• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any board gamers here!

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Axis and Allies back in the day. But that was before 26k modems.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, pen and paper RPGs require a lot of work. Board games just requres one player learning the rules beforehand. Way, way easier.

Depends on what board game you are playing lol. Xcom, Arkham Horror require some work and they don't even hit stride for the longest or toughest board games I've played.

My favorite board game of all time is 7 wonders. It's fun, fastish and there's no one META to it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what board game you are playing lol. Xcom, Arkham Horror require some work and they don't even hit stride for the longest or toughest board games I've played.

My favorite board game of all time is 7 wonders. It's fun, fastish and there's no one META to it.
Pen and Paper RPG experiences vary greatly. You could have a 6 hour game with a group of 4 people and spend 3-4 hours doing almost nothing. If you get a great group and more importantly a great DM then maybe you have a fantastic experience but odds are you won't have many meaningful decisions.

Even a simple board game like Ticket to Ride has you making many meaningful decisions even though its basically just a fancy version of rummy. The ratio of important decisions to 'sitting on ass' is much better in board games than tabletop RPGs. What makes those RPGs great is imagination. If everyone has it then it makes for a good time but I couldn't imagine doing that on a regular basis. Its basically a lifestyle.

I haven't gotten around to playing Xcom, Arkham Horror or 7 Wonders. I actually dont think you can improve on Xcom in a board game format and 7 Wonders looks a bit vanilla to me. The thing I hear about 7 Wonders is that its a game you can play with 3-7 players and it scales well and there is almost no other board game like that.

I also like games with a meta to it. Like sports, I think it makes things more interesting.

TechRaiderRider

Wreck Em!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still have a big stack
of board games
we enjoy playin when the kids
come home from school -
some of our favorites
are Payday, Scrabble, Risk and
qcVJd-1504811285-9627-list_items-carol_eunicebell.gif

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before there were computer games there were these...

740361.jpg

8 Avalon Hill Board Games That Deserve New Life

8 Avalon Hill Board Games That Deserve New Life

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pen and Paper RPG experiences vary greatly. You could have a 6 hour game with a group of 4 people and spend 3-4 hours doing almost nothing. If you get a great group and more importantly a great DM then maybe you have a fantastic experience but odds are you won't have many meaningful decisions.

Even a simple board game like Ticket to Ride has you making many meaningful decisions even though its basically just a fancy version of rummy. The ratio of important decisions to 'sitting on ass' is much better in board games than tabletop RPGs. What makes those RPGs great is imagination. If everyone has it then it makes for a good time but I couldn't imagine doing that on a regular basis. Its basically a lifestyle.

I haven't gotten around to playing Xcom, Arkham Horror or 7 Wonders. I actually dont think you can improve on Xcom in a board game format and 7 Wonders looks a bit vanilla to me. The thing I hear about 7 Wonders is that its a game you can play with 3-7 players and it scales well and there is almost no other board game like that.

I also like games with a meta to it. Like sports, I think it makes things more interesting.

Obviously your DM's sucked swollen blue whale nuts.