• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Flex Game?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announced recently that the Broncos vs. Chiefs game at Arrowhead will also be flexed to the afternoon time slot and could even move to the night game again. This is crazy! Why doesn't the NFL just give America what it wants and have the Broncos play in prime time every week. I'm okay with that! Go Broncos!

MH64

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announced recently that the Broncos vs. Chiefs game at Arrowhead will also be flexed to the afternoon time slot and could even move to the night game again. This is crazy! Why doesn't the NFL just give America what it wants and have the Broncos play in prime time every week. I'm okay with that! Go Broncos!

MH64

That would be awesome if they flexed the Broncos to SNF for that game. That would be 3 weeks in a row!

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that CBS will fight that pretty hard. I doubt they will want to lose another "game of the week" Nationally televised AFC game. I don't think the NFL will have the Broncos play three prime time Sunday night games in a row. It doesn't surprise me at all that they moved it to the afternoon slot and I'll bet that's where it stays. Good catch MH64.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to "the fan" radio today when they mentioned the change. They also said something about the Bronco's have already been given the maximum number of prime time games for a season. They said that was the reason the game wasnt flexed to the night game, but that the new time slot was also a national broadcast, just not prime time.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to "the fan" radio today when they mentioned the change. They also said something about the Bronco's have already been given the maximum number of prime time games for a season. They said that was the reason the game wasnt flexed to the night game, but that the new time slot was also a national broadcast, just not prime time.

Well, hopefully the ass-whoopin' the Broncos put on the Chiefs in Denver is so severe that nobody is even interested in seeing the rematch in Kansas City anyway!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hopefully the ass-whoopin' the Broncos put on the Chiefs in Denver is so severe that nobody is even interested in seeing the rematch in Kansas City anyway!

:10::agree:

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol.................... I'm with you man. I also noticed a story, cant remember if it was the KC Star, they were already spinning that possibility as a no show as well. Saying that even if the Bronco's trash them both games that they cant possibly beat them a third time in the playoffs. Apparently nothing will shut them up until their team is sitting at home watching the end of the playoffs.

This all reminds me of 1997, I lived just outside of KC at the time. I had just started watching football that year and of course being from Colorado I was a Bronco fan. Chief fans were absolutely rabid about how they would just kill the Bronco's every time they meet. We all know how that worked out......He who laughs last I reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I`ve been seeing is Denver vs KC game starting at 8:35 est. Even on ESPN.com it shows 8:30 pm

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.................... I'm with you man. I also noticed a story, cant remember if it was the KC Star, they were already spinning that possibility as a no show as well. Saying that even if the Bronco's trash them both games that they cant possibly beat them a third time in the playoffs. Apparently nothing will shut them up until their team is sitting at home watching the end of the playoffs.

This all reminds me of 1997, I lived just outside of KC at the time. I had just started watching football that year and of course being from Colorado I was a Bronco fan. Chief fans were absolutely rabid about how they would just kill the Bronco's every time they meet. We all know how that worked out......He who laughs last I reckon.

I have a feeling that if the Broncos "trash" the Chiefs in both regular season games, they won't survive in the playoffs long enough to play the Broncos a third time.....

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I`ve been seeing is Denver vs KC game starting at 8:35 est. Even on ESPN.com it shows 8:30 pm

Yes, the week 11 match up in Denver is the Sunday night game at 8:35 EST. I was referring to the week 13 game in KC. It has been moved to the late afternoon slot.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember that game well. My wife and I took a rodie to KC for that game. The morning of the game the front page of the KC newspaper had a full page picture of Elway and his exploits V the Chef's. I thought that was odd but the people in KC were scared chitless of Elway. The bar we went to was in our hotel (The Holiday Inn) next to the stadium. When the Chefs lost to the Colts in the playoffs a few years before that game, KC fans thought Indy fans skulls were trash cans and tried to deposit beer bottles into said trash cans. Their solution, Styrofoam cups. Yuk! I sat next to a older KC fan who very much reminded me of my mother and she took one look at my Elway jersey and said, "don't even try to talk to me". While the old Mile High was loud Arrowhead was the loudest place I've ever been. I tried to scream a couple of things in my wife's ear but she couldn't hear me, we had to wait until a TV timeout. Fun times.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the week 11 match up in Denver is the Sunday night game at 8:35 EST. I was referring to the week 13 game in KC. It has been moved to the late afternoon slot.
Oh Gottcha. My bad :):L