• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And these kind words for Huggy...Not Suprising!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Eron Harris, he says he knows what he will be looking for in a school.
“It is going to be the place that I can be myself,” said Harris. “I want to be myself. I want to go out there and play basketball and love playing basketball. I am a competitor first, and I want to play instinctively. That is it. I want my coach to respect me and I will respect him.” Harris’ dad, Eric, re-iterated that finding the right coach will be the most important thing in their decision making process. :clap:

Pretty telling of what has been said on these boards for awhile...Huggin's no longer relates to these players...its been more than time for a change at the helm......

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always two sides to the coin though. "Disrespecting" may also come in the form of blowing your top when a kid refuses to play defense after being told time and time and time again.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always two sides to the coin though. "Disrespecting" may also come in the form of blowing your top when a kid refuses to play defense after being told time and time and time again.

I don't think there is two sides here...escpecially when just a year ago he ran 3/4's of the program off after they quit on him...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive also seen reports that Harris has a "MAJOR attitude problem" and that Huggs as well as other staff were fed up with him. Of course we wont see his dad say anything like that and the truth is prob somewhere in between however, Harris has also been tweeting that he hopes Dibo gets his release too. IMO class act type kids just don't do that as they are leaving. Im not turning a blind eye to the recent short comings of the hoops program, Huggs makes waaay too much money for us to be struggling like we have BUT in this particular case I think if he is guilty of anything its missing on a kids character, kid is looking more and more like a selfish immature punk that deserved the boot.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is off here 1. for one of the top returners to leave when this could be a top 15 team. 2. Coach not being able to work with top player to keep him in the program

This team should still be solid, but the mass exodus of players the last couple if years is unheard of.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Huggy and his staff have done a disappointing job of recruiting top talent to WVU.

From what I've read and heard, he had to clean house after the '12-13 season as he lost those kids, and could not get them to buy-in.

Obviously, he now has lost Harris. Harris was not a trouble maker like Murray from the year before, but I never liked his body language and emotional displays when he wasn't doing well.

I imagine his defensive liabilities were a hot topic with Huggy, and Harris didn't like the discussion. WVU was the only major school who gave him a scholly, and now he acts like a prima dona.

It's funny, Huggy won with Beilein's kids. But, each one of them bought in to his demands. And, they were rewarded with the first trip to the Final 4 since 1959.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if this is what College basketball looks like going forward, but Maryland is having the same issues with Turgeon...kids just hoping from one program to the next...and add the one and done rule...the game is garbage.....

What I don't understand in Morgantown is that these are Huggins recruits..what changes so much during the recruiting process to what happens when these kids make it campus..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost 450 kids have transferred from their schools to another the past few years. Everybody wants to play... and be the man!

Okie St has had something like 13 kids leave their program over the past 4 years.

It is a new age...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is 450 players per year...

An average of over 1 player per school

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are several issues, one of the major ones is that the average basketball player is not the cream of the crop as a person. Next they are not great students and struggle with their studies, then they get to Morgantown and it is not the place they are used to living. Many of these kids watch the OSU and Kentucky kids playing one year and going to the NBA, and they want some of that as well. Plus Huggins is not a real "people person" in many ways, but like a lot of guys has a tender side, as we saw with Butler in the final four loss a few years ago. I dont know what the answer is, but kissing their asses to keep them is not the answer.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I just saw that DC. And the 2014 exodus is underway...

:L

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mikecasazza: Terry Henderson is the 12th of 16 recruits signed in the three classes after the Final Four to transfer or never play a game.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The program is in Flames!....

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this gets any worse the Mountaineer is going to transfer...