• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone hate the St. Louis Cardinals as much as I do?

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs fans are by far the worst. I don't hate the cardinals fans as much as i hate the organization. A whole lot of complaining about other people from the players.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated the team when Tony LaRussa was there as he's a whiny douche. Not a big fan of a lot of their players like Holliday, Carpenter and Molina. That said, their fans are some of the classiest and knowledgeable fans out there. I have nothing against the fans.

Bottom line is, every team will eventually have some douchey team and eventually have a classy, well liked team. It's all cyclical.

The worst Homer announcers though have to be the White Sox guys (if their still the same from a couple of years ago).....and I have absolutely nothing against the White Sox except for AJ Pierfuckski.

It might sound like two guys, but it's just one.

Heave the Hawk :: 10 Reasons Why ?The Hawk? Must Go

The only good time to listen to his broadcast is when the White Sox are getting pounded. He will just sit there in silence for long periods of time. :lol:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skyline Chili tastes like garbage. Chili is one of the hardest things to screw up and Cinci manages to do it. If Lunchables had Chili, it would taste better.

Anyways, this whole thread is funny. Haters gonna hate. The only thing remotely worth commenting on is the fact that our announcers are homers. But they also give a lot of respect to players on other teams that have earned it. They usually inject an opinion about most players and generally those opinions are positive.

Clayton, if you really believe that, I encourage you to listen to some other broadcasts because you must not know what you're missing. I used to think the Yankees clowns were bad until yesterday. When things started unraveling, they were literally speechless with homer rage. They couldn't think of anything to say. It was really quite humiliating for a fan of the game to witness.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate them more than any other team. All of them are whiny bitches. Hilarious how their players and fans all try to hate DatDude but would LOVE him on their team.

Honestly, I'm not sure that locker room would allow him to be him. There's soooo much pride and fucking politics in that locker room that I think the second he was friendly and approachable to fans they'd treat him like Pujols treated Colby Rasmus. They'd love his play but they couldn't handle an open, honest, approachable, fan-friendly player like Brandon Phillips. There'd be a panic-driven players-only team meeting over shocking pics like this posted to Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst announcers in baseball

I watch baseball all day every day and every team. I am here to tell you, you're right. If you polled broadcasters and they were able to vote anonymously, these guys would be in dead last place.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all teams announcers are pretty shameless homers. The G's team is insanely homeristic, but they are awesome. The Padres team is extremely homerish as well, but I HATE listening to them. I have listened to the Rangers, Tigers, Cards, Cubs... A few others, and they are ALL homers.

You like YOUR homers though...

The Giants are easy and fun to listen to. They might be homers, but they're friendly and respectful, like almost all broadcasting teams. The Cardinals clowns would do well to listen and learn.

As for the Padres, we have Dick Enberg and Mark Grant. I like Dick Enberg as a tennis analyst, not a baseball broadcaster. Mark Grant means well but comes up short. That said, they're not terrible IMO but are solid late middle-of-the-pack. I still say Len and Bob doing Cubs games were basically unbeatable and the D'Backs with Mark Grace were in second place.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch baseball all day every day and every team. I am here to tell you, you're right. If you polled broadcasters and they were able to vote anonymously, these guys would be in dead last place.

Haven't heard them but they might be in a tie for last with the hawk. Just plain BAD!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated the team when Tony LaRussa was there as he's a whiny douche. Not a big fan of a lot of their players like Holliday, Carpenter and Molina. That said, their fans are some of the classiest and knowledgeable fans out there. I have nothing against the fans.

Bottom line is, every team will eventually have some douchey team and eventually have a classy, well liked team. It's all cyclical.

The worst Homer announcers though have to be the White Sox guys (if their still the same from a couple of years ago).....and I have absolutely nothing against the White Sox except for AJ Pierfuckski.

I am friends with some solid Cardinals fans (one of who I'm trying to get in here cause we'd all like him) and I have to agree. These fans are extremely well-informed and respectful of the game and individuals. It's hard not to like that but when they always want to throw it in your face, it gets annoying. That said, La Russa never bothered me as much as most, maybe because I admired those Bash Brothers teams back in the late 80s so much and it's always interesting to watch his strategy; much of which was simple over-thinking of the game that came back to haunt him.

As for AJ, I have an intense dislike of him and when the Padres had Michael Barret as catcher, he was always getting love for doing this.

Barrett+AJ.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. For what its worth, the Cards announcers slobbed Buster Posey off for a good 5 minutes but he has earned it.

If you guys think Cards fans are annoying somehow, just wait until the Cubs become relevant again. In the past decade, Ive seen strong rivalries with the Astros, Brewers and Reds but I really don't think people realize how many Cubs fans are hiding out there just waiting for the team to be relevant again.

