• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And we're all excited, right?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Marshall 7-10 days away
-- CBSSports.com
Reds reliever Sean Marshall is about 7-10 days away from returning, according to Cincinnati.com

Marshall hasn't pitched since May 20, and has been sidelined with a shoulder sprain. Marshall should help stabilize a bullpen that has seen some regression this season. He's only tossed seven innings, and has a 2.57 ERA.

Jonathan Broxton about a week away
-- CBSSports.com
Reds reliever Jonathan Broxton is about a week away, according to the Cincinnati.com.

Broxton hasn't pitched since June 13 due to an elbow issue. Broxton struggled prior to the injury, posting a 4.33 ERA through 27 innings. He would return to his eighth inning role once he's fully recovered.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any solid contribution from either guy the rest of this season will be a pleasant surprise. On another front, is Nick Masset alive?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Masset's days as a big-league pitcher are confined to his own fantasy.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Masset is this years Mike Lincoln Scholarship winner- the million dollar DL recipient. Remember though, we didn't give much for him- a .240 hitting, powerless, gumption less, attitude anchor, Ken Griffey, Jr.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fantastic news about Marshall and Broxton. Having these guys in our bullpen back and healthy is huge, and hopefully they both can stay healthy the rest of the way, and get back to doing what they usually do.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bullpen might benefit more from another run a game, than any single pitcher. Marshall and Broxton are good ones when healthy, but this team has to score a little more even when they aren't hitting homers or getting 2 out hits, or walking with the bases loaded, or scoring on 2 errors.... things that just don't happen as often against teams above .500.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Reds often win with heart, and lose with their head. Exiting, and equally frustrating.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right. that's why i often insist that the effort is there. we can criticize bonehead decisions, perceived dusty shortcomings, and -one of this board's favorite subjects- coaching inadequacies. to understand what i mean you only have to go back 5-10 years and be in attendance at GABP for any game. going to those games was like going to a tax audit, and there was near zero energy. it was truly palpable. i dreaded having to do a game there because it broke this reds fan's heart. this reds team does not give up. accuse me of the willful suspension of disbelief. but, isn't that a vital part of what being a baseball fan is? so, yeah. i'm excited about broxton's return. not just because i'm a reds fan, but because of the ugly vicious taunts and nicknames dodger fans threw at him. i'd love to see him shut them down, and up, at chavez ravine to knock them out of the playoffs. sean marshall made the effort to pitch through pain and couldn't do it. if healthy, those two relievers presence in august and september will be invaluable.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree w/ above. Fat guys somehow aren't covered in the popular political correctness exclusion clause. I like Broxton. He appears to be a team guy that will grind it out. He's a pretty good defender, when healthy, a good pressure reliever, and personally, a guy I want on my side in a brawl. Marshall is a lefty, with a history of getting outs, definately in need here.