• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any love for the Hawks yet? Let me know...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I had coughed up a storm yesterday with my Whiteside thread, and for that I regret...

The Heat are 2-6 for heaven's sake though. It's still quite baffling that Tristan/Whiteside can generate more discussion on a single message board that the hot start of the Atlanta Hawks.

Mike Budenholzer preaches ball-movement, so there will never be any true stat-pounder on this team, but as I've brought up on my other thread a couple days ago, all the elements of a title-contender are here.

@Hornsstampede2.0 had Atlanta has his sleeper team during the 2014-15 campaign, and he may have been two years too soon.

Knocking off the Cavs may be a different ballgame altogether however, but does anyone here not think they could take Cleveland the distance?

Remember, Dwight Howard has beaten LeBron in the playoffs once before...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I had coughed up a storm yesterday with my Whiteside thread, and for that I regret...

The Heat are 2-6 for heaven's sake though. It's still quite baffling that Tristan/Whiteside can generate more discussion on a single message board that the hot start of the Atlanta Hawks.

Mike Budenholzer preaches ball-movement, so there will never be any true stat-pounder on this team, but as I've brought up on my other thread a couple days ago, all the elements of a title-contender are here.

@Hornsstampede2.0 had Atlanta has his sleeper team during the 2014-15 campaign, and he may have been two years too soon.

Knocking off the Cavs may be a different ballgame altogether however, but does anyone here not think they could take Cleveland the distance?

No they can't take Cleveland 7 games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it will be just be hard to believe until you see it.

Atlanta is 0-8 vs. the Cavs in the playoffs the last 2 years. Obviously Teague and Horford are gone- replaced by a lot more Schroeder and dwight-----

Dwight is playing some great ball- and the Cavs dont have a good option to cover him thats for sure. Tristan can try but Dwight is really really big and athletic. I just dont think Dwight can punish the Cavs offensively like he used to be able to- hes not that guy anymore that can go for 35 and make you double team him to come off the shooters.- i hope not anyway.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be just be hard to believe until you see it.

Atlanta is 0-8 vs. the Cavs in the playoffs the last 2 years. Obviously Teague and Horford are gone- replaced by a lot more Schroeder and dwight-----

Dwight is playing some great ball- and the Cavs dont have a good option to cover him thats for sure. Tristan can try but Dwight is really really big and athletic. I just dont think Dwight can punish the Cavs offensively like he used to be able to- hes not that guy anymore that can go for 35 and make you double team him to come off the shooters.- i hope not anyway.

No Carroll to even attempt to slow Lebron down.

I will never trust a HowArd led Team.

I like Schroeder and Love Milsap.

But, Paul is not a #1.

So, I expect the same end result if they meet in the playoffs.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Carroll to even attempt to slow Lebron down.

I will never trust a HowArd led Team.

I like Schroeder and Love Milsap.

But, Paul is not a #1.

So, I expect the same end result if they meet in the playoffs.

Finally we got some actual analysis in this thread...But I think a happy Howard is going to make a world a difference, as he was never fully satisfied with his role with the Lakers or Houston. I think not having a true #1 could play to their advantage, as teams won't know where the ball is going down the stretch. They do, however, have three borderline all-stars with Schroder, Millsap, and Howard and are rated top 5 on both sides of the ball.

They've beaten Cleveland in Cleveland handly once already this year and I think you're in for a surprise if you're expecting another sweep.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally we got some actual analysis in this thread...But I think a happy Howard is going to make a world a difference, as he was never fully satisfied with his role with the Lakers or Houston. I think not having a true #1 could play to their advantage, as teams won't know where the ball is going down the stretch. They do, however, have three borderline all-stars with Schroder, Millsap, and Howard and are rated top 5 on both sides of the ball.

They've beaten Cleveland in Cleveland handly once already this year and I think you're in for a surprise if you're expecting another sweep.

Maybe not a sweep.

I just don't think they have enough to dethrone them.

Scott,Thabo, Korver, Bazemore, Hardaway and the rookies are not a good enough supporting cast.

Agree about Howard. But, it's still early.

He played nice for awhile in Houston too.

Again, I love me some Milsap.

If Blake decides to leave, I pray to good that Doc goes after Paul.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an update....No love for the Hawks yet

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an update....No love for the Hawks yet

Impeccable timing to make this post - When they lose five in a row. Go figure.

As if the Cavs, Heat, and Lakers have never done that before...:yawning:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impeccable timing to make this post - When they lose five in a row. Go figure.

As if the Cavs, Heat, and Lakers have never done that before...:yawning:

Welp, this post makes absolutely no sense. They have lost 5 in a row which means they aren't good enough to be contenders. So yes, that makes the timing pretty much perfect.

Also, how about you list for us the years in which the Cavs, Heat and Lakers lost 5 in a row when they were championship caliber?

Every team in the history of the league has lost 5 in a row. But how many did it as supposed contenders?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw they got obliterated by the Raptors tonight...From 9-2 to 10-11. I kind of figured it wouldn't be entirely smooth sailing for them in Schroder's first full season as a starter, and especially now that Millsap has missed time. They could struggle for a little while longer, but the good news for them is that there are no surefire contenders in the east beside the Cavs.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, this post makes absolutely no sense. They have lost 5 in a row which means they aren't good enough to be contenders. So yes, that makes the timing pretty much perfect.

Also, how about you list for us the years in which the Cavs, Heat and Lakers lost 5 in a row when they were championship caliber?

Every team in the history of the league has lost 5 in a row. But how many did it as supposed contenders?

Had Atlanta tanked #5 in the east in my season preview before the season started...Don't know if that qualifies as "contender" in your mind. But while we're talking, why don't you go ahead and look up the 2014-15 Cavs as well as the 2012-13 Lakers...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow every cane post ends in a reference to the heat and lakers lol