• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody else feel sad now that the season is over

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a funny feeling because the Giants just won it all. I guess I'm just greedy and want more baseball. LOL! I guess I can wait until April when our Giants begin their quest for another championship. There will be plenty of Hot Stove talk to keep my baseball fever warm.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I was already more eager at this time last year for the season to start, but not this year. I am kinda looking forward to the offseason moves.

For some reason, my gut tells me some big things are going to happen.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs win last night got me out of the post-baseball blues. Plus, I'm an Oregon alum, and I'm pretty sure if the San Francisco Giants and Duck football both win their first championships within 3 months of each other, you won't be able to remove the smile from my face for at least a year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs win last night got me out of the post-baseball blues. Plus, I'm an Oregon alum, and I'm pretty sure if the San Francisco Giants and Duck football both win their first championships within 3 months of each other, you won't be able to remove the smile from my face for at least a year.

Great win for the Dubs last night without Steph Curry. Dorrell Wright is an absolute revelation to me. I wasn't alive the last time the Warriors won, so let's hope this is the start of great things.

I hope that either the Ducks or Stanford face an SEC team in the bowl season and win big. I'm real tired of all these Team SEC people.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for the Dubs last night without Steph Curry. Dorrell Wright is an absolute revelation to me. I wasn't alive the last time the Warriors won, so let's hope this is the start of great things.

I hope that either the Ducks or Stanford face an SEC team in the bowl season and win big. I'm real tired of all these Team SEC people.

+1 on all counts. Born in '82 myself, so I'm right there with you, and unfortunately the current make-up of the NBA doesn't look good for the Warriors for awhile, but at least if this squad stays/gets healthy, they have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Funny how Dorell Wright is instantly an upgrade over Magette. I think the dubs are a 45 win team to be honest, as long as they stay relatively healthy.

Monta has played great so far and it looks like he's beginning to be a team player. He trusts his teammates more this season. I think he'll make the all-star team.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how Dorell Wright is instantly an upgrade over Magette. I think the dubs are a 45 win team to be honest, as long as they stay relatively healthy.

Monta has played great so far and it looks like he's beginning to be a team player. He trusts his teammates more this season. I think he'll make the all-star team.

All agreed once again. I fear that, even healthy, they will be little closer to .500, but I also think 42 wins will get a West team into the playoffs this year. The East is top heavy, but they're top 5 teams are better than everybody in the West not named the Lakers.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Kings and Niner fan, so it could be a long winter :L

But I could see the W's greatly improving this year. Is Brandon Wright back yet? I really like this guy and it's to bad he has been injured so much. But, I think realistically both the W's and Kings will be in the playoffs by 2012. The Kings are sizing up the the Lakers and actually have a pretty good bench, but they need a star wing to compliment Reke. Melo would be sick and we have the pieces to trade for him, but he wouldn't sign an extension with us so it's pointless.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Kings and Niner fan, so it could be a long winter :L

But I could see the W's greatly improving this year. Is Brandon Wright back yet? I really like this guy and it's to bad he has been injured so much. But, I think realistically both the W's and Kings will be in the playoffs by 2012. The Kings are sizing up the the Lakers and actually have a pretty good bench, but they need a star wing to compliment Reke. Melo would be sick and we have the pieces to trade for him, but he wouldn't sign an extension with us so it's pointless.

Kings are my second team after the Warriors. I like what the Kings have done. Evans and Cousins are going to be impact players for a long time. I don't think it will be a long winter for Kings fans just because you get to watch these two young guys. But even beyond that, I think that both the Kings and Warriors will contend for bottom seed playoff spots this season. Both teams will keep us entertained to the end.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That shot that Monta dropped from the free throw line as the shot clock was winding down was just heaven for me. I'm a Warriors fan, so it doesn't take much to make me feel like I'm in heaven.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are my second team after the Warriors. I like what the Kings have done. Evans and Cousins are going to be impact players for a long time. I don't think it will be a long winter for Kings fans just because you get to watch these two young guys. But even beyond that, I think that both the Kings and Warriors will contend for bottom seed playoff spots this season. Both teams will keep us entertained to the end.

I think the Kings win 35 or so games this year, but more importantly, guys like Greene, Casspi and Thompson mature and realize their full potential because they are all full of it. Greene has the athletecism and guard play to be a poor mans Lebron, Casspi has a lot of Hedo in him and is as tough as nails and Thompson could be the next C-Webb if he just stopped fouling and touched up his post moves. Add them with Tyreke, Cousins and Landry we have a very nice core.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings win 35 or so games this year, but more importantly, guys like Greene, Casspi and Thompson mature and realize their full potential because they are all full of it. Greene has the athletecism and guard play to be a poor mans Lebron, Casspi has a lot of Hedo in him and is as tough as nails and Thompson could be the next C-Webb if he just stopped fouling and touched up his post moves. Add them with Tyreke, Cousins and Landry we have a very nice core.

Maybe I just haven't watch enough of Thompson, but I just don't see him being another C-Webb. C-Webb was real slick and had special skills for a big man.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Because I think the Sharks are going to have a disappointing season. They'll probably make playoffs, but then 1 and done. :(

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Because I think the Sharks are going to have a disappointing season. They'll probably make playoffs, but then 1 and done. :(

Take heart, filo, the Sharks will get it done some day. The Bay Area is on a roll right now. Giants winning, Stanford, the Warriors' start, the Raiders playing out of their minds, and the Niners winning 2 of their last 3. OK, maybe I'm stretching it with the last one. Anyway, the Sharks are a model NHL franchise. Only a matter of time before they cash in on their yearly playoff opportunities.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I just haven't watch enough of Thompson, but I just don't see him being another C-Webb. C-Webb was real slick and had special skills for a big man.

C-Webb may be a stretch, but Thompson has a really good jumper, 20 ft. out and some decent passing skills. He didn't grow until his first year of college I think, so all of his skills grew as a guard. Even now this year, he has been playing a lot of 3. He is starting to find his inner big man, but like most young guys, he rushes things and is very prone to fouling.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W's probably chasing the #8 spot this year, but what an improvement!

The East has taken a lot of spotlight from the West, it's a lot more even now.

For sure West playoff teams: LA, Portland, OKC, SA, Dallas
Probables: Utah, New Orleans
Fighting for 8th: Suns, Ws, Kings, Nuggets, heck even the Clips.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1. I was at the Memphis game and they looked uuuuuugly on defense at times and also with ball handling. These two things can improve, and if everything breaks right for them I see 45 wins.

And a 9th place finish in the West. But I like the direction the team is going.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W's probably chasing the #8 spot this year, but what an improvement!

The East has taken a lot of spotlight from the West, it's a lot more even now.

For sure West playoff teams: LA, Portland, OKC, SA, Dallas
Probables: Utah, New Orleans
Fighting for 8th: Suns, Ws, Kings, Nuggets, heck even the Clips.

You forgot the Rockets.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the Rockets.

Not really.

They look lousy. But you're probably right they will be in the hunt for that 8 seed too.