• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Analysis: Rebuild Going in Right Direction

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito stepping up in the first 60 has been the best thing about this season so far. (Well, that and Tim Anderson) Gives me some hope as the production is happening at the MLB level. Rodon is a'ight...but that he was our opening day pitcher is telling moreso of our misfortunes than anything else. As a 2/3/4 we can be good with him, but not as an ace. And that's how I feel about him healthy....Injuries just add more meh to his equation. We'll see about Kopech. Until there's actual consistent MLB production, it's all just talk.

The rest of our starting pitching is absolutely terrible. You can pull any of the top 3 pitchers out of the AAA club of your choice and probably get similar production as Nova/Lopez/Banuelos/Covey to this point. Predicting a 2020 rise to prominence with our starting pitching being what it is is amazing to me. Godspeed msgkings322. I salute your homerism. I want to believe like you.

That all said, by some miracle we're only 2 games back of the wild card 60 games in. Soak it in for as long as we can I guess. Life is grand.