• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

another sunday line up go chen

CamdenFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles do not have the instinct to win ballgames. They have been a ten game over .500 team all year. This lineup seems satisfied with that. Unfortunately, this is not going to get them into the post season.

This team looks like a bunch of losers that are more concerned with their stats than they are winning ballgames. This team gives away games late and doesn't have the heart to compete at the plate. To my mind AJ needs to be replaced as team captain. He seems more interested in looking good and losing than looking bad and winning.

This team is going to finish no better than 86-76 and likely worse than that.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles do not have the instinct to win ballgames. They have been a ten game over .500 team all year. This lineup seems satisfied with that. Unfortunately, this is not going to get them into the post season.

This team looks like a bunch of losers that are more concerned with their stats than they are winning ballgames. This team gives away games late and doesn't have the heart to compete at the plate. To my mind AJ needs to be replaced as team captain. He seems more interested in looking good and losing than looking bad and winning.

Hate to agree....

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never understood why he was voted as captain...He doesn't do the little things to win ballgames...in my mind there is one of 2 people that should be captain and he is the quietest on the team...#21 or #9...whenever things are going bad AJ gets worse...I want someone willing to put the team on his back and carry them when the going gets tough...and with markakis and mcclouth may not have a lot of power but when the going gets tough...they get hits or get on base somehow no matter what...

only 2 guys that get up to the plate with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs that I have confidence in that they will put the ball in play and score knock them in...too many times do i see AJ, davis, weiters and machado strikeout when u have 1 obligation PUT THE BALL IN PLAY...even when a GIDP scores a run...they elect to go up to the plate swing at EVERYTHING as hard as they can and strike out or popup to the infield... fucking cowards...coming down the homestretch and losing home series' to teams that are under .500 and giving away home games to a team that is 35 below .500...horrendous brand of baseball that i have seen since the all-star break...even the games they r winning they look awful, and if they arent ashamed, I am ashamed for them

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think I agree with you on Jones too. They probably voted him team captain in order to appease him and his ego. After all, I think most can agree that he is probably the squeakiest wheel in the clubhouse. I'm also not fully convinced that winning is his number one objective. I know that I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but after he struck out in I think, the 8th inning, on a horrible pitch down and away, the camera showed him walking back to the dugout with a grin on his face. You would have thought that he had hit a home run from that expression. I felt like throwing a brick at my TV screen.

Oh, well. They signed him to all that money last year, and I guess as long as he's getting that money, nothing else matters. Of course, then again, he could be Glenn Davis.....

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a reason teams win the world series the year after they fire buck . he is to loyal to vets .

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and their PC comments on the game make me sick as well...Oh they were playing well and hitting well...NO BUCK THEY WERE 51-59...IF U WANT TO BE PLAYING THE LAST SERIES OF THE YEAR U HAVE TO BEAT THESE TEAMS

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a reason teams win the world series the year after they fire buck . he is to loyal to vets .

Dont see any vets on the team except markakis and hardy...nobody else should be considered a vet...other than pitching

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont see any vets on the team except markakis and hardy...nobody else should be considered a vet...other than pitching
brob is a vet , feldman , hammel . tell me that brob plays better than ryan or schoop . alexi is nothing

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems some of them are taking for granted there's 50 games left, then when its down to 15 they'll act like it's urgent.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even consider Roberts on the team anymore...when he played he seems he is just stealing Arvada from flaherty, Flaherty was playing well...defensively and offensively, Roberts has never helped us winit seems whenever he is playing were losing...

Elginbaylor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of the 6 home runs(50%) Chen has given up this year have come on his last or next-to-last batter. All 3 were multi-run homers on inside fastballs on the 106th or 107th pitch mark. All 3 cost us the game. This is in just 13 starts.

But don't worry, in Buck We Trust. Buck is a genius, and he knows his pitchers better than any of us.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chen hits the wall at 100 pitches. We have all witnessed that this season. Apparently Buck has not and its costing us valuable games. If we don't make the playoff's, which it appears we are fading fast, we can lay direct blame on Buck imo.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chen hits the wall at 100 pitches. We have all witnessed that this season. Apparently Buck has not and its costing us valuable games. If we don't make the playoff's, which it appears we are fading fast, we can lay direct blame on Buck imo.

Thats stretching it...

it can be blamed on the coaches but not solely on buck...pressley and adair have to be accountable...the approach at the plate has been awful ALL YEAR...even when we were scoring a bunch of runs the approach is terrible...that lies on pressely...for a time to being more patient if they swing before they have a strike, they should be fined...because these clowns get themselves out more than any team ive ever seen on a 2-0 or 3-0 count and that has to change.

for adair, something just isnt there...I like how they have all adopted a change-up, i feel there is a mix-up between weiters, adair, and the scouting report...weiters,while a very good defensive catcher, calls a terrible game in my opinion and doesnt present a good target for the ump to see... some say wieters calls a great game and i beg to differ, I think he speeds the opponents bat up too often by going offspeed when the opponent hasnt caught up to the fastball...I also think he calls breaking stuff too early in the game and thinks he needs to throw every pitch in the pitchers arsenal to every hitter (an opposing hitter shouldnt see a curveball or a slider until the 2nd time in the order)

and the players need to be held more accountable...this past weekend was some of the ugliest baseball ive seen since trembley was the coach...getting 2 hits off somebody with a 8+ ERA is inexcusable...just because the pitcher isnt good doesnt mean u dont put in the work...this weekend there was no life, fire, or love of the game...if there was any love I wouldnt see a smile on any of their faces when they had to scrap and claw to beat an astros team who is 35 games under .500 or a seattle team that is 9 games under.500. and when there was a total of 3, 1-2-3 innings in the whole series against seattle...and wasnt many more against Houston...one of those players only meetings may be in order but AJ isnt a leader and only cares about himself...and would have been happy to save his contract number for a chris davis or a #1 pitcher

