• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All were doing is re-signing guys.....

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical.....yawn :yawning:

.....Well it looks like Dunbars back, Greg Williams probably wanted this.

Rams | Jo-Lonn Dunbar re-signs
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 16:58:32 -0700
The St. Louis Rams re-signed LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar to a two-year deal Thursday, March 13, according to a source. The deal could be worth up to $3.5 million.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar was expected to re-sign. Williams does like Dunbar alot.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with this, actually. Slow and steady wins the race. Honestly, the only free agent I was really, REALLY hoping we'd get land Jairus Byrd. But, I don't think I would have liked the idea of shelling out nearly $10 million a year for a safety anyway, unless he was the second coming of Ronnie Lott. So, I'm okay with that fish getting away.

I think everyone knew the Rams were gonna be pretty quiet in free agency this year. With the Robert Griffin trade still bearing very valuable fruit, expect the Rams to make the bulk of their noise in the draft.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the same way, I wanted us to make a play for Byrd or Verner. Honestly, most folks were surprised Verner ended up in Tampa.
Davin Joseph deal is almost done. Colleson from Arizona is another OL coming in. Kenny Britt is coming in to meet with the Rams. So is Antonio Smith.
I am very ok with what they are doing. They are also fairly well mapping out how the draft will go.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the same way, I wanted us to make a play for Byrd or Verner. Honestly, most folks were surprised Verner ended up in Tampa.
Davin Joseph deal is almost done. Colleson from Arizona is another OL coming in. Kenny Britt is coming in to meet with the Rams. So is Antonio Smith.
I am very ok with what they are doing. They are also fairly well mapping out how the draft will go.

its still early yet.......

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not familiar with Antonio Smith. Is he any good?

I'm ok with what the Rams are doing. They are retooling and resigning guys that are good players. They are letting the stiffs walk. Dahl, Finn, Williams etc.
And people/media are pissed that we let Clemens walk???? Really? Why? He was/is an awful QB that didn't have to throw the football because Stacy ran it all over Defenses. When he did throw the football I know everyone was praying while the ball was sailing thru the air. I know I was.

WantedforHugs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I would find it necessary to splurge in FA is when we are a playoff team looking to become a super bowl team, and I'm not sure we are there yet. I think most of us wanted Byrd but again it's a contract that's out of our range at the time being. Draft a strong core group of guys, retain our talent, and get these young guys experience. Plus next offseason is going to be a huge year for us, we have a couple of guys needing restructuring JL55, Chris Long, and Bradford. Quinn will also be looking for an extension.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of that list Icefreeze, I fully expect Stewart, Sims, and maybe Quinn to re-sign. Everyone else was and are stiffs expecially Giordano.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Free-Agent Tracker - ESPN

check this out, has some ratings on the players too. The Rams are not doing good at all.

Once again, quit listening to the media when it comes to football. It's like listening to the media when it comes to politics.

Here's proof........
Last year the Seattle Seahawks were said to have the worst draft and FA period. How did that turn out for them?

Last year the Miami Dolphins were told to have the best FA period. How did that work for them? They signed a bunch of guys and were a pretty terrible team last year.

So if ESPN said we're doing bad, then we're probably doing good. All they care about is the Dallas Cowboys, NE Patriots, and teams that are blowing their loads on overpriced free agents.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, quit listening to the media when it comes to football. It's like listening to the media when it comes to politics.

Here's proof........
Last year the Seattle Seahawks were said to have the worst draft and FA period. How did that turn out for them?

Last year the Miami Dolphins were told to have the best FA period. How did that work for them? They signed a bunch of guys and were a pretty terrible team last year.

So if ESPN said we're doing bad, then we're probably doing good. All they care about is the Dallas Cowboys, NE Patriots, and teams that are blowing their loads on overpriced free agents.

They Rams aren't doing good because they haven't made a single move yet and the biggest accomplishment was re-signing a player that failure a physical.... Not saying I didn't want them to keep Rodger but I'm very disappointed with the team at this point. Last off-season we were pro-active and our team got better.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Rams aren't doing good because they haven't made a single move yet and the biggest accomplishment was re-signing a player that failure a physical.... Not saying I didn't want them to keep Rodger but I'm very disappointed with the team at this point. Last off-season we were pro-active and our team got better.

