• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alliance of American Football : Fantasy

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your saying if its decent, you wanna do this fantasy?

No. I have three dynasty leagues to keep my interest peaked in the off-season. It actually wasn't bad football after the first quarter at least from the Orlando side of things. Hell, we even pulled off a version of the Philly special for a touchdown and dominated Atlanta 40-6. We ran and threw the ball well and the defense completely overmatched Atlanta. We got pressure all night (you can only rush 5 guys and all must come from between the tackles and within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage), stopped the run, and intercepted 4 passes and we were just a lot better than Atlanta. The passing plays that seemed to be working well for both teams were crossing routes, so it will be interesting to see once teams watch tape if the linebackers stay home and hit those guys coming across the middle instead of letting them run free. Overall it was fun even though it did sprinkle most of the game. It was only $20.00 each for the general admission tickets and even though that meant you were supposed to be in the upper deck of the end zone, you could really sit anywhere because the stadium was only half full. The game was played at the University of Central Florida's home football stadium which only holds about 35,000 anyway and they only filled up half of it and that was with giving first responders free entry tonight. I liked the no kickoffs and no extra points rules and the game did get over with in two and a half hours which is one of the things Bill Pullian was shooting for. There really wasn't that many penalties, although it's a little bit ridiculous that an illegal defense penalty is 15 yards. We'll have to wait and see what the next game brings, but overall I'd say it was a B+ for me.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalin Marshall would not be a bad choice lol

I can't find stats from either game anywhere though

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I have three dynasty leagues to keep my interest peaked in the off-season. It actually wasn't bad football after the first quarter at least from the Orlando side of things. Hell, we even pulled off a version of the Philly special for a touchdown and dominated Atlanta 40-6. We ran and threw the ball well and the defense completely overmatched Atlanta. We got pressure all night (you can only rush 5 guys and all must come from between the tackles and within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage), stopped the run, and intercepted 4 passes and we were just a lot better than Atlanta. The passing plays that seemed to be working well for both teams were crossing routes, so it will be interesting to see once teams watch tape if the linebackers stay home and hit those guys coming across the middle instead of letting them run free. Overall it was fun even though it did sprinkle most of the game. It was only $20.00 each for the general admission tickets and even though that meant you were supposed to be in the upper deck of the end zone, you could really sit anywhere because the stadium was only half full. The game was played at the University of Central Florida's home football stadium which only holds about 35,000 anyway and they only filled up half of it and that was with giving first responders free entry tonight. I liked the no kickoffs and no extra points rules and the game did get over with in two and a half hours which is one of the things Bill Pullian was shooting for. There really wasn't that many penalties, although it's a little bit ridiculous that an illegal defense penalty is 15 yards. We'll have to wait and see what the next game brings, but overall I'd say it was a B+ for me.
awesome man. The other game was good too,the qb play needs to get better though

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thing nobody put a ton of time trying to get this up and going. No wonder there no hosting sites, can't even get a friggin box score.
Anyone find anything yet?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thing nobody put a ton of time trying to get this up and going. No wonder there no hosting sites, can't even get a friggin box score.
Anyone find anything yet?
I found a site. Posted on general board

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't wrap my head around the whole anti kicker vibe of the league. No PAT's, no kickoffs..I suppose I can take or leave the PAT parts, but the damned kickoffs? Only reason they became boring was the BS rule moving the kickoffs up, generating a nearly guaranteed touch back. A kick return used to be one of the most exciting plays in the sport. Friggin safety BS.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't wrap my head around the whole anti kicker vibe of the league. No PAT's, no kickoffs..I suppose I can take or leave the PAT parts, but the damned kickoffs? Only reason they became boring was the BS rule moving the kickoffs up, generating a nearly guaranteed touch back. A kick return used to be one of the most exciting plays in the sport. Friggin safety BS.

Well according to Bill Pullian, he refused to be part of the league unless they banned the kickoffs. Apparently he hates them more than you hate Alf.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kickoffs were and still are one of the most dangerous plays in the game when it comes to player safety.

NFL hides behind "safety is best for our players", when really what they are trying to say is, "we can't afford to pay out all these future injury lawsuits after years of emphasizing the big hits and ignoring safety of any kind"

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't miss the kickoffs at all. It made the game go much faster too.
It seems there is a penalty called on 1/3 of the kickoffs and a flag on almost every exciting runback.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't miss the kickoffs at all. It made the game go much faster too.
It seems there is a penalty called on 1/3 of the kickoffs and a flag on almost every exciting runback.

Yep like someone else said they are almost always a touchback now

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI folks on their website there is a stats section now.

trent richardson had like 23 carries for 56 yards.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kickoff is one of my favorite things.

It's a waste of time now imo. Ready for them to go away. They solved the "onside in 4th" issue too it seems.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that players like Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy have new life in the AAF.

Or it just proves that a few modestly talented players surrounded by mediocre ones will rise to the top.
Kind of like college.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that players like Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy have new life in the AAF.

Or it just proves that a few modestly talented players surrounded by mediocre ones will rise to the top.
Kind of like college.
trent's numbers arent even great, just getting fed. hell look at charles johnson, I think they talent will grow in this league if it sticks around . Since it apparently almost went bankrupt already. THe qb's are atrocious