• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anti-Fan

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this definition while looking around the web. Someone here, not sure who, indicated that the 'other' board has quite a few of these creatures .....
Fits about 75% of them. Many have been in rare form today ---

anti-fan

A person who purports to be a fan but who is actually engaged in dissing down, covertly or overtly, the object of a fandom, often for hidden agendas of their own; any fan who approaches their fan subject from the viewpoint of hiding their criticism under a false facade of appreciation; anyone offering veiled criticism as 'friendly' advice; anyone offering unwanted critiques, analysis or opinions which are thinly or poorly-veiled attacks or backstabbing. Anti-fans often purposefully start flame wars. Key style of an anti-fan is to appear reasonable and concerned at all times, often quoting dubious "sources" in their arguments.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this definition while looking around the web. Someone here, not sure who, indicated that the 'other' board has quite a few of these creatures .....
Fits about 75% of them. Many have been in rare form today ---

anti-fan

A person who purports to be a fan but who is actually engaged in dissing down, covertly or overtly, the object of a fandom, often for hidden agendas of their own; any fan who approaches their fan subject from the viewpoint of hiding their criticism under a false facade of appreciation; anyone offering veiled criticism as 'friendly' advice; anyone offering unwanted critiques, analysis or opinions which are thinly or poorly-veiled attacks or backstabbing. Anti-fans often purposefully start flame wars. Key style of an anti-fan is to appear reasonable and concerned at all times, often quoting dubious "sources" in their arguments.

Nail on head. I have some friends that are simlar in that they are afraid to hope for success. On the other board, I'm sure it's either this "anti-fan" mentality or Dodgers/Padres/Rockies fans in sheep's clothing. Either way, it definitely makes this awesome divisional race much less enjoyable.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nail on head. I have some friends that are simlar in that they are afraid to hope for success. On the other board, I'm sure it's either this "anti-fan" mentality or Dodgers/Padres/Rockies fans in sheep's clothing. Either way, it definitely makes this awesome divisional race much less enjoyable.

Fuck all of them filosofy. They all need to get a shovel to scoop the sand out of their vaginas,:eek: (vagina shovel face.) How awesome this season has been is for true fans to enjoy and for bitches like them to be in denial about.