• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anderson Silva to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited for this fight if it's true.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to DC for taking the fight even with it being non title. There's literally no way to prepare being on such short notice. Then again, that payday is probably too hard to turn down

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cormier will never see this kind of pay day and he wants to get paid for all his time promoting this thing with Jones,

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silva ain't what he used to be, but gotta give the guy props to take fight on such short notice.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for DC that he still gets to fight on the card. He went through a lot with his training and it's not his fault Jones tested positive. Silva has some similarities to Jones. He is a tall striker with good reach. He isn't as good of a wrestler as Jones. It's a good matchup for DC but Silva is never an easy matchup with his dangerous striking and submission skills.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for DC that he still gets to fight on the card. He went through a lot with his training and it's not his fault Jones tested positive. Silva has some similarities to Jones. He is a tall striker with good reach. He isn't as good of a wrestler as Jones. It's a good matchup for DC but Silva is never an easy matchup with his dangerous striking and submission skills.
Have you seen him fight recently? Not the same fighter.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen him fight recently? Not the same fighter.

I think Anderson Silva loses to DC. That said he went the distance against Bisping so there is still some fight left in him.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Anderson Silva loses to DC. That said he went the distance against Bisping so there is still some fight left in him.

He beat Bisping, regardless of what the dipshits scoring the fight said.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silva use to mock his opponents and toy with them in the ring because he was THAT much better, now he uses it to try and get opponents to make a mistake (something a smart fighter won't do) because he is not in nearly the fighting shape he needs to be. DC's wrestling will make this a slow drawn out fight and get DC the win.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat Bisping, regardless of what the dipshits scoring the fight said.
In what world did he win that fight? Dancing around, toying with an opponent and throwing punches in one round is not a winning effort. Not to mention his cheap KO with the mouthpiece after the bell rang. Should have been DQ'ed.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they found someone for Cormier to fight but looking at Silva's last 4 fights he's not the same fighter. This probably won't be that good of a fight. But like I said I'm happy it's on the card.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silva use to mock his opponents and toy with them in the ring because he was THAT much better, now he uses it to try and get opponents to make a mistake (something a smart fighter won't do) because he is not in nearly the fighting shape he needs to be. DC's wrestling will make this a slow drawn out fight and get DC the win.

I think DC's wrestling will be a big factor. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes the fight. DC has been to 6 decisions in his 18 fight career. He will have 5 rounds to finish the fight.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they found someone for Cormier to fight but looking at Silva's last 4 fights he's not the same fighter. This probably won't be that good of a fight. But like I said I'm happy it's on the card.
Agreed, I just wanted to see DC on the card, this is similar to an Iceman fight when he was out of his prime and grasping at straws to keep his career alive.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DC's wrestling will be a big factor. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes the fight. DC has been to 6 decisions in his 18 fight career. He will have 5 rounds to finish the fight.
I expect DC to finish, just think it will be a process of slowly wearing him down.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what world did he win that fight? Dancing around, toying with an opponent and throwing punches in one round is not a winning effort. Not to mention his cheap KO with the mouthpiece after the bell rang. Should have been DQ'ed.

That's what Silva has done his entire career. Bisping landed more, Silva landed far more accurately and with more damage. I had Silva winning three rounds to two (with round three arguably a 2 pointer), but it should have been a walkoff KO. The knee was well before the bell (Silva was actually walking away, thinking the fight was over, when the bell went off) and Bisping was legitimately out. There was nothing cheap about it. The ref is the only person that can stop the action to return a mouthpiece, which Herb Dean never did. "Protect yourself at all times." It's in the damn pre-fight instructions!

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not the same fighter, but still capable of ending a fight at any moment. That said, really wonder what his conditioning will look like on such short notice, against a guy like DC, that was prepared to go five against Jon Jones.