• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any word on Walker?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had to work today and missed the game. Recorded red zone and watched what I could when I got home. I saw the injury but they never mention what it was or how bad it was. Any update?

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Walker's playoff availability biggest 49ers concern

Tight end Delanie Walker sustained a jaw injury in the first quarter Saturday that places into question his availability for the 49ers' upcoming appearance in the NFC playoffs.

Walker sustained the injury when Seattle Seahawks linebacker Leroy Hill inadvertently kicked him while Walker was on the ground after a cut block on a run play.

Walker's helmet flew off and he remained on the ground for several minutes after the 49ers' medical staff and coach Jim Harbaugh rushed to his assistance. Walker held a towel over the left side of his jaw. He was carted off the field, presumably for X-rays.

The 49ers immediately announced that Walker would not be available to return to the game.

Walker has not caught a pass in the past six games for the 49ers, but he's been a major contributor to the offense as a blocker.

It was not a good first half for the 49ers, who trail the Seahawks 10-3 while trying to hold onto the No. 2 seed in the NFC playoffs ahead of the New Orleans Saints.

Defensive starters Justin Smith (left leg) and Ahmad Brooks (right elbow) left the game due to injuries in the first quarter. Both returned to action in the second quarter. And the 49ers offense has sputtered, with tight end Vernon Davis dropping a couple of passes.

Also, Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch is threatening to end the 49ers' streak of 36 games without allowing a 100-yard rusher. Lynch has 83 yards rushing on 14 carries.

Read more: Walker's playoff availability biggest 49ers concern
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drops everything they throw to him so if all he is good for is blocking he won't be hard to replace.
Nice- another negative post that is inaccurate. Why kick him while he's down after Seattle basically did the same thing?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice- another negative post that is inaccurate. Why kick him while he's down after Seattle basically did the same thing?

What did you expect? He had 75+ turdbombs in ONE THREAD last week....and we WON.

:arg:

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The same article says he hasn't caught a pass in six games. How is my statement inaccurate? I'm not happy he's hurt but these underachievers piss me off. They are getting paid a lot of money and need to perform. He is basically an offensive lineman at this point and can be replaced without much drop off, if any.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker would be missed come playoff time. Do we go and sign a TE or promote a practice squad guy?

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm interested is seeing what Konrad Reuland can do. He had a very good offseason and has been on the practice squad all year.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one from Stanford is on the practice squad and his name is Konrad Reuland. He should be brought up to be the second TE. He did very well this preseason and I was surprised he didn't make 53 man roster. But they put him on the PS so Bruce Miller and Norris could both make the 53. They brought in Peelle after Norris was injured

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The one from Stanford is on the practice squad and his name is Konrad Reuland. He should be brought up to be the second TE. He did very well this preseason and I was surprised he didn't make 53 man roster. But they put him on the PS so Bruce Miller and Norris could both make the 53. They brought in Peelle after Norris was injured

They should be OK then. As I said, it doesn't take much to replace Walker. He's non-productive to the extreme as a receiving threat and those other two can probably provide the same blocking plus catch a pass when thrown to them.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same article says he hasn't caught a pass in six games. How is my statement inaccurate? I'm not happy he's hurt but these underachievers piss me off. They are getting paid a lot of money and need to perform. He is basically an offensive lineman at this point and can be replaced without much drop off, if any.

Has he dropped every pass thrown his way? That's where your statement is inaccurate. Talking shit on a guy that is hurt seems like dick move to me. Am I wrong?

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's more important to the offensive schemes than you think. Remember that controversy a few games ago about the 9ers putting a TE in motion to confound the D and draw them offsides? That was DW. Not to mention his speed and sureness in the blocking scheme.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a big fan of Harbaugh's "need-to-know basis" for updating us on injuries. C'mon man, it's pretty obvious it wasn't a major fraction since he was in and out of the hospital and on the team flight home... but it won't kill you to tell us it's hairline and he'll be out a few weeks and just might play if the 49ers make the Super Bowl...

No need to act like it's a state secret.