• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Bynum Considering Retirement

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still stand behind Clevelands decision to bring him in, they have to do something, anything they can to get stars in there.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still stand behind Clevelands decision to bring him in, they have to do something, anything they can to get stars in there.

Bynum ain't no star, he has not played a full 82 games season in 7 years...his just a big dumbo that has no heart & passion for the game like they great players.

All he cares about is his cars & getting speeding tickets when ever he can....NO BRAINS! :doh:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what his career might have looked like with the Lakers but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be calling it quits in 2013.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what his career might have looked like with the Lakers but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be calling it quits in 2013.

So you are saying his knees wouldn't have broken down? Or what?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum only cares about the money. He never enjoyed the game. He never appreciated the fact the he could be a dominant player if he wanted to be. What a waste. I hope he's broke in the future.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pure speculation on my part, but I believe that there are a couple of things at play here. First of all, there is the injuries themselves. I'm sure that it's discouraging for him to be constantly battling these injuries. Just when he seemed to be hitting his stride as an NBA player, he gets the first injury and it's pretty much been a constant battle ever since.

Also, just my own observations over his time with the Lakers, I'm not sure that he has the "love for the game" that some players have. Everybody isn't Kobe and willing and able to be held together with spit and duct tape while fighting through injuries. That takes an almost maniacal desire to play. While I wouldn't expect that from any other player, Bynum just always seemed like a guy who didn't feel like he "needs" basketball. From a mental/emotional perspective, that's probably a better approach than Kobe's and some others, but it also makes it easier for him to walk away from the game than it would be for most other players.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying his knees wouldn't have broken down? Or what?

No, I'm saying it probably would have been at a slowed down pace. Tojanfan touched on Bynum "love for the game" (or lack there of) and I think his effort was night and day when you compare his effort for the Lakers to that of the 76ers. Didn't Bynum's first injury for the 76ers occur while he was bowling? I mean bowling?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring Cleveland a fucking championship then you can retire, you big fuck

If anyone can reverse the Cleveland sports curse, it sure as hell ain't gonna be Andrew Bynum. It's all on Lord Kyrie Irving.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone can reverse the Cleveland sports curse, it sure as hell ain't gonna be Andrew Bynum. It's all on Lord Kyrie Irving.

Because as we all know it only takes 1 player and never a GM or owner making the right moves :doh:

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because as we all know it only takes 1 player and never a GM or owner making the right moves :doh:

Here we go again. Dan Gilbert and Chris grant have been making nothing but the right moves since they came together. Do some homework. They've gotten the best out of FA, the drafts and managing salary cap. It's just the "in thing to do" for people to rag on Dan Gilbert but these same people know little to nothing..

Last edited by a moderator:

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again. Dan Gilbert and Chris grant have been making nothing but the right moves since they came together. Do some homework. They've gotten the best out of FA, the drafts and managing salary cap. It's just the "in thing to do" for people to rag on Dan Gilbert but these same people know little to nothing..

Picking up Andrew "No Knees" Bynum in FA and drafting a flat out SCRUB with the #1 pick is what the people of Cleaveland consider to be "nothing but the right moves" these days?

I guess when you have no expectations the lowest common denominator seems to be a good thing.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum has a chance to be an all-star... ...THIS season. Word.