• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Allen Hurns has a new contract

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, in the median attempts regression thread I posted a bit ago, Doug Baldwin was 11th among WR's with 1,287 yards. Should grab a bit of attention from WR desperate teams.
I have no doubt someone will pony up for him. He's a fine WR and will do fine with his next team( if they got a decent QB). However Seahawks don't try to match market value for fine, got to be special for that. Lockett might very well be the special they are looking for, higher ceiling then Doug IMO, think he's a year away, but could break out this year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt someone will pony up for him. He's a fine WR and will do fine with his next team( if they got a decent QB). However Seahawks don't try to match market value for fine, got to be special for that. Lockett might very well be the special they are looking for, higher ceiling then Doug IMO, think he's a year away, but could break out this year.
I've been banging the Lockett will be great drum since his last year in college- he's honestly kind of frightening.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need to see if Angry Doug can have a repeat of last year. As been mentioned he's a #1 on the Hawks currently but I don't think he's a #1 on many other teams. He had a ridiculous 5 consecutive games last year. If he can repeat that I change my opinion. Otherwise he's actually a #2 IMO.
I don't really value a label of #1 WR or #2 WR ect.
Seattle values the run over the pass, so my concern is can they run a good route and get a little separation? Do they have good hands and will they fight for the ball?
I certainly don't blame ADB if he wants to be a Tate and collect the ching wah. I like our young ones in the system.
Succeeding at this level requires an above average reload from the FO.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear it. Do you think any of that is just hyperbole in case 1. He doesn't have a great year he's portraying himself as being a 1 but he just doesn't get enough touches? Or 2. He can use it to negotiate with the Hawks for a bigger pay day?

They may want to stay a run first team but there are still lots of questions to be answered both on the RBs and the O line. I'm still pissed Sea took Prosise, I'm not sure in NE would've taken him next or not? But I was hoping.
There were questions last year. This is not new biz. Last year the OL was an eyesore for the 1st half of the season and Marshawn was essentially ineffective all year. The team has addressed those issues and we will see how those plans pan out.
Sorry, but I expect to see a stronger Seahawk team on the field than what was seen last year. A much better team and an easier schedule.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were questions last year. This is not new biz. Last year the OL was an eyesore for the 1st half of the season and Marshawn was essentially ineffective all year. The team has addressed those issues and we will see how those plans pan out.
Sorry, but I expect to see a stronger Seahawk team on the field than what was seen last year. A much better team and an easier schedule.
No need to be sorry. We're saying the same thing just approaching it from different sides. The new O line combined with Rawls coming back from injury leaves more questions today then at the start of last year when they had ML and who the stsrters where on the O line. Only time will tell how the offense gels or doesn't (in particulat the running game).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurns is a really good and underrated receiver. Good to lock him up.

Should also help Bortles develop to keep the same guys around him.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last
No need to be sorry. We're saying the same thing just approaching it from different sides. The new O line combined with Rawls coming back from injury leaves more questions today then at the start of last year when they had ML and who the stsrters where on the O line. Only time will tell how the offense gels or doesn't (in particulat the running game).
Maybe for you. I am confident Seattle will have a better start than last year and the rest will fall into place.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last

Maybe for you. I am confident Seattle will have a better start than last year and the rest will fall into place.
Congrats on your confidence. But you do realize camps are just getting underway. So it's more like you have optimistic confidence. I don't even think PC/JS would say today they are more comfortable where they're at then at the start of last season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man oh man....and no end in sight
no need in expanding the rosters, just make second tier players 10/15 mil a year guys and roll.
That's gotta be good for the game.....

we've seen the enemy and he remains in large part us

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on your confidence. But you do realize camps are just getting underway. So it's more like you have optimistic confidence. I don't even think PC/JS would say today they are more comfortable where they're at then at the start of last season.
You are correct that the camps are just getting underway but it is pure hope and speculation on your part in assuming you are privy to what Pete's and John's comfort levels are.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct that the camps are just getting underway but it is pure hope and speculation on your part in assuming you are privy to what Pete's and John's comfort levels are.
I think where you and I differed on this was I was "currently" do to the uncertainty of a starting RB and a new O line the Hawks can't possibly be as comfortable of what they had at the start of last season (a known commodity).

You stated you were cofident they will have a better start. I believe they will also, difficult to have a worse start with all that talent.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think where you and I differed on this was I was "currently" do to the uncertainty of a starting RB and a new O line the Hawks can't possibly be as comfortable of what they had at the start of last season (a known commodity).

