• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC 200: CORMIER VS. JONES 2 FIGHT CARD

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit calling your sister on stage and making it awkward. No one cares.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... This main card sucked.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The women's fight was somewhat predictable. There was tons of talk that Tate hadn't been taking her camp as seriously as she should. She's been too caught up in the celebrity train since beating Holm.

Overall, it was a bit of a downer of a show given the huge hype it had but still ok compared to your "normal" shows.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the best Aldo has looked in quite a while. Physically and in the fight itself. He became so complacent in his "invincibility," that he needed to be knocked back to reality. Him largely abandoning kicks is one of the more mystifying things in UFC though. It's not like he has to worry about getting taken down.

Cain was Cain. Good to see, even if the fight wasn't very competitive.

DC fought a smart, if horribly boring fight. He wouldn't have lasted three rounds standing. Not sure he would have lasted one. Too bad that fight was on such short notice. Silva could barely get up.

Lesner-Hunt was even worse than anticipated.

Tate seems to need to get rocked to get going, but Nunes never let up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the best Aldo has looked in quite a while. Physically and in the fight itself. He became so complacent in his "invincibility," that he needed to be knocked back to reality. Him largely abandoning kicks is one of the more mystifying things in UFC though. It's not like he has to worry about getting taken down.

Cain was Cain. Good to see, even if the fight wasn't very competitive.

DC fought a smart, if horribly boring fight. He wouldn't have lasted three rounds standing. Not sure he would have lasted one. Too bad that fight was on such short notice. Silva could barely get up.

Lesner-Hunt was even worse than anticipated.

Tate seems to need to get rocked to get going, but Nunes never let up.

I understand why DC fought the way he did, it was the smart move, but it doesn't bode well for his reign imo if he seriously believes he couldn't last 3 rounds standing with a washed up Spider. I'm not saying he should have spent the whole time striking with Spider and playing to his strengths, just that I wish Cormier would have at least put himself out there a tiny bit. There's no way DC's striking game could be that bad.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible for the women's division. They need someone other than Rousey that can successfully defend a title at least once

Cyborg could carry them but no chance of getting her weight down to 135. Will have to settle for catchweight fights.

Lesnar may be the most athletic heavyweight in any sport ever. Aldo's loss to Connor was a fluke, he is the best in that class by a lot. Cain looked like Cain. Spider is barely a lightheavyweight and getting old so I was not expecting too much especially taking the fight on such short notice.

Last edited:

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why DC fought the way he did, it was the smart move, but it doesn't bode well for his reign imo if he seriously believes he couldn't last 3 rounds standing with a washed up Spider. I'm not saying he should have spent the whole time striking with Spider and playing to his strengths, just that I wish Cormier would have at least put himself out there a tiny bit. There's no way DC's striking game could be that bad.

Silva may be past his prime, but he's not washed up, and he can still end a fight with anyone at any time. Also, as was revealed once again, DC has a major weakness in his standup.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about a guy that voluntarily puts down his fists and still avoids punches. No point in risking getting knocked out by Spider. DC took the fight on short notice, would consider him stupid to fight any other way. If he stands up and gets knocked out people are hating on him, if he wins on the ground he still gets hate. He was in a no win scenario, he did what he needed to do.