• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Gates suspended 4 games

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, his production hasn't dropped.
I just went to the NFL Reference site to check his numbers and it's amazing. Outside of his first year (389 yds receiving) and 2012 (538 yds) he has been incredibly consistent. I know that he played through the plantar fasciitis (2012??). I heard that he didn't actually play football at Kent State, but basketball instead, which probably account for his great hands.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went to the NFL Reference site to check his numbers and it's amazing. Outside of his first year (389 yds receiving) and 2012 (538 yds) he has been incredibly consistent. I know that he played through the plantar fasciitis (2012??). I heard that he didn't actually play football at Kent State, but basketball instead, which probably account for his great hands.
He went to MSU, to play football. Then to Eastern Michigan, for basketball. Then to a couple JCs. Then, finally to Kent State, for Bball.

He was one of the best players in the MAC his final year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspended for what? Damn some of these thread starters are idiots.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if this was Gronk?? The outrage would blow the forum up.

That being said I actually do believe him.

Well Gronk is a top-10 player on a team surrounded by controversy who just won the Super Bowl. Of course he would get more attention than a player on a team that didn't make the playoffs and is maybe not even a top-10 player at his own position anymore.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gronk is a top-10 player on a team surrounded by controversy who just won the Super Bowl. Of course he would get more attention than a player on a team that didn't make the playoffs and is maybe not even a top-10 player at his own position anymore.

:lol:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you were serious, spend a minute fact-checking, especially when making bullshit statements about players in your own division.

"maybe not even a top-10 player at his own position anymore" :L

If you were trolling, I'm embarrassed for taking the bait.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were serious, spend a minute fact-checking, especially when making bullshit statements about players in your own division.

If you were trolling, I'm embarrassed for taking the bait.[/QUOTE

Good point Hammer Brady makes Gronk another team be a 10 catch 100 yard guy. If he was say in Denver , hardly know his name

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you were trolling, I'm embarrassed for taking the bait.

Well Gates was 7th in yards for his position in an offense that is meant to feature him. He is another year older and his stats other than touchdowns have actually been on a decline if you look at yards per catch and a few other stats that they usually use to show a player is in decline. So yes I would say he is closer to 10th than he is top-3 at his position anymore. I would probably still have him top-10 at the position but it would be in that 9th or 10th spot. I mean no disrespect to the guy as he has been one of the best TE's to ever play the game and hated going up against him as he always seemed to make big catches against the Broncos. I still think he can have a decent year for the Chargers and they will miss him some for sure because of his connection with Rivers but I do think they have a decent back up that could break out in Green.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do us all a favorite and ban the Chargers organization for good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally... The long awaited breakout season of Ladarius Green is here

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 pretty tough games from what I can see depending if the Vikings are all hype or not. Gates has always been a class act so very surprised to see his name pop up. I don't feel bad for these guys though as they have easy access to top of the line doctors that all they require is a phone call and the name of the product. If I were a pro I would call about everything I was about to take especially if it is not prescribed by a doctor. I'm sure they would find these ones without all the ingredients actually listed to be quite shady and would recommend taking some alternative.

They aren't what I would consider overly tough games, but knowing the Chargers, they all will be...

... psst, don't tell Hammer.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably good for the Chargers all in all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation. How dare people say he is better than I was:

Shannon Sharpe: Antonio Gates “cheated the game”
Posted by Josh Alper on July 7, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptlmn2i2njmwymiymgviyjuzndiyzjuyyzfkntc3n2zi-e1436293514160.jpeg
AP
When Chargers tight end Antonio Gates was suspended four games for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs, he said he “never knowingly ingested” a banned substance and suggested that a supplement with incomplete ingredients triggered the violation.

His longtime teammate Philip Rivers said this week that he believes Gates is being honest and that it was “tough knowing” that Gates’s reputation might take a hit in the wake of the news. Hall of Fame tight end Shannon Sharpe thought that Gates was a “slam dunk” to join him in Canton before last Thursday’s suspension, but he thinks Gates’s whole career is up for reconsideration now.

During an appearance on Sirius XM NFL Radio with Bob Papa and Vic Carucci, Sharpe said that he isn’t buying the latest explanation from a player that they accidentally took a banned substance and that he thinks Gates “cheated the game.”

“It calls into question everything that he’s ever accomplished,” Sharpe said. “If he does it at the beginning of his career because he was an undrafted free agent, people are gonna say he did it to get in the league. Now he did it Year 13, Year 14 — People are going to say he did it to remain in the league. It does, it makes you question everything someone has ever accomplished.”

If Gates were a baseball player, this suspension would likely leave him outside of the Hall alongside Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Mark McGwire and others who were tarred by admitted or suspected PED use. The NFL hasn’t seen Hall of Fame candidates at Gates’s level in the same boat unless you’re making room for Ray Lewis and his deer antler spray.

Voters will weigh the positive test along with the rest of Gates’s career when his name does come up for consideration in the future. The rest of that career hasn’t seen Gates suspended for violating league policies, but that might not matter if Sharpe’s view is shared by a wide audience.