• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any Lakers fans want to make an avi bet?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm intrigued as to why so many seem to think they won't even hit 30. Like it was mentioned before, they won 27 last year and that included over 300 games missed due to injury.

Now we have Kobe back who's proved he can easily return to scoring form, we upgraded our head coach, we upgraded our PG (from Kendall Marshall to Jeremy Lin) and we have two new exciting rookies on our team. Do you honestly think we can't improve by 4 games from last year?

I would have probably even taken the bet at 40 games but seeing as you chose 30 I have a lot of confidence in this!

I think some of it is that folks are unsure if Kobe can stay healthy all season.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much that I don't think LA improved, it's just that the West is so damn good. Like I said in another thread if they were in the East they'd probably be a 7 or 8 seed, but I just think they get buried with the tough WC schedule. We'll see.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And anything can happen to other WC teams' stars(see Durant) that can shift balance of power. Or Spurs can suddenly get old with their younger players not able to handle pressure. Gotta keep things in perspective. I mean who knew the Suns would do as well as they did last season. They certainly weren't pegged to be above .500 with their roster...you never know so I won't be counting Lakers out of making the playoffs...homer or not.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much that I don't think LA improved, it's just that the West is so damn good. Like I said in another thread if they were in the East they'd probably be a 7 or 8 seed, but I just think they get buried with the tough WC schedule. We'll see.

A bunch of people offered to take your bet. Which one are you going to bet?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bet us all, and when he lose, we will decide together, what avi he should use.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I'll take em all. So if I win then I get to choose one for all of them to use and if they win then they can choose one for me. The playoffs do drag out for a while so if there are multiple requests I could change it every series or something.

So just to clarify for the future, I said they would not win more than 30 games... meaning they have to win 31 for you guys to get the avatar change from me. Got it LA fans?!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i certainly give you that the west is gonna be a bitch to play in, but 30 wins...?

i'm in...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm intrigued as to why so many seem to think they won't even hit 30. Like it was mentioned before, they won 27 last year and that included over 300 games missed due to injury.

Now we have Kobe back who's proved he can easily return to scoring form, we upgraded our head coach, we upgraded our PG (from Kendall Marshall to Jeremy Lin) and we have two new exciting rookies on our team. Do you honestly think we can't improve by 4 games from last year?

I would have probably even taken the bet at 40 games but seeing as you chose 30 I have a lot of confidence in this!

Well for one, Vegas has it set at 30. They tend to know their shit.

Secondly, is Kobe's health. He can play well but until it happens, you can't possibly be certain he can make it through a season healthy. That has to be a factor. Because without him, this team is straight up garbage. You saw what happened last year without him and the roster overall isn't all that much better, if any. Yeah, the PG is upgraded but that's offset by losing Pau.

And lastly, style of play. If Scott truly does limit the team from shooting 3s, they'll struggle to score points, likely averaging in the low 90s. I highly doubt they'll break the top 20 in total defense, meaning they'll give up over 100 a game. So if you score in the low 90s but give up 100...you do the math.

I still stick by my prediction. Healthy Kobe, 35 wins. But if things go a certain way, I could see it getting very ugly

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've seen 2 games, which unfortunately included seeing your #1 pick break his leg.

Still intrigued?
You thought 40?

I'll say 28 or less, with 28 being a tie.
30 day avi bet?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think a lot of Lakers fans will have a pretty hilarious avatar for the duration of the playoffs...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see their new avatar in May. Something about the Suns gorilla teabagging Kobe with oranges for balls comes to mind...

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'd be willing to make an avi bet with any Laker fan on the Lakers finishing with a bottom 10 offense in efficiency AND one of the 10 worst defenses in efficiency.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody expected our number 1 pick to miss the season, but bet is still on with me.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah. Injuries happen. You already went in on the bet... if you backed out now that would be a bitch move.

You don't have to worry about it, bitch moves is what Suns fans do, not us.