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really have an issue leaving him in because his count wasn't through the roof, but he has an issue finishing people off in the 8th inning. He could've wasted another pitch or two to Blanco. He still had good velocity, its not like it was 120 pitches, he just serves up HR balls at the wrong time.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really have an issue leaving him in because his count wasn't through the roof, but he has an issue finishing people off in the 8th inning. He could've wasted another pitch or two to Blanco. He still had good velocity, its not like it was 120 pitches, he just serves up HR balls at the wrong time.

It should also be noted that the 8/4 game would be the fifth consecutive quality start for Chen. I don't think anyone else in our rotation has managed that. Sure, one could make a good case for pulling Chen earlier rather than giving up 1-2 extra runs by taking the risk of leaving him in for more than 6 innings... but most of the blame still has to go to the offense when your team loses despite giving up only ~3 runs.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should also be noted that the 8/4 game would be the fifth consecutive quality start for Chen. I don't think anyone else in our rotation has managed that. Sure, one could make a good case for pulling Chen earlier rather than giving up 1-2 extra runs by taking the risk of leaving him in for more than 6 innings... but most of the blame still has to go to the offense when your team loses despite giving up only ~3 runs.

Right, but it also goes both ways, if the offense can only muster 2 runs, then sometimes the pitcher has to finish the job by getting through the last inning, especially after the pickoff and facing the 8/9 hitters. You can't walk the .188 hitter and serve up a gopherball to a .200 hitter, it's just washing away everything else he did. And I also believe it deflates the team a little, although they sucked for the most part recently. It's like being in bed with Cindy Crawford and right at the end you just can't..well you get the point.:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats stretching it...

it can be blamed on the coaches but not solely on buck...pressley and adair have to be accountable...the approach at the plate has been awful ALL YEAR...even when we were scoring a bunch of runs the approach is terrible...that lies on pressely...for a time to being more patient if they swing before they have a strike, they should be fined...because these clowns get themselves out more than any team ive ever seen on a 2-0 or 3-0 count and that has to change.

for adair, something just isnt there...I like how they have all adopted a change-up, i feel there is a mix-up between weiters, adair, and the scouting report...weiters,while a very good defensive catcher, calls a terrible game in my opinion and doesnt present a good target for the ump to see... some say wieters calls a great game and i beg to differ, I think he speeds the opponents bat up too often by going offspeed when the opponent hasnt caught up to the fastball...I also think he calls breaking stuff too early in the game and thinks he needs to throw every pitch in the pitchers arsenal to every hitter (an opposing hitter shouldnt see a curveball or a slider until the 2nd time in the order)

and the players need to be held more accountable...this past weekend was some of the ugliest baseball ive seen since trembley was the coach...getting 2 hits off somebody with a 8+ ERA is inexcusable...just because the pitcher isnt good doesnt mean u dont put in the work...this weekend there was no life, fire, or love of the game...if there was any love I wouldnt see a smile on any of their faces when they had to scrap and claw to beat an astros team who is 35 games under .500 or a seattle team that is 9 games under.500. and when there was a total of 3, 1-2-3 innings in the whole series against seattle...and wasnt many more against Houston...one of those players only meetings may be in order but AJ isnt a leader and only cares about himself...and would have been happy to save his contract number for a chris davis or a #1 pitcher

I'm not just pointing out this game, I'm talking about Buck pulling the "strings" all year and has cost us games now adding up on two hands. Let's face it, ultimately he shoulders the blame for all things (losses). When you send out a lineup that consist of Teagarden, Valencia, Pearce & Casilla, your asking to be beat. Albeit, the front office did him no favors in say, picking up a real DH in Morse or Ibanez, both of which you could have had for minimal trade off. And both players contributed to kicking our butts this weekend which was sick to watch. We have won with no consistency this year. Our longest win streak is what, 5 games. Buck refuses to play small ball in close ball games and the only consistency he has shown all year is leaving SP in too long. I'm just very frustrated because our window of opportunity for this season is closing and a simple and correct move or two could have provided this current team with the much needed spark. And your right, where is the energy, love, life in this team??? :gaah:

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but it also goes both ways, if the offense can only muster 2 runs, then sometimes the pitcher has to finish the job by getting through the last inning, especially after the pickoff and facing the 8/9 hitters. You can't walk the .188 hitter and serve up a gopherball to a .200 hitter, it's just washing away everything else he did. And I also believe it deflates the team a little, although they sucked for the most part recently. It's like being in bed with Cindy Crawford and right at the end you just can't..well you get the point.:whistle:

we've been doing this all yr...7-8-9 guys in the order and/or guys hitting below .200...walking them all the time...hitters like ishikawa and saunders kill us...not the big boys...its like we focus on the top guys in the order and their scouting report instead of going 1-9

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've been doing this all yr...7-8-9 guys in the order and/or guys hitting below .200...walking them all the time...hitters like ishikawa and saunders kill us...not the big boys...its like we focus on the top guys in the order and their scouting report instead of going 1-9

It's like that final strike they get a mental block with, "well, I guess I'll just put it over and see what happens". Of course he's going to be swinging for the fences in that situation. Waste one more pitch high or away and maybe he'll chase. Unreal.