• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amaro ready to make his big 2nd half

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
push by promoting 2 sugically repaired retreads in grady sizemore and jason marquis.

Hey, he's got a plan, we all just have to let him implement it properly. And ignore the fact that the team has literally gotten worse every single year since he has taken over. That is just a coincidence. It isn't his fault that players are not performing due to injuries or age...

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, he's got a plan, we all just have to let him implement it properly. And ignore the fact that the team has literally gotten worse every single year since he has taken over. That is just a coincidence. It isn't his fault that players are not performing due to injuries or age...

I think we should start by getting a center fielder that has an arm and can get on base more. A little power would help too. Revere adds nothing to the offense other than speed. Base runners always advance 0n balls hit to center.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should start by getting a center fielder that has an arm and can get on base more. A little power would help too. Revere adds nothing to the offense other than speed. Base runners always advance 0n balls hit to center.

There shouldn't be a single player on this team not on the trading block. It is time to full-on rebuild. I get that you "cannot" do that in Philly, tough, it has to be done. The only people on today's roster who have a chance to be on this team when it is good again are the young bullpen arms, and if you can get something of value for a bullpen arm, you take it.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem I have is that I really don't think Ruben can evaluate what constitutes a good player - therefore even a fire sale is a bad idea, because he will get crappy players in return.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem I have is that I really don't think Ruben can evaluate what constitutes a good player - therefore even a fire sale is a bad idea, because he will get crappy players in return.

you're absolutely right...plus many of these guys should have been traded during and after the 2012 season. It was obvious that the decline started then. Now 2 years later...just due to age, the return will be less. As I have written before, the only guys I would definitely keep are asche, giles, diekman, and maybe mario hollands.
And a question to all on this board, why in the world would you keep hamels, if we had an opportunity to get a king's ransom in return? keep him so we can continue to lose 2-1, 3-0 games? keep him so he can have a 2-5 record in July?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the cancer that is killing this team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're absolutely right...plus many of these guys should have been traded during and after the 2012 season. It was obvious that the decline started then. Now 2 years later...just due to age, the return will be less. As I have written before, the only guys I would definitely keep are asche, giles, diekman, and maybe mario hollands.
And a question to all on this board, why in the world would you keep hamels, if we had an opportunity to get a king's ransom in return? keep him so we can continue to lose 2-1, 3-0 games? keep him so he can have a 2-5 record in July?

This too!!

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except for the whole getting better each of his first 3 seasons as GM thing.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that's on Ruben. There's far too many players to scout to be able to have first hand knowledge of every HS, NCAA and minor league prospect. That fault lies with the scouting department, who have done a horrendous job since Arbuckle left town. Now their performance can be blamed on Ruben as he is responsible for them, but saying he doesn't have an eye for talent is a bit unfair IMO.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: We can only hope for the best in any trades and try to be quicker about advancing guys on the farm who might deserve a shot.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you keep hamels because we need some serious pitching to be a team. Hamels has tossed 12 QSs in his 14 starts. In games he got credited with the loss, the Phillies got him just 6 runs. He's only given up more than 3 runs 3 times. He's gone 7 innings or more 10 times. It's safe to say on a team that can hit and score runs, he's be 10-2. Those are good reasons, aren't they?

WestCoastPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you keep hamels because we need some serious pitching to be a team. Hamels has tossed 12 QSs in his 14 starts. In games he got credited with the loss, the Phillies got him just 6 runs. He's only given up more than 3 runs 3 times. He's gone 7 innings or more 10 times. It's safe to say on a team that can hit and score runs, he's be 10-2. Those are good reasons, aren't they?

lolol! Well Hamels is here now, so according to you we have "serious pitching". How is that "serious pitching" working out for ya? I predict we are heading for a 65-97 record. We are very thin on real prospects on the farm, so maybe we can trade the "serious pitching" for some real prospects? I think building for the future will definitely help us more than "serious pitching" helps us now.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolol! Well Hamels is here now, so according to you we have "serious pitching". How is that "serious pitching" working out for ya? I predict we are heading for a 65-97 record. We are very thin on real prospects on the farm, so maybe we can trade the "serious pitching" for some real prospects? I think building for the future will definitely help us more than "serious pitching" helps us now.

Jerk! I'm talking specifically about Hamels. Read the fucken words. Hamels is serious pitching. Not every starter on the team. Look at the stats I cited. What is your answer? No one is taking your idiotic comments seriously anyway. Somehow you think trading 100% of the team is going to bring a winner. Go fuck yourself.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team does not hit! Ranked 26th,27th and 28th in batting average,obp,slugging and runs scored.

I believe that adding two players with power and good OBP would send us in the right direction. Trading Hamels would be foolish since he is our best pitcher. We need to get rid of older players any cost. Paps can be replacd by Giles and Howard by anyone. That would be a start. IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is obvious are hitting is just krap and I doubt anything will be done about it this year.

WestCoastPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerk! I'm talking specifically about Hamels. Read the fucken words. Hamels is serious pitching. Not every starter on the team. Look at the stats I cited. What is your answer? No one is taking your idiotic comments seriously anyway. Somehow you think trading 100% of the team is going to bring a winner. Go fuck yourself.

Yes!! Nice! Well thought out response!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!! Nice! Well thought out response!

You earned it! Duh, how'd that work out for ya? We'll try to ease up on stats next time since you are oblivious to their meaning. Don't worry, there will be plenty of "pwospects" for you to watch in the coming years. Why don't you take notes at all the PCL games you attend and give us all a heads up when you discover replacements for Amaro's consideration.