• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

any legitimate explanation as to why alabama did not have to forfeit games?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha-ha clinton-dix took money and thereby broke ncaa rules and played in games prior to his 2 game suspension. why was he not ruled ineligible for the games he played in prior to the self-reporting suspension?

can teams just pay players and suspend them when the time is convenient? must be nice.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm just trying to understand the logic. he was clearly playing in games after breaking an NCAA rule before serving any kind of punishment. typically this results in forfeiture of games.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha-ha clinton-dix took money and thereby broke ncaa rules and played in games prior to his 2 game suspension. why was he not ruled ineligible for the games he played in prior to the self-reporting suspension?

can teams just pay players and suspend them when the time is convenient? must be nice.

:nod:

apparently, as long as they pay it back

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

three words, S.E.C.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, do we have any other cases where the situation was similar...

IE the university self reported it, the player paid it back, and then sat out a couple games?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this point the only thing heard from anyone is that Dix has been cleared by the NCAA to play again. Nothing else has been said, which could be good or it might be that they are still looking into matters. at any rate, proactive took its course and he served a penalty and the coach is still suspended. what i am curious of is why it matters to the OP? have something at stake in this?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this point the only thing heard from anyone is that Dix has been cleared by the NCAA to play again. Nothing else has been said, which could be good or it might be that they are still looking into matters. at any rate, proactive took its course and he served a penalty and the coach is still suspended. what i am curious of is why it matters to the OP? have something at stake in this?
Not too much because the only forfeit would be the Texas A&M game (that matters in league play anyway) and that doesn't change the ramifications of the Iron Bowl (hypothetically speaking if they were to play which each just having that one loss which is far from assured).

To win the west either team would still have to win the Iron Bowl one way or another. I would say Texas A&M would have more at stake than anyone at this point.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too much because the only forfeit would be the Texas A&M game (that matters in league play anyway) and that doesn't change the ramifications of the Iron Bowl (hypothetically speaking if they were to play which each just having that one loss which is far from assured).

To win the west either team would still have to win the Iron Bowl one way or another. I would say Texas A&M would have more at stake than anyone at this point.

it would also give auburn breathing room to lose a game to tennessee or georgia if alabama dropped one to tennessee or lsu. plus, i just hate alabama. i find the whole thing curious though. clearly broke a rule, clearly participated in games before he was punished.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA really only cares about, if you cooperate with them, if you knew about the violation and still allowed your player to play and DIDN'T report it, and then if it was really a loan.

Basically, what I'm gathering from this is that the university didn't become aware of this loan until a few games into the season, once they learned of it they immediately reported it and started an investigation. They were able to use bank statements and a police report to back up Clinton-Dix story that his car was robbed and he needed the loan, and that he paid the loan back very quickly, before the season even started.

We tried to tell you guys nothing would happen when it first came out, but got argued to death. These two guys made a big mistake, one of them is still paying for it. But the university takes all the right steps involving this type of stuff, and have taken the right steps since we last got in trouble because we don't want to deal with that shit again.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
three words, S.E.C.
I'm not sure which is better ... the fact that we get to break the rules without ramifications, or that SEC domination of college football is so prevalent that it has driven people, like 757Hokie83, to insanity. I have to think on this for a while, because both outcomes are so totally awesome.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA really only cares about, if you cooperate with them, if you knew about the violation and still allowed your player to play and DIDN'T report it, and then if it was really a loan.

Basically, what I'm gathering from this is that the university didn't become aware of this loan until a few games into the season, once they learned of it they immediately reported it and started an investigation. They were able to use bank statements and a police report to back up Clinton-Dix story that his car was robbed and he needed the loan, and that he paid the loan back very quickly, before the season even started.

We tried to tell you guys nothing would happen when it first came out, but got argued to death. These two guys made a big mistake, one of them is still paying for it. But the university takes all the right steps involving this type of stuff, and have taken the right steps since we last got in trouble because we don't want to deal with that shit again.

an employee of the university made the loan. that's a tough sell.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ awwbun needing Bama to forfeit games to have a legit shot. :happy: