• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any Blacksmiths here?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother is only 19 and started piddling around with it a couple years ago, and he's pretty good at it. He's made some knives and pieces for his mule saddles and wagon. He's even sold some decorative pieces(flower pot hangers and the like).

It's pretty cool. He's also a self taught taxidermist.

Wish I would have bothered to learn, but I was always more interested in heavy equipment, woodworking and gambling.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother is only 19 and started piddling around with it a couple years ago, and he's pretty good at it. He's made some knives and pieces for his mule saddles and wagon. He's even sold some decorative pieces(flower pot hangers and the like).

Wish I would have bothered to learn, but I was always more interested in heavy equipment, woodworking and gambling.
Mules, eh? I recently got an old leather driving harness, but it didn't come with the collar. Found a collar at a cowboy thrift store. Been doing some repairs on it and plan to train my Molly to drive this spring.

You can sell the decorative pieces for more than I thought. Mrs Nod is having me make some decorative curtain rod holders and a few other things for the house. It's fun, but I'd rather make blades.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mules, eh? I recently got an old leather driving harness, but it didn't come with the collar. Found a collar at a cowboy thrift store. Been doing some repairs on it and plan to train my Molly to drive this spring.

You can sell the decorative pieces for more than I thought. Mrs Nod is having me make some decorative curtain rod holders and a few other things for the house. It's fun, but I'd rather make blades.

He's got two mules. He goes on wagon trains regularly and rides them most every weekend. I grew up riding horses around Bull and Jake Mountains(near the south end of the Appalachian Trail).

txTIGER1963

ONE TOKE OVER THE LINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 417.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

had a few machinist buddies that worked blacksmith demos in a few places
picked up nice side money making doo dads on request

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need a section on the Hoop to talk about real man shit like wood working, metal working, leather working etc. Hell, they have a section to talk about playing video games for crying out loud. I thought men frequented this place, not little boys.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a section on the Hoop to talk about real man shit like wood working, metal working, leather working etc. Hell, they have a section to talk about playing video games for crying out loud. I thought men frequented this place, not little boys.

It would be cool.

@Edisto_Tiger is a master carpenter and a mod here. Tell him to get on the ball.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got two mules. He goes on wagon trains regularly and rides them most every weekend. I grew up riding horses around Bull and Jake Mountains(near the south end of the Appalachian Trail).
Never been to that part of Georgia. Just south Georgia. That was last summer to stand next to @OldDevilDawg at his wedding. Most of my packing has been in the Rocky Mountains, guiding rich dumbasses on elk and mule deer hunts.
I quit rodeoing 10 years ago and now I still train horses, but not as many as I used to. I'll still do an occasional day ride for money, rounding up cattle but it pays nothing and I can make more doing other things. No one ever got into cowboying for money though.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made note of it and took it to the powers-that-be for discussion.
Thanks. I didn't want to invade the gun board too much, but I figured it was closest to topic. Most blacksmiths would be gun enthusiasts. And many gun enthusiasts would at least have a passing interest in blacksmithing.

But having a separate board for shop-type interests would be fun. I mean there are three separate ones for wrestling, boxing and MMA. Really? Of course men who actually "do", who create with their hands, in real life and not through some online role play thingy, well, we're a dying breed. I'm so glad my son's enjoy coming to dad's shop to tinker around.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16669741-B0C3-42BF-853F-0CC08BC58C3B.jpeg Time to get out and grind.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpg @Nod4Eight need help here. Not used to dealing in horseshoes. He wants 1$ each if I buy them all if not $2 each.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 192669 @Nod4Eight need help here. Not used to dealing in horseshoes. He wants 1$ each if I buy them all if not $2 each.
If you don't have another way to get them, it's not a bad price. I can get about as many as I like for free, so I'd personally pass. What do you plan to do with them? They'll make a blade, but it won't harden properly. They are good for things like welding together a coat/hat rack, etc.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have another way to get them, it's not a bad price. I can get about as many as I like for free, so I'd personally pass. What do you plan to do with them? They'll make a blade, but it won't harden properly. They are good for things like welding together a coat/hat rack, etc.
Ok good to know. Yeah I was going to make a coat/hat rack out of them but I’m sure if I just hit up the stables on base I can find some for free.