• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And what for Adam Eaton?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you that drafted before his injury, you probably had him in your top 4 OF. Well, I did anyway. Anyway, I wanted to get your thoughts on the suddenly filled up D'Backs outfield. When Eaton gets back (hopefully before the end of the month), it gets even fuller.

Ideally, Eaton will be healthy, hitting and at the top of the order everyday. That would put a Pollock/Kubel platoon in LF, and Ross/Parra platoon in RF. As I see Parra falling down by then (starting to now), same with Pollock, but not as convinced. I know Kubel and Ross aren't the future, but they'll be out there too.

Unfortunately, ideally and me don't mix! But I wanted to see if that was just my hope making the platoons, or an actual, credible and probable solution?

I'm already regretting holding him over Arenado, but am kind of forced to wait it out. Is there nothing but grief and doom ahead?

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibby keeps saying he's going to find the AB's for everyone so we'll see. I think it will be a fantasy hit for every player, with Eaton in theory being the one most closely being an "everyday" starter.

This assumes he comes back healthy and hits the ground running......with that many bodies out there and being that Eaton is young, it wouldn't be hard to see any type of prolonged slump really eat into his playing time.

All indications are he's going to be the everyday center fielder and bat lead off because of his great OBP skills and speed......I just hope they aren't putting too much pressure on a young player, but as we are talking about, they do have so many bodies out there it wouldn't shock me if they do the wrong thing and have a shorter leash with him then is fair.....

His injury was so depressing in spring......we are all anxious to see a true lead off capable hitter able to get on base and have wheels......something IMO the Dbacks have never had in their 15 year existence.....we've only had a couple speed guys like Womack who could swipe bags, except for first unfortunately.....