• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Altuve Accused of Wearing a Buzzer

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already took their draft picks, their GM and Manger was fired, you have two other mangers fired that were part of the team back then removed.... Its done lets move on.

Problem is, if thats the punishment then as Mariners fan where do I sign up for this. The draft picks are the worst part but the theory is similar to trading prospects for a rental player who helps you win a title. Short term gain for a little bit of long term sacrifice. A $5 million fine is nothing and you can get another Manager and GM. IMO this doesnt prevent doing this again.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, if thats the punishment then as Mariners fan where do I sign up for this. The draft picks are the worst part but the theory is similar to trading prospects for a rental player who helps you win a title. Short term gain for a little bit of long term sacrifice. A $5 million fine is nothing and you can get another Manager and GM. IMO this doesnt prevent doing this again.

Again its not going to prevent anything, like I said these are some Billion Dollar revenue generators for some of these teams, they are going to roll the dice on anything to make sure they win a World Series since they are paying out top dollars to some of these players. It's business and if they can find a short cut they are going to try it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again its not going to prevent anything, like I said these are some Billion Dollar revenue generators for some of these teams, they are going to roll the dice on anything to make sure they win a World Series since they are paying out top dollars to some of these players. It's business and if they can find a short cut they are going to try it.

I get the business aspect, but when you are openly sacrificing that for the integrity of the sport I think its a slippery slope. I think when the steroids fiasco was rampant, baseball wasn't on as shaky ground as it is now. As it is, attendance and interest isn't what it was say 10-20 years ago. I just think they are ultimately playing with fire if nothing else is done.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the business aspect, but when you are openly sacrificing that for the integrity of the sport I think its a slippery slope. I think when the steroids fiasco was rampant, baseball wasn't on as shaky ground as it is now. As it is, attendance and interest isn't what it was say 10-20 years ago. I just think they are ultimately playing with fire if nothing else is done.

No I get what you are saying, but to them its all $$!
Attendance is down due to the fact they charge an arm and leg for tickets, price of food and beer, and a family of four can't afford to drop $250 at a ballpark twice a week or even a once every month.

They can say all the want that attendance is dropping cause the game takes to long or the product on the field sucks, but reality is that costs way to much money for a family to go to the ball parks.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Boras, the agent for Altuve, told SI, “Jose Altuve called me and said he wants it known that he has never, ever worn an electronic device in a major league game—ever. He never received any form—of a trigger or any information—via an electronic product that was on his body or in his uniform. He has never worn any electronic device. Ever.”

I mean, there's no lying in baseball, amirite???
Asking for Rafael Palmiero.....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what will be interesting to see, is if the astros fall off a cliff this coming season, with regards to overall team, as well as individual, performance at the plate.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ban them from the playoffs for 5 years. Have a cheat draft and let the rest of mlb pick apart their roster and they still pay the salories.

That's how you put an end to this crap.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's just a really big wrinkle

also, he didn't want his teammates to tug at his jersey because he tries to avoid wrinkles

this whole story really revolves around wrinkles

‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Ooh, hi there

haven't seen you around for a while

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ban them from the playoffs for 5 years. Have a cheat draft and let the rest of mlb pick apart their roster and they still pay the salories.

That's how you put an end to this crap.
The MLB cares more about money than deterring players from cheating.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Boras, the agent for Altuve, told SI, “Jose Altuve called me and said he wants it known that he has never, ever worn an electronic device in a major league game—ever. He never received any form—of a trigger or any information—via an electronic product that was on his body or in his uniform. He has never worn any electronic device. Ever.”

I mean, there's no lying in baseball, amirite???
Asking for Rafael Palmiero.....

Oh, his agent said it's not true? This changes verything

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unknown.jpg

I thought he was shy and that is why he keeps his body hidden?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its total crap!
Personally I love the guy ( even though he is the biggest pain in the ass against the M's)
I think society today over kills every thing and this will smear a guy that plays this game hard and with fun.

You already took their draft picks, their GM and Manger was fired, you have two other mangers fired that were part of the team back then removed.... Its done lets move on.

And to be honest, it's a shame folks don't think this goes on else where either. These are billion dollar businesses, sign stealing goes back to the early 1900's its not like the Astro's just invented this.

Of course the same people that think it doesn't go on are the same folks that think those big white guys in the NFL don't take steroids.

There's a big difference between a runner on 2nd looking in, trying to steal a sign, and a telescopic camera in the outfield relaying the information to the clubhouse and then to the batter. Dipshit.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's just a really big wrinkle

also, he didn't want his teammates to tug at his jersey because he tries to avoid wrinkles

this whole story really revolves around wrinkles

‾\_(ツ)_/‾

So the real story is how Altuve overcame his OCD issues?

Cool.

While I hate cheating like this and in any form, FUCK THE DODGERS!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference between a runner on 2nd looking in, trying to steal a sign, and a telescopic camera in the outfield relaying the information to the clubhouse and then to the batter. Dipshit.

I don’t give a shit, everyone is going to have their own opinions on this topic

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the big deal? It’s totally cool to know what pitch is coming because a runner on base can warn the hitter of the pitch? Is MLB pissed that teams actually use technology better as opposed to them who have instituted a replay system or a strike zone tracker that they either don’t use or just flat out ignore the footage in terms of replay. It helps that you know if it is a fast ball or an off speed pitch but you still don’t know if it will end up in the strike zone or if the catcher changes the signs. The bigger issue no one is talking about is how the Astros pitching staff magically became great.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the big deal? It’s totally cool to know what pitch is coming because a runner on base can warn the hitter of the pitch? Is MLB pissed that teams actually use technology better as opposed to them who have instituted a replay system or a strike zone tracker that they either don’t use or just flat out ignore the footage in terms of replay. It helps that you know if it is a fast ball or an off speed pitch but you still don’t know if it will end up in the strike zone or if the catcher changes the signs. The bigger issue no one is talking about is how the Astros pitching staff magically became great.

Sure why not? You should be able to kick your ball out of the ruff or reset if it plugs. It should be okay to be the Patriots and tape anything and everything. Or the 49ers in their Super Bowl days cheating the cap. I welcome steroids back into the game at the same time.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure why not? You should be able to kick your ball out of the ruff or reset if it plugs. It should be okay to be the Patriots and tape anything and everything. Or the 49ers in their Super Bowl days cheating the cap. I welcome steroids back into the game at the same time.

I don’t understand why spy gate was a big deal either. Deflating a football totally makes sense, scuffing a baseball makes sense but I don’t understand why it is some huge thing they knew what pitches were coming. This has happened since the beginning of time and it is on the opposing catcher for not switching up signs. Same thing as Spygate. I just don’t get it like it has defamed the sport.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I knew that was you in the group behind us yesterday! I swear my foot slipped...

Like I said above everyone is going to have their own opinions, thoughts and beliefs which makes this country so great!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get an edge over the other team that's fine, but if caught better be prepared to get hammered.