• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Lee traded to Browns

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. Anyone who looked at the team's salary cap situation before the end of last season new the team couldn't resign everyone, especially with the amount of money being thrown at them. Did we really expect the 49ers to try and match AZ's offer for Iupati when he can't pass block worth a damn. Would like to have seen Gore back but for what Indy paid him when Hyde is sitting on the bench? Crabtree wasn't coming back regardless with how bad he looked last year.

Exactly, I would have been ok with all of them coming back at the right price, except Crabtree, who has been on my FUCK OFF list since he called himself a 3rd down WR all because he was butthurt that he was not producing and was riding pine because of it. Iupati was NOT coming back at 8 mil per. Cox has been in the background for so long but I don't blame him for collecting a payday given his production once given the chance. Culliver was ok but not worth what HE thought he was worth. Gore is the only FA that hurt and that was more based on him being my favorite Niner moreso then his production. In a vacuum, Hyde showed flashes of being the type of runner that we need if we are re-establishing the run.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What work environment? This is precisely the reason this thought process is bullshit. They have had exactly, what, two weeks of OTAs? As in optional. Jimmy T hasn't even had ONE mandatory practice and yet players don't like how things are being run? GTFOH. This team is the perfect storm of fuckary with just enough random shit happening to think that it HAS to be linked. But really. Who DIDN'T see Crab, Cox, Culliver, and Iupati leaving via FA? Who, after trading for Stevie Johnson and drafting Brandon Thomas and every CB available from the 4th round on last year truly looked at our impending FAs and said, "yup, we are re-signing everyone"? Outside of Willis and Borland retiring (and later AD), nothing about our offseason was shocking...not even the coaching search given the amount of shade thrown Harbaugh's way during the season.

Jimmy T was LOVED by the defensive guys. So Borland, Willis, and Justin Smith, all of whom have sung Tomsula's praises, weren't going anywhere based on who the coach was. Their respective decisions were made for their own reasons, but there is ZERO evidence to show that Fuck-face Jed or Jimmy T were the reasons why.

I think the thinking on the "work environment" by the OP would be a top directed company run by those who think they know football, but don't. The handling of the Harbaugh firing was a train wreck, a dumpster fire. They hired a "yes" man as the coach who has no power. After a myriad of OCs and DCs refused to work for him, I think he has a reasonable point. I think the poster was talking about players who see the writing on the wall and want to get out like Davis, Iupati, Gore, Crabtree, J Smith, Willis, Borland, Culliver and the other Corner, who I can't remember his name; came from Denver.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thinking on the "work environment" by the OP would be a top directed company run by those who think they know football, but don't. The handling of the Harbaugh firing was a train wreck, a dumpster fire. They hired a "yes" man as the coach who has no power. After a myriad of OCs and DCs refused to work for him, I think he has a reasonable point. I think the poster was talking about players who see the writing on the wall and want to get out like Davis, Iupati, Gore, Crabtree, J Smith, Willis, Borland, Culliver and the other Corner, who I can't remember his name; came from Denver.

The problem is right here with this statement. People who don't follow the team just lump all these players together and make a knee jerk response. Tomsula was not my choice as HC, but all this crap about Tomsula being a yes man are people talking out of their asses. Without having to rehash all of this specifically again, four of those players left because the 49ers weren't willing to pay those players what other teams offered. Borland at his age doesn't just quit football entirely over the FO. The 49ers didn't want crabtree back, unless for peanuts.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is right here with this statement. People who don't follow the team just lump all these players together and make a knee jerk response. Tomsula was not my choice as HC, but all this crap about Tomsula being a yes man are people talking out of their asses. Without having to rehash all of this specifically again, four of those players left because the 49ers weren't willing to pay those players what other teams offered. Borland at his age doesn't just quit football entirely over the FO. The 49ers didn't want crabtree back, unless for peanuts.
Agreed. But the OP's point was an interesting one.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But the OP's point was an interesting one.

Not really, no it wasn't. It was a rather uninformed, knee-jerk emotional reaction from someone who is writing their own narrative void of logic and reason.

Harbaugh? Shit Show

Hiring of Jimmy T? Time will tell, but he is highly thought of in the NFL, according to reports.

Willis? Injuries...what are you going to do? His passion is next level and he LOVED Tomsula.

Borland? Bitch move on his part, knowing full well he was going to play only 1 yr.

Justin Smith? What we've all been waiting for since 2013. Biggest advocate for Jimmy T.

A Davis? Idk here, but taking a year off after getting your bell rung sounds more medical then FO.

Iupati? For 8 mil, thanks but no thanks.

Gore? My heart says sign him, my head says move on.

Crabtree? No thanks.

Culliver and Cox? Both chasing paychecks, both knowing this is their chance to cash in.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, no it wasn't. It was a rather uninformed, knee-jerk emotional reaction from someone who is writing their own narrative void of logic and reason.

Harbaugh? Shit Show

Hiring of Jimmy T? Time will tell, but he is highly thought of in the NFL, according to reports.

Willis? Injuries...what are you going to do? His passion is next level and he LOVED Tomsula.

Borland? Bitch move on his part, knowing full well he was going to play only 1 yr.

Justin Smith? What we've all been waiting for since 2013. Biggest advocate for Jimmy T.

A Davis? Idk here, but taking a year off after getting your bell rung sounds more medical then FO.

Iupati? For 8 mil, thanks but no thanks.

Gore? My heart says sign him, my head says move on.

Crabtree? No thanks.

Culliver and Cox? Both chasing paychecks, both knowing this is their chance to cash in.
Time will tell. I don't like Kaepernick's chances with no weapons and no offensive linemen; not to mention a defense that has been decimated not only of talent but of critical leadership as well.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell. I don't like Kaepernick's chances with no weapons and no offensive linemen; not to mention a defense that has been decimated not only of talent but of critical leadership as well.

No weapons? Torrey Smith is a GOOD WR. Boldin has been nothing if not consistent since he has been a 49er.

Vernon Davis had the worst year of his career. Do you think that will likely happen again? I'm guessing no. Reggie Bush is a proven offensive weapon, whether you like his style of play or not.

The rest are young, talented guys that need PT to prove themselves. Hyde looked GOOD last season and runs like a bowling ball of knives. Ellington is explosive and Patton, in limited PT, has shown to be a clutch performer. Hunter, when healthy, is a force. Jerome Simpson is talented but somewhat unproven.

If we are sliding Boone to RT, then I bet our OL is better then what you perceive them to be. The players filling in don't lack in talent, just experience.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Torrey Smith is the best Deep Threat the team has had in years. Feel a bit better at offensive weapons this year compared to last. Lost leadership in defense, hopefully got some back with Bowman. Concerned about corner position, especially if Tramaine Brock's injury issues linger. I really like the rookies they drafted and have shown promise, but they haven't played a down of football yet. Also concerned about Reid's concussions. Really don't want to lose him.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrey Smith is the best Deep Threat the team has had in years. Feel a bit better at offensive weapons this year compared to last. Lost leadership in defense, hopefully got some back with Bowman. Concerned about corner position, especially if Tramaine Brock's injury issues linger. I really like the rookies they drafted and have shown promise, but they haven't played a down of football yet. Also concerned about Reid's concussions. Really don't want to lose him.

I actually think that Baalke sees Tartt to be a utility S to cover both SS and FS, at least based on reports on where he was lining up during OTAs.