• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amendola

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He showed he's as good as Welker ever was IMO...but I think he's more athletic.

With the next game coming up in just three more days I'd sit him for the Jets game and give him two weeks to heal or even two games and three weeks to heal with the Bucs on tap next.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not quite ready to agree that he is as good as welker was in his prime; welker already proved himself, amandola still has his work cut out for him. That said I think he clearly gutted it out yesterday, was a key reason the pats won and was probably at about 80%. If that is what we get at 80% and he manages to get fully healthy and stay that way, he is going to put up some amazing numbers this year.

I will say that guys like boyce, thompkins and sudfield are going to need to step up a lot more than they did yesterday and dobson is going to need to get healthy soon or its going to be a long year. There are a number of teams that will be able to shut down the pats if all they need to worry about is Amendola and Eddleman. I don't expect rookies to play like seasoned veterans and there is only so much you can reasonably expect with rookies but you have got to get more than what we got yesterday.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought for sure when he went limping off that he was done for the game. he did prove he is tough but let's not go comparing him to Welker just yet. it's only one game. he has to stay healthy but he and Eddleman SAVED the Patriots yesterday

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Welker ever was? That reamains to be seen, but I love the potential and if Gronk comes back healthy and some other WR proves their worth this will lessen the burden on Danny which IMO will be beneficial.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes - 9 catches, 67 yds, 6 1st dwn, 2 tds
Dan - 10 catch, 104 yds, 9 1st dwn, 0 td
Jul - 7 catches, 79 yds, 4 1st dwn. 2 tds

Both Julien (the other Wes replacement) and Danny also both had a reception of more than 20 yds that Wes did not.
Danny had 1 more reception with 50% more yds (fuzzy math...my son has started common core) and 50% more 1st downs but no TD's
Julien had 2 fewer receptions but 12 more yards and the same 2 TD's. Also, Juliens TD's mattered more to the Pats than Wes's did to the Bronco's. Without Wes scoring the Broncos still had the Ravens covered by two scores.

Both Danny and Julien can run the slot, but they are both faster and more athletic. And they will both put up Wes like or better numbers all season.

I'm phsyched.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Welker ever was? That reamains to be seen, but I love the potential and if Gronk comes back healthy and some other WR proves their worth this will lessen the burden on Danny which IMO will be beneficial.

When Gronk is back, he and Sudfeld will be incredible together as pass catching options.

When KT improves on his rookie mistakes, he will be awesome as well. Brady never lost confidence in him.

Dobson and Boyce have further to go.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola was amazing yesterday. Serious guts to come back out with that injury and serious heart to (with Vereen and Edelman, both of whom also had great games yesterday) carry the offense to a win.

However, don't be surprised if he can't play Thursday. He IS hurt and I bet today he can barely walk.