• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any interest in a board fantasy football league?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I never said yes I was gonna play. With that being said if you can't get the number you want and I would make that number then put me down. I really hate cheering for certain players

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were leaning towards $25 not free. Ive been in no money leagues and they are a complete bore. Schmoop, mail me a money order and Ill pay for you if you're worried about your bank.

Jarntt... Ive known you on several boards for a decade. I want you in this league bad. I'll pay your $25 if you jump in. Come on, that's a no lose proposition. DEAL?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were leaning towards $25 not free. Ive been in no money leagues and they are a complete bore. Schmoop, mail me a money order and Ill pay for you if you're worried about your bank.

Jarntt... Ive known you on several boards for a decade. I want you in this league bad. I'll pay your $25 if you jump in. Come on, that's a no lose proposition. DEAL?

You are getting a bit too comfortable on a rivals board. You don't call shots over here. We are leaning towards playing for bragging rights. Most already have money invested in other leagues & others are concerned about compromising their financial information.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1. Nothing to do with the $25, but thanks for the offer. Too many leagues and too many drafts and players to root for in particular games makes the whole thing a big cluster F. I've already turned down a couple of leagues this year because I am happy with what I am in. Nothing more to it than that

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting a bit too comfortable on a rivals board. You don't call shots over here. We are leaning towards playing for bragging rights. Most already have money invested in other leagues & others are concerned about compromising their financial information.
Shut up dude. All I'm saying is no payout leagues get boring quick. It makes it so much more fun. Just cause I like a different team doesn't mean my opinion carries no weight.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up dude. All I'm saying is no payout leagues get boring quick. It makes it so much more fun. Just cause I like a different team doesn't mean my opinion carries no weight.

Hey you passive aggressive troll. How bout you kick rocks and take your money league to the Egirls board.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus I've never trolled and have always been a bigger part of this board than you. I've known several people on here for more than a decade. I came here offering to pay for a really good guys fees to get him in cause he's an old timer too. Just cause I root for the Eagles you jump down my throat. I even offered to help someone else on her that's been through bank fraud. All I'm saying is a little buy in from everyone makes FF leagues waaaaaay more fun. Since they both declined my offer I'll pay your entrance fee. Cool?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I am okay with playing for money, but we need to have at least 9 others who are willing to play for money. If we can't get enough willing to put up $25, then we are playing for bragging rights. When it boils down to it, I'd rather have the regulars from this board playing than not, so if that means no money, so be it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks.

Cool. Maybe you can apologize for being a major prick then. Think of how innocuous my statement was and then think how stupid your post was.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Maybe you can apologize for being a major prick then. Think of how innocuous my statement was and then think how stupid your post was.

Wait for it....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm leaning towards using ESPN for the league platform. Yahoo is an option, but I have had bad experience with Yahoo messing up drafts. What do you guys prefer?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've preferred Yahoo but really it's what ever you prefer. ESPN just seemed a tad more messy and Yahoo's more streamlined. But again, I'm fine with whatever yall want.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it payed or free

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it payed or free

We should vote on this but I vote a STRONG "YES!" for a $25 buy in. If we get 12 people that's $300 raised. $225 to the winner and $75 to 2nd place. Just that small $25 investment makes it 10 times more fun. $25 invested break down to about $1.50 a week in entertainment which is half the price of a cup of Starbucks. That small investment is worth the entertainment value. I said I will pay for people if they are concerned about using there credit card by sending me a money order. I'll do anything I can help to organize this and get things rolling smoothly.

What Ive witnessed over the last dozen years in playing fantasy is when money is involved people stay a lot more interested. For example, when its a no money league people forget to bench players on there "bye week". Other teams might have an injured player and not substitute them because it's only just "bragging rights". The little investment adds up to a nice little payment which coincidentally pays out around the winter Holidays and is always a nice bonus. I really hope we can have a little pay out so people are more invested. It sucks when you're battling for a playoff spot and someone you're trying to catch is playing a team that has a hurt player starting and there QB is on a bye giving your competition a free win.

Lastly, one adjustment we've made to one of my long term leagues is having 6 teams make the playoffs and the top 2 teams getting rewarded with a first round bye. It works out nicely for the top 2 teams while also keeping more people involved with the added playoff spots. I strongly recommend this setting.

To start the voting I say YES to the $25 dollar buy in.

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will play if there is a spot. I am good on the money either way.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say NO to keep those not interested in a money league in. It's not like $25 give a huge payday anyway since most leagues divvy to money up between 2 or three teams at the end.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ruling out playing for money. If we can get 10 people who would put up the funds, then I am all for it. In the absence of that I am okay with playing for free. I am in agreement with PE1, I think a little pot would definitely keep things a little more interesting.

I would probably be in favor of a payout structure of, sssuming a ten team league and $250 pot, Winner collects $175, second place $50, consolation bracket winner $25. That way everyone has something to play for the entire season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ruling out playing for money. If we can get 10 people who would put up the funds, then I am all for it. In the absence of that I am okay with playing for free. I am in agreement with PE1, I think a little pot would definitely keep things a little more interesting.

I would probably be in favor of a payout structure of, sssuming a ten team league and $250 pot, Winner collects $175, second place $50, consolation bracket winner $25. That way everyone has something to play for the entire season.

You don't say..........oh you meant a little cash, gotcha. HAHA JK!

I agree that a something to play for would keep folks engaged, a bit more possibly. That said, I will play regardless of whether it is bragging rights or $ that we are playing for.