• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody have a week 17 Championship?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the finals in my main league, and we go all the way to week 17. So, of course, I have to pay attention to who would be in danger of sitting and trying to judge who may get pulled if/when a game gets out of hand or just for the hell of it. So, here is my roster...

QB

Goff vs SF - I don't think the Rams have anything to play for. I doubt he plays a full game.
Mariota vs Jax - Horrible matchup, but they have a win and get in situation where Jacksonville has nothing to play for. Not sure I can trust him in the championship game against my bitter rival.

RB

Shady McCoy @ Mia - They need a win and a prayer. I see no reason to believe he won't play the whole game.
Lamar Miller @ Indy - Neither team has anything to play for. He should play the whole game as it shouldn't be a blowout either way. Nice matchup, too.
Joe Mixon/Gio Bernard vs Bal - Mixon missed two games with a concussion, came back last week and left in the 1st quarter with an ankle. If he plays, I can't trust either of them. If he doesn't, Gio is in a bad matchup with a team who needs a win to be in.
Derek Henry vs Jax - Doesn't look like Murray will play, so he may be the featured back, Jacksonville is 19th against the run in my league. But I think most of those are pass catching backs, which Henry is not.

WR

Doug Baldwin vs AZ - They need a win and help. He should play all game.
Tyreek Hill @ Den - Tough matchup and KC has nothing to play for. I can't trust him.
Demaryius Thomas vs KC - If Oz plays, he should be good for double digits as his floor.
Michael Thomas @ Tampa - Was knicked up last week, but will be playing for the division. Would get pulled in a blowout, but hopefully would have enough points before then not to matter. Plus, that could happen in any game, really.

TE

Greg Olsen @ Atl - He should play the whole game.
Jimmy Graham vs AZ - He should play the whole game.

And my defense...

Everson Griffen - Maybe?
Aaron Donald - I could see him sitting, actually.
Sean Lee - As long as he is healthy, he should play
Christian Kirksey - Playing
Luke Kuechly - Playing
Eric Reid - Playing
Harrison Smith - Probably playing.

So, I have a starting lineup, except maybe at QB. So, let's look at what is on the wire...

Derek Carr @ LAC - He should play. San Diego is 4th against QBs in my league, so not an ideal matchup.
Jacoby Brissett vs Hou - Houston's secondary is trash. He had his 2nd best game of the season against them last time they met. Threat to run.
Andy Dalton vs Bal - He should play. Baltimore is a tough matchup and Dalton is so inconsistent.
Jameis Winston vs NO - He should play. Got hurt last game against them.
Jimmy G @ LAR - He should play. He is the hot hand right now. The Rams have nothing to play for and may be resting some starters, especially in the 2nd half.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something with one of my RBs or WRs or am I fine there starting DT, Doug and Michael Thomas at WR and McCoy and Miller or Henry, probably at RB? Which QB should I go after, or trust in Mariota, who is fighting for a playoff spot? I'm thinking Brissett or Jimmy G.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got it pretty well nailed for the WR and TE. As for RB (I think Henry, especially if Murray sits, is the better play over Miller - he's taken a back seat to Blue lately). .... QB is going to be the BIG question mark. I just couldn't bring myself to trust Goff or Mariotta in the finals. Not sure what the Colts will do - they have nothing to play for. Thinking Jimmy G. is the way to go at this point. .... of course they have nothing to play for either, but he is the hot hand. .....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 100% sure of this but wouldn't the Saints end up with HFA if they win and the Rams lose?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 100% sure of this but wouldn't the Saints end up with HFA if they win and the Rams lose?

No. The rams and saints are each one game back of Philadelphia and Minnesota. Philadelphia is 5-0 in common games and Minnesota beat LA and NO. The best the saints can get is the 3 seed. Carolina can get the 2 seed if Minnesota and LA lose due to Carolina beating Minnesota head to head.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The rams and saints are each one game back of Philadelphia and Minnesota. Philadelphia is 5-0 in common games and Minnesota beat LA and NO. The best the saints can get is the 3 seed. Carolina can get the 2 seed if Minnesota and LA lose due to Carolina beating Minnesota head to head.
Basically what I was saying. If the Rams lose and the Saints win, wouldn't the Saints have HFA over the Rams?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were talking about overall HFA, like the one seed.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were talking about overall HFA, like the one seed.
No.............Eagles and Vikes have that wrapped up. If I'm the Rams I come out to win this week. No way I want to get a rematch with tSaints at their house. Not a likely rematch but you never know.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.............Eagles and Vikes have that wrapped up. If I'm the Rams I come out to win this week. No way I want to get a rematch with tSaints at their house. Not a likely rematch but you never know.
True... So, I feel a little better about Goff. But I still have to wonder if Jimmy G or Brissett would be a better play. Or maybe Flacco? He's put up somewhat respectable numbers the past couple of weeks and has a decent matchup against the Bungles.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld says that the Rams are likely to sit Goff and a couple others. I'm not tech savvy enough to post the little blurb on it. I have a bid in for Jimmy G. Thinking about dumping Goff for Winston as well, but they may change their tune.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld says that the Rams are likely to sit Goff and a couple others. I'm not tech savvy enough to post the little blurb on it. I have a bid in for Jimmy G. Thinking about dumping Goff for Winston as well, but they may change their tune.

tmp.png

That would be a problem for me. I have Goff. These are my choices at QB if Goff sits. Leaning Winston.

tmpqb.png

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... pretty much what I am looking at. I grabbed Jimmy G. Thinking about grabbing Winston, also.
Well, if you follow the unofficial rule that a player who has a bad week will follow it up with a good week, then I think Jimmy G may slide a bit, while Winston (after his melt down) should be a solid play on the road.
But this is all random and inconsistent.
Bortles at TEN and Keenan at CHI are intriguing too.
I'm in no hurry since my opponent has Rivers and probably will stick with what got him to the title game.
Plus I have Bell, EE and Kamara leading my RB attack.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum and Bortles are interesting. 2 guys that I am liking more and more are Brissett and Hundley.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND I'm wrong again! Minny needs a win to secure HFA or a Carolina loss........or Ram/Saints win...........

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got an ESPN alert that said Goff and Gurley are not playing this week.