• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one being killed by injuries?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one league I now have 4 players on the DL and in other there are 2-3 on the DL.

Frustrating to say the least

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one league I now have 4 players on the DL and in other there are 2-3 on the DL.

Frustrating to say the least

In my 12-keeper league, I had 7 on DL at once. It was a rough few weeks and only lost a couple games.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I have had at least one picther on the DL all year. Right now my DL is Cliff Lee and CarGo, so I'm pretty lucky right now. Just waiting on Yu and Felix to hit the DL, cause they are on my team so it will happen. Yu already has missed a couple of starts though.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I have had at least one picther on the DL all year. Right now my DL is Cliff Lee and CarGo, so I'm pretty lucky right now. Just waiting on Yu and Felix to hit the DL, cause they are on my team so it will happen. Yu already has missed a couple of starts though.

Lots of injuries this year, so I don't think I know anyone who is immune. I do though have a plan in place to deal with this as best as possible. That being, always having a super sub on roster, for these types of occasions.

This is really helpful in daily change leagues, where you can plug a guy in like Marin Prado into 3 different roster spots. He may not be the best player or fantasy scorer, but, it is better than getting zero for an otherwise empty roster spot.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try owning the Rangers in a simulation league. . And on top of that I traded Yu Darvish in a deal where Ivan Nova was the throw back starter. Plus dealt Saunders and Nick Martinez In Throw away deals when they where DFA'ed/demoted..I can't even feild a 5 man rotation.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of injuries this year, so I don't think I know anyone who is immune. I do though have a plan in place to deal with this as best as possible. That being, always having a super sub on roster, for these types of occasions.

This is really helpful in daily change leagues, where you can plug a guy in like Marin Prado into 3 different roster spots. He may not be the best player or fantasy scorer, but, it is better than getting zero for an otherwise empty roster spot.

Prado is sadly my replacement for Cargo. He's also my replacement for Bonifacio. And my replacement for Harper. And.... Im glad I always target Prado.

First time I didn't have a man on the injury report all year in roto was this week. And now Dozier is out.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my keeper league I started year with Fister & Iwakuma on DL (and Harvey who I drafted). After that it was like dominos. Belt, Zimmerman, Calhoun, Fernandez, Votto, Pollock.
In total 14 players I've placed on the DL or dropped due to injuries (Skaggs & Lyles were last weeks casualties):L

I'm down to 4 on the DL, and I'm thankful for that... You are not alone.:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prado is sadly my replacement for Cargo. He's also my replacement for Bonifacio. And my replacement for Harper. And.... Im glad I always target Prado.

First time I didn't have a man on the injury report all year in roto was this week. And now Dozier is out.

You mean you can't play him in 3spots at once?

What is the use for all that eligibility then?

:lol:

Every one of my team has their share of injured guys. Frustrating.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the draft and forget league: Kershaw, Jose Fernandez, Cole, Anibel Sanchez, Trumbo, Josh Hamilton, Arenedo and Eric Young just off the top of my head. Yes dead last and falling fast.

In a ESPN daily league I started the season with 7 players on the DL and only 3 DL spots. Thankfully I have been able to work out of that and am now 7-3.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the players that I had that were on the DL.

Trumbo (dropped), harper, Arenado (dropped), Cliff Lee, Jose Abreu, Wil Myers (dropped), Jurickson Profar (dropped), Calhoun (dropped).

As you can see, I don't have much patience for players going on the DL. I still think I have a strong team, since I picked up Polanco, Morales, Michael Morse, Brett Gardner, Kendrys Morales, Brian Dozier, Dee Gordon, Todd Frazier, and George Springer to replace the DL players and take the place of underachievers on my team.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the players that I had that were on the DL.

Trumbo (dropped), harper, Arenado (dropped), Cliff Lee, Jose Abreu, Wil Myers (dropped), Jurickson Profar (dropped), Calhoun (dropped).

As you can see, I don't have much patience for players going on the DL. I still think I have a strong team, since I picked up Polanco, Morales, Michael Morse, Brett Gardner, Kendrys Morales, Brian Dozier, Dee Gordon, Todd Frazier, and George Springer to replace the DL players and take the place of underachievers on my team.

So Does no one else on the league make roster moves or what? Half those guys were drafted in any league I'm in, let alone everyone jumping all over each other to grab one of the wire. You get no sympathy