• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And I Thought Some of You Guys Were Bad...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im anti-Something but it aint Stafford.

Actually think this could be Stafford's best season. Could. Might. Hope it fuckin is. He can throw all the picks he wants on third and long. His pick was a punt last week. None of that first down forcing stuff though.

I just hope we don't have a game like Philly last year. Season went to shit after that.

So still send the jersey?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So still send the jersey?

By all means!!!

(He'd be fourth on my offense list. BP 87, BP 84, Eazy EE then Numba Nine.)

I got this #26 jersey that's practically brand new, I could trade ya.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford hasnt lived up to expectations because I think people have too high of expectations. I was doing some research the other day, through 70 games Stafford and Peyton Manning have very similar stats, and similar results and they both were drafted into similar situations, although the Lions were in much worse shape being 0-16 and having Millen at the helm. After Manning's 4th season he was 32-32 and after going 6-10 Mora got fired. Dungy came on and Manning and the Colts started to get better (sound familiar). He led them to the playoffs but lost 41-0 to the Jets..making him 0-3 in playoffs. So after 5 seasons Manning had been up and down going
3-13
13-3
10-6
6-10
10-6
Through 70 games Manning was 121/89 TD to INT, Staff was 111/81.

In his 6th season Manning finally got his first playoff win, and his 2nd before losing in the conference championship. In his 7th season he went 14-2 BUT LOST in the first round. In his 8th season...he finally took his 12-4 team all the way(and it took a collasal blunder from Belicheck to do so).

Am I saying Stafford is as good as Manning? No....well maybe. Point is these things take time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 2015? I must be in the express lane to Alzheimersville.

From the looks of it. I'm in the car with you. Those years were supposed to be one back on each. 0 wins in 2012 and 1 win in 2013 over the final 7 games each year.

Since I know TP read my post -- I'm curious to hear how he sees the Lions finishing up. As I said -- I think 9 wins is very possible. I think 10 wins is where they finish. I'm really curious to hear what TP thinks, as he put up a post to talk about a guy like he is crazy for saying 9.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the looks of it. I'm in the car with you. Those years were supposed to be one back on each. 0 wins in 2012 and 1 win in 2013 over the final 7 games each year.

Since I know TP read my post -- I'm curious to hear how he sees the Lions finishing up. As I said -- I think 9 wins is very possible. I think 10 wins is where they finish. I'm really curious to hear what TP thinks, as he put up a post to talk about a guy like he is crazy for saying 9.

I started the season at 9, but it looks like 10 or even 11 barring catastrophic injury. 9 is the bottom number now.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like 68 said, the turnovers haven't directly resulted in losses. That's huge.

Yeah because the defense gives up 14 or less points a game. He isn't losing us games like last year but he sure and hell isn't winning us to many. BUT WHAT ABOUT HIS GAME WINNING TD'S?!?!? Yeah, again. The defense is only giving up 14-17 ppg. Those chances never even arise.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from what I'm hearing on these call-in shows the last couple days is that we have zero chance, and will get blown out.

Now, I don't expect us to go into their house and win- New England is very, very good at home. But I absolutely believe we'll be in the game- I don't see anything pointing to us getting crushed.

We have the best defense in the NFL, so that will help keep New England's potent offense in check, at least somewhat. The other side, though, is what I don't get- these callers seem to think we can't score against New England's defense. Did I miss something about that very mediocre defense suddenly becoming elite?

I think people are just dense is all. Because New England is good (and they are very good right now) that means all phases of their team are great? Not how it works in this league. They have a great offense, great coaching, and a passable defense.

Overall I think we don't get the win, but I think it will still be a good game...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from what I'm hearing on these call-in shows the last couple days is that we have zero chance, and will get blown out.

Now, I don't expect us to go into their house and win- New England is very, very good at home. But I absolutely believe we'll be in the game- I don't see anything pointing to us getting crushed.

We have the best defense in the NFL, so that will help keep New England's potent offense in check, at least somewhat. The other side, though, is what I don't get- these callers seem to think we can't score against New England's defense. Did I miss something about that very mediocre defense suddenly becoming elite?

I think people are just dense is all. Because New England is good (and they are very good right now) that means all phases of their team are great? Not how it works in this league. They have a great offense, great coaching, and a passable defense.

Overall I think we don't get the win, but I think it will still be a good game...

I always expect the Lions to win. This week is no different. If they lose I'll be pissed. But I accept that the Pats are favored.

What is important is not just this game, but the Lions making the playoffs. A win this weekend greatly increases our playoff chances. I was playing with that calculator for playoffs, and based on how I think other games will go the Lions have almost no shot with a 9-7 record, about a 50/50 shot at 10-6 and is almost a lock at 11-5. We are 7-3 right now with 6 to go. Bucs, Minny, Chicago, and Chicago we should be favored which would put us right at 11. Pats and GB we should be underdogs. Beating NE gives us that breathing room in case we drop one of those games we should win (and chicago will be tough to take twice).

If we drop to NE, and lose any 1 of those favored games, then the GB game is a playoff game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from what I'm hearing on these call-in shows the last couple days is that we have zero chance, and WILLget blown out.

Now, I don't expect us to go into their house and win- New England is very, very good at HOME. But I absolutely believe we'll be in the game- I don't see anything pointing to us getting crushed.

I'm thinking those callers have watched New England play the last couple weeks and assume NE's offense will do the same to Detroit. They have averaged 45 points a game over the last 3 and have scored over 30 in every game but 2.

Once again -- I'm not sure why someone would be dense for thinking the Lions get smacked pretty good on Sunday. NE is rolling right now. They have steam rolled teams the last couple weeks. They were up by 40 points or something obnoxious by halftime of the Bears game, then hung 40+ points on two teams in 1st place in their division -- Denver and Indy, beating both by 3 touchdowns.

It is hardly far fetched to think it could happen to Detroit on the road, especially with how bad our offense has been playing.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose I'll be pissed.

This is one of the very few games on the Lions schedule where a loss isn't going to hurt, if it happens. NE is the hottest team in the NFL and they are VERY good at home.

If Detroit wins -- it will be HUGE. I just think this is going to be a game where Detroit is beaten soundly. I hope I'm dead wrong and the offense snaps out of their funk.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep it close to keep the confidence from being shattered. Schedule only has 1 more good team on it. Win the 4 after this one and playoffs are likely. A win is not expected this week but if it happens I would be very surprised if we did not make the playoffs.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have the best defense in the NFL, so that will help keep New England's potent offense in check, at least somewhat. The other side, though, is what I don't get- these callers seem to think we can't SCORE against New England's defense. Did I miss something about that very mediocre defense suddenly becoming elite?

I think people are just dense is all. Because New England is good (and they are very good right now) that MEANS all phases of their team are great? Not how it works in this league. They have a great offense, great coaching, and a passable defense.

Hmmmm -- I'm thinking those dense callers were on to something when they called into the radio.

And you were right too. Detroit did score on that "very mediocre defense" -- we had 3 field goals, or one more field goal than we had last week.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice 3 phases play great today. I also saw 3 phases play like shit.

That passable defense outplayed the #1 defense for sure.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, they just did a Thanksgiving dinner draft on the radio show... funny shit...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stations/ shows do you guys listen to down there? I've been listening to 97.1 The Ticket lately...