• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Pierce on 49ers defense

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run defense - Absolutely! Pass defense - Not even close!

I agree fully.

Opinion question - which situation would the weaker category be worse - when a team has a great run defense where teams basically pass every down, or a team with a great pass defense where teams run all day? Someone on the broadcast said that there's a notion that our pass defense is seen as worse than it is because everyone abandons the run. Obviously, this doesn't make the pass defense the greatest, just a take on perspective.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree fully.

Opinion question - which situation would the weaker category be worse - when a team has a great run defense where teams basically pass every down, or a team with a great pass defense where teams run all day? Someone on the broadcast said that there's a notion that our pass defense is seen as worse than it is because everyone abandons the run. Obviously, this doesn't make the pass defense the greatest, just a take on perspective.

Well i agree that the pass yards against will be high vs our defense because the teams are indeed abandoning/tossing away the run game element against us.

Like is there a site or stat that can show/display the % of pass plays vs us around the league, like where we stand in # of passing plays against us.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree fully.

Opponents could neither run nor pass on the 2000 Ravens which means for them it didn't matter what the strength of their opponent was they had it defended.

As for your question it depends on the difference between the strengths and weaknesses of the two teams playing. GB should have had a very favorable match-up on Sunday with their passing offense vs. our passing defense. However, Fangio & Harbaugh neutralized that match-up with coaching.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As will I... it will be my first trip/visit to SF in general as well as to the Stick....

Seriously, take public transit to the game. If you do plan on driving to the game, work on GETTING to the stadium 2 - to - 2 1/2 hours before kickoff, otherwise you will be :ballchain:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I place any value in what he has to say, but this morning on First Take he said that this 49ers defense is the best he's seen since the 2000 Ravens.

What do you guys think?

If used correctly like it was in Green Bay other than in the 4th quarter when Fangio had a minor brain cramp, It is very formidable. Could be the most dynamic in the league.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As will I... it will be my first trip/visit to SF in general as well as to the Stick....

Hey Calamity, make sure you enjoy every minute of the game because you are absolutely gonna hate getting in and out of there.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, take public transit to the game. If you do plan on driving to the game, work on GETTING to the stadium 2 - to - 2 1/2 hours before kickoff, otherwise you will be :ballchain:

Good heads up on the transit tip, will take notice.

Hey Calamity, make sure you enjoy every minute of the game because you are absolutely gonna hate getting in and out of there.

Good looking out Toby... seems the Stick's rep for traffic is for the worse lol...

I think we'll hot balloon into and out of the stadium :canada: