• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any word on Unger?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen anything reported yet on his condition.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High ankle sprain/twisted knee is what PC said. Sounds like he'll be back at some point but given plan b at center we're going to be in bad shape until he returns. The run blocking went to shit the second he left the game.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what sort of program the team has set up to keep players in top form both on and off season. Each player should have a nutritionist and a personal trainer available to them in the off season. I don't know what the CBA allows but it would be a good start to have off season training programs set up for players. And those programs need to be set up by professional trainers. Not some so called personal trainer you meet at the local fitness club.

Injuries are a fact of life, but being in top physical condition can greatly reduce them.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not our year.....sad. I believe fully healthy were he best team in the league but with these injuries were hosed

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are bad luck. I don't care how good of shape you are in when 600 lbs of human land on the back of your leg you're finished.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Lynch, I truly believe that a strong case can be made for Unger being the (next) most important player on the offense. The difference between the teams play when he is in the game vs. when he is out is night and day.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we can not afford to lose Unger for any more time. Lets hope he is ok and returns at the very worst next week.

Also this team Needs Wags back in a big way with Mebane out. There is no doubt he is one of the best inside linebackers in the NFL and you really notice a drop off when he isn't out there.

I wanted to add has anyone looked at the film of the routs our WR's run? they are so basic, just flags, posts outs and curls mostly and many are not working off each other ( using two routes together to help separate defenders *NOT PICK PLAYS* )to help create separation. No wonder Tate had a hard time separating and now he is tearing it up. Bevell yep i am looking at you. Get more inventive with your rout trees PLEASE.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we do need Unger. The improvement in the running game the last two weeks proves that. Its also not a coincidence that Sweezy played good the first three quarters and got abused in the 4th quarter. His presence has a trickle down affect. That being said the injury looked at. Doesn't seem like conditioning has anything to do with it. He got his leg rolled on which is bad luck.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be negative but if it is indeed a "High Ankle" sprain, I don't see Unger back for at minimum a few weeks. At worst, the rest of the regular season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not our year.....sad. I believe fully healthy were he best team in the league but with these injuries were hosed

:agree:

If you put up every team in the league at full strength I do think Seattle is at least among the top 3, but injuries aren't the exception every season, they are the rule.

I said all off season "barring injury..." and this is why. Over half of the season opening roster from offense/defense has missed games and when you add the loss of a few key depth guys and the nagging stuff some players are trying to play through, it's just been a bit too much.

Unger? Someone wrote he is likely out for the rest of the regular season and that wouldn't surprise me. If that's true I just don't see how they even make the playoffs. Lynch is held together with duct tape and coat hangers, Kam still hasn't been 100%, Okung is always one play away from the sidelines, and we are down to guys off the street at TE ffs.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Lynch, I truly believe that a strong case can be made for Unger being the (next) most important player on the offense. The difference between the teams play when he is in the game vs. when he is out is night and day.

He's awesome but I think depth at the position has a lot to do with his importance. The fact that we don't have anyone serviceable behind him is absolutely embarrassing.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger can't stay on the dam field... I"m about tired of waiting for this guy to come back every year.... He's made of glass...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger can't stay on the dam field... I"m about tired of waiting for this guy to come back every year.... He's made of glass...

I agree. You can't count on him to stay healthy. To bad Lemuel Jeanpierre ended up injuried also, he filled in really well, last year.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's awesome but I think depth at the position has a lot to do with his importance. The fact that we don't have anyone serviceable behind him is absolutely embarrassing.

Well, Jean-Pierre is a serviceable back up, but he's already on the IR, so we're really working with our 4th center (i think).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say we're goners this year with how well the rest of the NFC is playing. Last year we had lots of injuries on offense but our D was basically 100% healthy with no nagging injuries (some of our guys are playing beat up this year on D - like Kam for quite a few games).

Our O was pretty bad last year with all the injuries going on (like when the entire O Line was out) but the D was so dominant it covered things up. This year the D is just taking too many blows at ALL levels (D-line, LBers and LOB).

I really hope if we do miss the playoffs we spend some picks on the D-Line and replenish the ranks there.... this class is fairly deep on the D-Line and we desperately need help there. Danny Shelton out of Wash would be a good start. He's a monster and leading the NCAA in sacks this year for a DT.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sounds like you expect pro bowlers at #4 on the depth chart.
1)Max
2)Lemuel -IR'd then injury settlement, able to be resigned as of today
3)Schilling IR
4) Patrick Lewis-this is what's left.

Lem was a solid backup. His backup is IR'd.
You are mistaken in thinking the team had NO ONE behind Max.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you expect pro bowlers at #4 on the depth chart.
1)Max
2)Lemuel -IR'd then injury settlement, able to be resigned as of today
3)Schilling IR
4) Patrick Lewis-this is what's left.

Lem was a solid backup. His backup is IR'd.
You are mistaken in thinking the team had NO ONE behind Max.

Good call, forgot about that. They officially resigned him today. That softens the blow ever so slightly. Hopefully he is in decent playing shape.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If jean Pierre is healthy and can play we might not be as bad off as originally thought. I think he is actually pretty good for a backup.