Cubs fans are pretty obnoxious. They show up en masse at visiting ballparks and act like they just won the World Series. At the friendly confines, I love 'em and want to be there with them, but anywhere else, they just need to get drunk, STFU and suffer in silence.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am friends with some solid Cardinals fans (one of who I'm trying to get in here cause we'd all like him) and I have to agree. These fans are extremely well-informed and respectful of the game and individuals. It's hard not to like that but when they always want to throw it in your face, it gets annoying. That said, La Russa never bothered me as much as most, maybe because I admired those Bash Brothers teams back in the late 80s so much and it's always interesting to watch his strategy; much of which was simple over-thinking of the game that came back to haunt him.

As for AJ, I have an intense dislike of him and when the Padres had Michael Barret as catcher, he was always getting love for doing this.

Barrett+AJ.jpg

That's awesome. Found a great video on that. Could watch all day.

Looks like Prickzynski was all puss about it and ran to the sideline for the fight and then tried to act all tough guy in the dugout after.

:lol:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[/QUOTE]

so brandon phillips likes big white girls........:rollseyes:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs fans are pretty obnoxious. They show up en masse at visiting ballparks and act like they just won the World Series. At the friendly confines, I love 'em and want to be there with them, but anywhere else, they just need to get drunk, STFU and suffer in silence.

So how have you felt about going to games at AT&T-South over the last few years?

:ss:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda fear what Cubs-nation will be like when they win one. The RedSox fans became completely unbareable durring their run, and I can understand non-Giants fans groing impatient with us taking over parks (I love it, I can understand it getting old).

The Cubs already have the numbers. Throw in something to brag about? Fuggettaboutit

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird, the Giants no longer have much of a fan base in NYC, but the Dodgers still have a large following. I think it's because they were from Brooklyn, and Brooklyn has their own swagger and identity.

I remember the first year Citi was open, I went to a game against the Dodgers and there were Dodger hats and jerseys everywhere. Combined with the fact that you go in through the Jackie Robinson Rotunda where there's pictures of him in a Dodgers uniform all over the place it was a little surreal, like who is the home team again?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, if you really believe that, I encourage you to listen to some other broadcasts because you must not know what you're missing. I used to think the Yankees clowns were bad until yesterday. When things started unraveling, they were literally speechless with homer rage. They couldn't think of anything to say. It was really quite humiliating for a fan of the game to witness.
Ive heard quite a few broadcasting teams. The Cardinals broadcasters are great, especially early on in the season, because they have so many opinions about players. There is a lot of entertainment value in hearing something like 'Cain and Wainwright are locked in. Expect a pitchers duel' in the 3rd inning only to watch them get blasted in the 4th with a 'we didn't see this coming at all'.

Later on in the season when the stats get a little more solid, you start to see fewer opinions and more facts being stated.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive heard quite a few broadcasting teams. The Cardinals broadcasters are great, especially early on in the season, because they have so many opinions about players. There is a lot of entertainment value in hearing something like 'Cain and Wainwright are locked in. Expect a pitchers duel' in the 3rd inning only to watch them get blasted in the 4th with a 'we didn't see this coming at all'.

Later on in the season when the stats get a little more solid, you start to see fewer opinions and more facts being stated.

I've watched my fair share of cardinals games with their announcers. I've never seen so much complaining about calls that were correct in the first place from any other announcers. Hell, look back a year and I started a thread about it. Since I am a reds homer living in Cincy, I watch every game. The announcers have no issue admitting we benefited from a blown call or hyping up the opposing team. They may question it at first, but will immediately admit error once a replay airs. The cards announcers were still complaining in the 4th about Yadi getting screwed by the scorer in 1st on one of the most blatant errors seen this year.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda fear what Cubs-nation will be like when they win one. The RedSox fans became completely unbareable durring their run, and I can understand non-Giants fans groing impatient with us taking over parks (I love it, I can understand it getting old).

The Cubs already have the numbers. Throw in something to brag about? Fuggettaboutit

3 square blocks in Chicago will be burned to the ground

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched my fair share of cardinals games with their announcers. I've never seen so much complaining about calls that were correct in the first place from any other announcers. Hell, look back a year and I started a thread about it. Since I am a reds homer living in Cincy, I watch every game. The announcers have no issue admitting we benefited from a blown call or hyping up the opposing team. They may question it at first, but will immediately admit error once a replay airs. The cards announcers were still complaining in the 4th about Yadi getting screwed by the scorer in 1st on one of the most blatant errors seen this year.
Ive heard them say that we've gotten breaks on many occasions. If this type of thing bothers you, don't watch the NBA with biased announcers. Those are the worst.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cards announcers were still complaining in the 4th about Yadi getting screwed by the scorer in 1st on one of the most blatant errors seen this year.

My son and I decided the next time it's a Cards home game and MLB Extra Innings won't let us choose the Reds version, we're just going to watch it on MLB.tv on the computer, which allows you to select which version you want. They're that horrible.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chris Heisey slide? That was fucking :L
Tom Brenneman was like :wtf: and I was too. What a fucking moron. That dudes a backup for good reason after seeing a play like that.