• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New season premieres tonight at 9. Thought I'd give a heads up for any fans here because this caught me off guard. I love his shows but I don't recall seeing any advertisements for his new season.
An old fart getting paid to travel around the world eating and drinking. Anyone could do that.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That show just hasn't kept my interest.
It's so much more than food that really doesn't interest me in the least

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy has an easy job.

You do understand that off-script, the guy manages to produce more interesting and more profound commentary than any scripted show with dozens of writers, right?

If you think Bourdain is just some random old guy travelling, I am not sure you have ever seen the show. Parts Unknown is slightly worse than No Reservations, but it is still the best show on television. And Bourdain is the best talent on television not named JJ Watt or Russell Wilson.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that off-script, the guy manages to produce more interesting and more profound commentary than any scripted show with dozens of writers, right?

If you think Bourdain is just some random old guy travelling, I am not sure you have ever seen the show. Parts Unknown is slightly worse than No Reservations, but it is still the best show on television. And Bourdain is the best talent on television not named JJ Watt or Russell Wilson.
I agree 100%. "No reservations" was a better show and the guy is a great writer and commentator.
Ah I just read your last line. I agree 99%.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you over-rate that old buzzard.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. "No reservations" was a better show and the guy is a great writer and commentator.
Ah I just read your last line. I agree 99%.
Probably the most boring show on television in my humble opinion.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went to Iran tonight. Really great episode. One of the best he's done. Considering hardly anyone gets into Iran, I definitely recommend everyone checking it out just to see what its like over there (surprisingly more modern than I expected honestly). It reairs on Thursday at 9pm and Midnight.

Interesting in that one person in the show, thrown in jail shortly after charged with being a spy, and is still in jail.

He's become one of the pawns involved in the nuclear deal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting in that one person in the show, thrown in jail shortly after charged with being a spy, and is still in jail.

He's become one of the pawns involved in the nuclear deal.

Yep. Saw him mentioned in a news story about the White House Correspondents dinner. Been imprisoned for over a year now. They let his wife go