• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone else tired of original six?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Keep on hearing if the wings move east it will leave only one original six in west. Who cares....also hearing over and over when the wings and hawks played the winter vlassic. It just isn't a rivalry because of original six. It's more of one because of division rivals

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's perhaps NHL's only tagline to the classics? I guess..... why Hawks and Wings again? the fuck!

a team like Columbus will never get a chance!!!!!!!!! lol

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah but do fans even care? Just because two teams were the first you think its still a rivalry?

Rivalries are only born in the playoffs and esp through divisional playoffs. Remember when the devils played the leafs I think 3 straight years? That was intense

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Original Six, all have great jerseys/symbols (even the Rangers). Although Detroit's jerseys have a distinct communist undertone to them.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, fans still care

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not just the fact that they're old, it's the history that is attached to a franchise that ancient. Yankees/Dodgers haven't been on the same coast for 50 years, but there's still a rivalry, and if they played, you can bet that all the talk would be about that history.

Regarding the WC. The entire purpose of the event is to get the NHL huge ratings and that 2B$ contract with NBC, so I think it's good for the game to have the biggest markets possible involved in that game. Would I want to see the Devils in one? Yes. Will they ever be in one? Not likely. Do I get why? Yes. Does it make me mad? No.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of them? No. But do I care about them like I used to? Definately not I think its been shoved in our faces a bit too much over the past few y earsmedia wise.

BTW nasty what's the undertone? lol

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am sick of the original six and think the rangers should be sent west :D seriously I think some of the best rivalries in hockey have nothing to do with the original six sell the future not the past

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the WC. The entire purpose of the event is to get the NHL huge ratings and that 2B$ contract with NBC, so I think it's good for the game to have the biggest markets possible involved in that game. Would I want to see the Devils in one? Yes. Will they ever be in one? Not likely. Do I get why? Yes. Does it make me mad? No.

F that MCD. Get mad. If there was ever a time for the Devils to be in one it was this year. We have (one of) the best American players in Parise. The best goaltender of his generation in what may be his final year. And we have Kovy, who is supposed to be one of the most exciting players in the league.

The problem with the league (and all the others really) is they dont care about teams. They care about individual players. Also, FUCK THE FLYERS. They were already in one. Fuck The Pens too. Hell, fuck the entire Eastern conference.I'm sure there are teams out West that would love to have it. Avs/Wild in Minny would sell out for sure.

Honestly if I didnt have a girlfriend cheering for each team in the game this year, I wouldnt even care! And hell, if I cant get 3 tickets to the event (because its bigger than a game now) I'm not going to watch.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baseball is a bit different then hockey in that sense. Listen if I'm a ranger fan would I rather grt tickets to see the leafs or the flyers?

If I'm a wing fan would i want a ticket to the bruins? Or against the sharks?

Not saying its not important original 6 but I don't think its much on the minds of fans

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of them? No. But do I care about them like I used to? Definately not I think its been shoved in our faces a bit too much over the past few y earsmedia wise.

BTW nasty what's the undertone? lol

Might as well be Osgood in this pic

lake-placid2.jpg

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yet they wonder why goal scoring was so much back then. Take a photo of lundqivst and put him in that picture. Noway would gretz have the type of numbers he has if he played today

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gretz? Probably....everyone else. Nope

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My philosophy on it is this, remember and celebrate your past, but don't make your world revolve around it.

And didn't Vanderbeek say last year the team was promised they would be in the Winter classic in the future? Not that it means much but

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with tilo on the WC keep recycling the same old teams it gets boring and loses its luster.If you don't keep it fresh it becomes nothing but a gimmick and they get old fast.Until the nhl figures this out and starts featuring fresh teams in the WC I'm done with it .To be honest I would rather watch bowl games on new year than some over hyped watered down product.Keep going in the same direction ratings will drop guaranteed.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is precisely why baseball is dying as a sport.

Baseball is a dying sport because the attention span of America is fastly declining. Baseball is still thriving in other places. But thats just my opinion obviously. Then again I'm "odd". I'd chose baseball, hockey, soccer, tennis, and golf over basketball and football.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My philosophy on it is this, remember and celebrate your past, but don't make your world revolve around it.

And didn't Vanderbeek say last year the team was promised they would be in the Winter classic in the future? Not that it means much but

But the past is all the Maple Leafs & their fans have.:hockeysmile:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is a dying sport because the attention span of America is fastly declining. Baseball is still thriving in other places. But thats just my opinion obviously. Then again I'm "odd". I'd chose baseball, hockey, soccer, tennis, and golf over basketball and football.

I agree with the short attention span, that's why football has become so popular (Once a week so it's easy to follow, only something 11 minutes of real action so you don't have to pay attention throughout like you do with hockey). That's why baseball needs to make some changes to the game to speed the game up and make it more interesting. Because they cling to tradition this will not happen and as a result they are being left in the dust. Football, and now hockey, are sports that are constantly evolving and it works.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If baseball changes the core of the game (thats really the only way it could be sped up) for the mass idiots of the country, then I'm done.