You stated you were cofident they will have a better start. I believe they will also, difficult to have a worse start with all that talent.
Often, I hear non fans thinking they know more about a team than the fans that follow that team. Of course, Kool Aid is free for fans of every team. With that in mind, last year Seattle had...
Come off a devastating loss in the SB. My guess is the team has some hunger to back.
Kam's holdout...that was a bigger distraction than I expected.
Lost our #2 CB to a large contract...a bigger and harder to replace loss than losing Bruce Irvin this year.
Cary (the mistake) Williams attempting to play RCB.
Expecting Marshawn's last year with the club and the an old Fred Jackson and a UDFA RB as ML's backups.
LOB's KC, ET, Sherm, and Lane coming off injuries.
Opening on the road at Stl, then GB.
Oft injured and oft penalized Okung at LT, Britt trying a new spot as LG cuz he did not play well at RT, Drew WTF Nowack at C, Reliable Sweezy at RG, and Gilliam trying to learn to play RT in his 1st attempts at playing OL.
Yes, there are still questions but the sailing looks to be smoother.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often, I hear non fans thinking they know more about a team than the fans that follow that team. Of course, Kool Aid is free for fans of every team. With that in mind, last year Seattle had...
Come off a devastating loss in the SB. My guess is the team has some hunger to back.
Lost our #2 CB to a large contract...a bigger and harder to replace loss than losing Bruce Irvin this year.
Expecting Marshawn's last year with the club and the an old Fred Jackson and a UDFA RB as ML's backups.
Oft injured and oft penalized Okung at LT, Britt trying a new spot as LG cuz he did not play well at RT, Drew WTF Nowack at C, Reliable Sweezy at RG, and Gilliam trying to learn to play RT in his 1st attempts at playing OL.
Ok I agree with your last sentance. Prior to that I wasn't quite sure where you were going?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I agree with your last sentance. Prior to that I wasn't quite sure where you were going?
You said Seattle has more questions today than last year. We are in better shape than last year and I was showing reasons why I believe there are fewer concerns this year going forward.
No problem disagreeing on this.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Seattle has more questions today than last year. We are in better shape than last year and I was showing reasons why I believe there are fewer concerns this year going forward.
No problem disagreeing on this.
Yep no problem. I just feel they went into last year with more knowns then what they have today. By the start of the season that may change? We still have lots of time. Injuries, 53 man rosters, the next round of FA after teams release players, how Seattle's new O line gels and whether or not Rawls, Michael, Prosise or Collins can be effective game in and game out?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already seeing movement in the WR market now

Keenan Allen

Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports 1 reported that the "sense is the gap isn't too wide" between the two sides. Garafolo added that San Diego's offer is "north of" $10 million per season after starting at a lower number.

NFL.com's Conor Orr first reported the news on Monday, noting that San Diego is eyeing a four- or five-year extension for Allen.

The team had expressed its desire to negotiate an extension in March, per Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune. San Diego wanted to wait until after free agency to focus on re-signing Allen.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting... It sounds nice, but I am not sure that their #2 corner was a super talented guy, Irvin/Mebane we will see.

Sweezy as you say was the only reliable lineman last year, and now he's gone and it's a bigger question mark than before if you ask me.

Cary Williams getting replaced by Browner. Sure he knows the system and had some success there in years past, but adding arguably the worst CB in the league last season who's now in his 30's is a HUGE question mark, I'd call that a bigger question than adding Williams last year.

And you mention Fred Jackson.. The one thing he never ceded to Rawls or Michael was the one area he was still very effective in. Pass protection/route running. There's a big question.

I do think they bounce back and win the division, but mostly because I don't think Palmer repeats anything close to last year.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Hurns, I see he's found out that he is allergic to grass. Looks like 1 player out there is calling for astro-turf.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting... It sounds nice, but I am not sure that their #2 corner was a super talented guy, Irvin/Mebane we will see.

Sweezy as you say was the only reliable lineman last year, and now he's gone and it's a bigger question mark than before if you ask me.

Cary Williams getting replaced by Browner. Sure he knows the system and had some success there in years past, but adding arguably the worst CB in the league last season who's now in his 30's is a HUGE question mark, I'd call that a bigger question than adding Williams last year.

And you mention Fred Jackson.. The one thing he never ceded to Rawls or Michael was the one area he was still very effective in. Pass protection/route running. There's a big question.

I do think they bounce back and win the division, but mostly because I don't think Palmer repeats anything close to last year.

I agree with the o-line being a question mark, that seems to be the norm in these parts. Cary Williams was awful and you or I could have done better. Browner isn't replacing CW at CB2, that's Lanes job. Browner's role is probably to stick with the big TE's cause he's more physical and knowing the system is an added advantage. After TC is over, Fred Jackson might not be on this team since they reloaded on the RB position and having a third down pass catching back has been addressed as well. The team actually has less question marks then last year which is a good thing and even if Palmer has another great year, Seattle can still win the division.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the o-line being a question mark, that seems to be the norm in these parts. Cary Williams was awful and you or I could have done better. Browner isn't replacing CW at CB2, that's Lanes job. Browner's role is probably to stick with the big TE's cause he's more physical and knowing the system is an added advantage. After TC is over, Fred Jackson might not be on this team since they reloaded on the RB position and having a third down pass catching back has been addressed as well. The team actually has less question marks then last year which is a good thing and even if Palmer has another great year, Seattle can still win the division.

So moving up the depth chart the corner that failed to replace Cary Williams last year and has struggled to even stay healthy and adding Browner, who was just utter ass. I thought Cary Williams was really bad too last year, but Browner made him look like Revis by comparison. You hope that was all just a bad team/coaching/scheme, etc, but that's a tough one.

Plus just another year of the heart of that team (the D) getting older.

Who did they add as their 3rd down back? Not Rawls, not Michael. Their Notre Dame rookie, Prosise is really untested as a RB, always banged up as a RB, and every scout called his help in pass blocking his most glaring weakness.