comes from the rivalry. I have actually met quite a few that I thought were pretty cool, once the rivaly was set to where it belongs (with a smill and a :ss:).

Padre fans (focusing on them since I live here) I find to be cool, for the most part, but VERY casual. There are very few die-hard Padre fans. I understand the reason for it (destination city, horrible ownership, competition for your summer-hours), but it is still there.

I try to only talk shit about another team (without the smile) if they start it. That's when the ring finger comes out (I was a game at Petco in '11 where we lost pretty bad, so I was catching shit from the Padre fans after the game; I busted out with Queen's "We Are the Champions" and rubbing my ring finger. The crowd really had no response)

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse than Tag and Busby for Texas? Our guys aren't homers, but they get sidetracked and sound like a bake sale or they are announcing a HS game.

Now that you mention it, I can't recall the Texas guys. If I choose to watch AL, it's usually KC and those guys are pretty damned solid. Oh, and I like the Baltimore guys too. will have to watch some Rangers later.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you mention it, I can't recall the Texas guys. If I choose to watch AL, it's usually KC and those guys are pretty damned solid. Oh, and I like the Baltimore guys too. will have to watch some Rangers later.

They both play up their "country boy" side with Busby making up a lot of slang terms and Tag just seeming lost some times. Then he will turn it on and all of a sudden he is remember back to his front office days or his playing days and giving some good insight.

They don't do it as often, but a few seasons ago they would have cookies and treats delivered from fans and then thank them on the air. Every fucking game they would talk about "the cookie lady" and it got to the point where it was taking two half innings to get through all the baked goods. It was like some minor league stuff.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I dont understand HATE for another teams fans.

Spankee fans are hard to get along with, but Ithink has more to do with them being New Yorkers than it does with them being Spankee fans. Probably the same thing with BoSox fans.

I "Hate" Doggie fans, but that only comes from the rivalry. I have actually met quite a few that I thought were pretty cool, once the rivaly was set to where it belongs (with a smill and a :ss:).

Padre fans (focusing on them since I live here) I find to be cool, for the most part, but VERY casual. There are very few die-hard Padre fans. I understand the reason for it (destination city, horrible ownership, competition for your summer-hours), but it is still there.

I try to only talk shit about another team (without the smile) if they start it. That's when the ring finger comes out (I was a game at Petco in '11 where we lost pretty bad, so I was catching shit from the Padre fans after the game; I busted out with Queen's "We Are the Champions" and rubbing my ring finger. The crowd really had no response)

I'll tell you though, it's magic when real brownie fans are in the Gaslamp after the game and there's a mellow vibe in the local bars. You know what I mean, too. Me and my bro get a room down there a couple of times a year and do it right. I feel like shit for a day or so afterward but it's worth it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a god damned minute! How could I forget this. I haaaaate Joe Simson for the Braves as much as any announcer. Gawd I hate that guy. He's completely shameless.

2525945323_9aaae40733_m.jpg

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard those guys last week and they were kind of cracking me up. They were talking about Twitter and one of them said, "Hey, do you think we're missing the mark by not being on that Twitter?" Sounded like a couple of real old timers.. lol

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hear Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven announcing for the Twins here. I think they are pretty good. Dick can be a little homerish at times but they show some respect for other teams and their players.

Bert can especially be entertaining to listen to. You never know what he might say. :)

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remembered last night that I've always like Bob Walk for the Pirates.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see this kind of interaction with fans being allowed on the uppity Cardinals.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and more, this time with a Cardinals fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a god damned minute! How could I forget this. I haaaaate Joe Simson for the Braves as much as any announcer. Gawd I hate that guy. He's completely shameless.

2525945323_9aaae40733_m.jpg

I agree, I dont like Joe Simpson either. I put the tv on mute and listen to Don Sutton on the Radio

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I dont like Joe Simpson either. I put the tv on mute and listen to Don Sutton on the Radio

I used to not like him that much but I guess he's grown on me, now Chip puts me to sleep. Having said that, I miss Boog. :pout: