• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Hitchens

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fourth-rounder Anthony Hitchens took "all" the first-team reps at middle linebacker in Thursday's practice, and expects to start Saturday's regular-season dress rehearsal.

It's a strong indication Hitchens will enter Week 1 as Sean Lee's replacement, leaving Rolando McClain on the bench. Justin Durant is manning weak-side linebacker.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having seen him play for his entire college career I will tell you guys you are getting a fucking stud and probably the steal of the draft on D. Just a pure football player and he is NEVER in the wrong spot.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he looked pretty good in one of the pre-season games I watched.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hitchens a lot. He will make some rookie mistakes but he likes to tackle. I just dont think McClain is in shape just yet. I do expect him to take over sometime soon though.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having seen him play for his entire college career I will tell you guys you are getting a fucking stud and probably the steal of the draft on D. Just a pure football player and he is NEVER in the wrong spot.

Love hearing this.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said for the last couple of months how much I was starting to like this pick. On draft day i didn't know much about him and after i started watching some videos and reading about him and hearing about him and finally seeing him I believe that this kid is just a Football player and will contribute for us. I think he may even start somewhere at some point this year because of injuries or if someone faulters. But, this just doesn't make sense. Why would we have moved him outside if there was any plan for him to start the season as our starting MLB in Week 1? There is just too much to learn for a first year player. It's not like Lee just got hurt his week. I am going to guess that the reason we are doing this is because we want Durant to get snaps outside because we still aren't sure what to do with everyone and we want Hitchens to be the backup at multiple spots so he needs to learn the Mike better if McClain won't be ready or isn't in our plans. I don't see Hitchens starting at MLB, but it would be fitting after all the crying that he was a wasted pick 30 seconds after the pick was made...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Durant has thrown a wrench into things. He has supposedly been the best LB so far. Im not sure that was suspected. It seems Carter keeps slipping. Im anxious to watch what they do with Wilber this week. To be getting first team snaps regardless of injuries is very impressive IMO. It makes me ask the question is Carter really about to lose his job??

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Durant has thrown a wrench into things. He has supposedly been the best LB so far. Im not sure that was suspected. It seems Carter keeps slipping. Im anxious to watch what they do with Wilber this week. To be getting first team snaps regardless of injuries is very impressive IMO. It makes me ask the question is Carter really about to lose his job??

so far everything I have read on Wilbur is he is probably gonna start on the strong side

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing he did good this past season was forcing turnovers.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's good..they need someone in the right spot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is done for the year. Holloman may be done forever. So not a lot of options. I'd say they are all going to play some. I think Wilbur is the only one whose role in the base D is kind of set. Durant willl start somewhere and where he starts may be based on McClain's conditioning and ability to make the defensive calls more than his own skill set. My guess if McClain wins the job that it's Durant/McClain/Wilbur. It's clear the team wants McClain to start. If McClain doesn't make it I'm thinking Carter/Durant/Wilbur. I think we will see a lot more of a rotation this year.

Hitchens may play all over. If Smith makes the team he should be a backup on the weak side. After this Holloman injury I think we will be picking up a LB in the next 10 days...may even be a starter if hte right guy gets cut, but I think for sure the hit we took at LB on the depth chart (including if Wilbur moves to DE in the nickel) will need to be replenished.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I mentioned Burnett. Hollemans strength was in coverage as is BUrnetts or at least it was. He is 31 now and was released by the Raiders. Phillips came in yesterday. Haven't heard anything on his workout

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we should be looking at Burnett at this point. Yes, I liked him and yes I thought it was a big mistake to let him go, but that was a long time ago.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need a LB for depth and special teams. I game for anyone to help the team. Damn that sux about HOlleman

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I mentioned Burnett. Hollemans strength was in coverage as is BUrnetts or at least it was. He is 31 now and was released by the Raiders. Phillips came in yesterday. Haven't heard anything on his workout

That would make sense. Not going to happen. I was pisst when jerrah allowed burnett to get away. Just so barbie could play. About as dumb as when he would not pay randal godfrey

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make sense. Not going to happen. I was pisst when jerrah allowed burnett to get away. Just so barbie could play. About as dumb as when he would not pay randal godfrey

The team has been mismanaged for years, from coaching hires, to salary cap hell, stupid contracts, drafts, etc. I'm not saying Jerry has gotten everything wrong. Some recent drafts have finally netted some good players, but overall, can you say they have been managed as well as other teams that make the playoffs consistently?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With cut downs looming, I figure we may hold off signing until we see what gets let go.