• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else impressed with Tony Romo?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm intrigued, anyone know what game he calls next week?

I don't think the games announcers list is out yet, I think, and I'm probably wrong, it's around Wednesday.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty blown away with how well Romo did in his first real shot at calling a football game. He seemed like he's been doing it forever. His inside knowledge was really good and he nailed it a few times when he blatantly called what was going to happen before the ball was even snapped.

I've never been a Romo fan but I'll give him credit where it's due. He might have a solid career as a TV color man if he keeps calling games like that.
Why not? I thought it was pretty cool for Romo to say "this looks like a play action pass to the right coming up" and then that's exactly what happened. He's either a good guesser or he's good at seeing the field and the line ups and he knows whats coming. That's impressive. Gruden and Collingsworth are good at that too.

I actually joked with my brother,who's a Cowboys fan,that if he was that good at it,while he was playing,he might have been still lining up and calling plays. lol

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty blown away with how well Romo did in his first real shot at calling a football game. He seemed like he's been doing it forever. His inside knowledge was really good and he nailed it a few times when he blatantly called what was going to happen before the ball was even snapped.

I've never been a Romo fan but I'll give him credit where it's due. He might have a solid career as a TV color man if he keeps calling games like that.

I'm impressed he made it through the entire broadcast without getting injured.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rough week for Tony I guess

BREAKING: Tony Romo OUT 4-6 Weeks After Suffering Sore Throat In Broadcasting Debut

BREAKING: Tony Romo OUT 4-6 Weeks After Suffering Sore Throat In Broadcasting Debut

NASHVILLE, TN – Tony Romo made his broadcasting debut Sunday to rave reviews from both those in the business and fans alike. The former Dallas Cowboys quarterback, who retired to purse a career in the booth sat along side Jim Nance for Titan-Raiders, and not only called the game, but damn near predicted plays before they happened.

The over-exertion may have cost him though.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, a source within CBS has notified Romo that he will miss time with acute Pharyngitis, also known as a sore throat. The time table for his return currently stands at 4-6 weeks.

According to Schefter, CBS will put a young broadcaster named Pak Brescott in place of Romo until he is ready and able to hop back in the booth.

thumb-61.jpg