• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone expecting a loss Sun...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately I'm expecting a loss in most games this year. Last year was devastating in that regard and expectations need to be low with the lockout and all. For this year I really want to see improvement even if it doesn't show up in the record. Next year expectations will be much higher.

well said.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Road game, early start, their home opener...we've got a lot of things going against us. This is definitely a winnable game, but we need better play from the OL and the DBs than we got last week.[/QUOTE]

yep and think they WILL improve. its a communication thing, playing together thing, lack of off-season thing. don't feel its a lack of talent thing, there's enough talent on these units.

so after 2 games they should be gelling more and more.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Honestly this game is bigger than last week. I hope this team doesn't go out ther and lay an egg. If they loose we are headed to a 6-10 season. I predict(hope) that the niners will win 24-14.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i would think a similar game as Dallas? so if we can keep our mistakes down like last game.....we'll win a close one.

our run D should hold again forcing Dalton to throw more, in turn this should allow Fangio to add pressure as the game goes on. don't think Cinncinatti's QB-TE combo is as good as Dallas?

btw - even though Austin had big stats, felt Witten hurt us more? IMO two of Austin's TD's were bad mistakes by our secondary, not likely to happen again. yes still possible, but not likely.

our offense will be similar to the Dallas game, just a LITTLE more success with the run. so don't see why we can't score around 24 points again?

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i would think a similar game as Dallas? so if we can keep our mistakes down like last game.....we'll win a close one.

our run D should hold again forcing Dalton to throw more, in turn this should allow Fangio to add pressure as the game goes on. don't think Cinncinatti's QB-TE combo is as good as Dallas?

btw - even though Austin had big stats, felt Witten hurt us more? IMO two of Austin's TD's were bad mistakes by our secondary, not likely to happen again. yes still possible, but not likely.

our offense will be similar to the Dallas game, just a LITTLE more success with the run. so don't see why we can't score around 24 points again?

I think the dallas games wasn't a game that we were supposed to win. We should be able to go into to Cincy and win. Dallas is one of the top 5 teams in the NFC

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the dallas games wasn't a game that we were supposed to win. We should be able to go into to Cincy and win. Dallas is one of the top 5 teams in the NFC

How can you say that we shouldnt win a game when the opponents cornerbacks are out, their second best WR is out, and the game is at home? The cowboys havent proven to this point that they are top 5 NFC team (packers, saints, eagles, falcons, bears). Fans need to up their expectations.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say that we shouldnt win a game when the opponents cornerbacks are out, their second best WR is out, and the game is at home? The cowboys havent proven to this point that they are top 5 NFC team (packers, saints, eagles, falcons, bears). Fans need to up their expectations.

Well said!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

will have to agree considering the specifics of both cases, Dallas appeared to be the more winnable game? by just a little bit, but does appear that way? more times than naught we would've held on to win.

feel we can win a close one at Cinncinatti too, but its closer to 50/50. they're a good team and shouldn't be underestimated.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
49ers are 7 and 39 playing east of their Pacific time zone since 2003.

The other stat I heard, I think I have it right, is that they're 4 - 36 in their last 40 road games outside of NFC West.

Still though, I don't see how the Bengals are any good at all, and while they've played better than expected I can't see how they go into any games as favorites, even considering the brutal stats above. I certainly take the points, and am even optimistic about the win.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't make sense to up our expectations if the team hasn't given us a reason to do so. Singletary et al were fired because they didn’t get enough out of these players. We basically have the same team as last year with a different coaching staff that has had less than two months with the team. So if schematics was the problem how can we expect the team to be better if the coaching staff hasn’t had an opportunity to install the full system?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly this game is bigger than last week. I hope this team doesn't go out ther and lay an egg. If they loose we are headed to a 6-10 season. I predict(hope) that the niners will win 24-14.

Agreed. They need to set a precedent that they can win on the road. This is a big opportunity to do that.