Saffold incident was a weird one for sure. However, you don't think the Rams fully knew about his shoulder? You know the Rams gave him a physical before he left for the Raiders right? The Raiders overpaid and they knew it. They had second thoughts and reneged. Saffold is a strong signing because of how well he played last season at Guard.
I find it had to believe you even read my post above. I'm not picking on you Ice but would you really want to overpay for those guys that were on the market? You also know there is a pending draft coming where we have 3 picks in the first 45 picks right? Possibly more if we trade out. Maybe the Rams FO feels like we made enough moves in the last couple of years to feel comfortable signing a couple of needed vets and going into the draft and picking up young talent.
Also Rich Isen (sp) on Siriusxm brought up a good point. He said the Rams can't continue to pick up high priced FA's atm. They can't have all of their money tied up in players on their oline or Dline. They need to invest in the draft. Which I completely agree with.

Here's another laughable stat i found on your link.

Bill Polian's grades for the Rams players....

Chris Williams & Shelly smith both brought in "B" grades, and Roger Saffold a "C" grade.......:gaah::gaah::gaah:

Are you kidding me? Shelly and Chris were our two worst linemen. Hell Rick Gannon Called Chris Williams one of the worst guards he's ever seen. lol. :yahoo:

Ok im done

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
54 days till the draft and counting.....

aka 54 days of hearing alternating opinions on what the rams should do in FA

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

ESPN isn't saying we're doing badly... they're saying we're not creating enough hype... err... news for them to report.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the nail on the head Caynine! I am so tired of the liberal bias at ESPN. They can go suck a very large rock as far as I am concerned. They report a lot of hype unless it ends up on 30 for 30 and then it is about sensationalism.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris Williams & Shelly smith both brought in "B" grades, and Roger Saffold a "C" grade.......:gaah::gaah::gaah:

Are you kidding me? Shelly and Chris were our two worst linemen. Hell Rick Gannon Called Chris Williams one of the worst guards he's ever seen. lol. :yahoo:

Ok im done
Bill Polian is right less than a broken clock. Id be more worried if we did something he approved of

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media loves fantasy stats. That's what they talk about. All they praise are skill position players and who's team has the most sex appeal. Most media heads say very few intelligent things about the game itself, just as other have previously stated.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saffold incident was a weird one for sure. However, you don't think the Rams fully knew about his shoulder? You know the Rams gave him a physical before he left for the Raiders right? The Raiders overpaid and they knew it. They had second thoughts and reneged. Saffold is a strong signing because of how well he played last season at Guard.
I find it had to believe you even read my post above. I'm not picking on you Ice but would you really want to overpay for those guys that were on the market? You also know there is a pending draft coming where we have 3 picks in the first 45 picks right? Possibly more if we trade out. Maybe the Rams FO feels like we made enough moves in the last couple of years to feel comfortable signing a couple of needed vets and going into the draft and picking up young talent.
Also Rich Isen (sp) on Siriusxm brought up a good point. He said the Rams can't continue to pick up high priced FA's atm. They can't have all of their money tied up in players on their oline or Dline. They need to invest in the draft. Which I completely agree with.

Here's another laughable stat i found on your link.

Ok im done

Yeah I know you're not making persona;, it's all good. I agree with you, I thought William's ranking was really weird by Polian. I assume Saffold ultra low grade had to do with injury problems. Don't get me wrong I really wanted to bring him back, I think our team is better when hes playing OG (which we all kinda agree he's a better OG than OT) and I'm glad its a multi-year deal. That tracker it better for just seeing who is signing who then the actual integrity of the rankings, I agree.

But it would've been nice to bring in a few of those defensive players (there were a lot of pretty good DBs out there and a few nice LBs). There were also a few good OTs out there that we should've have ATTEMPTED to sign! I'm looking at the 9ers, the Hawks, and even the Cardinals and they have all brought in better players, hell, the 9ers lost their Safety and bring in one who is probably a little bit better! AND THEY DIDN'T BREAK THE BANK DOING IT! The Cardinals not only brought in Veldheer to play tackle, they also brought in Dywer (a younger cheaper replacement for the retiring Mendenhall) and Ted Ginn! I'm not saying we should bring in Ted Ginn or anyone like that, but there is a few players who would be able to help our team and it really seems we're not putting any effort into free agency. Again, Saffold fell back into our hands. We're in [probably] the best division in football, and not only is it the best, its growing the quickest and all the teams are young! I like to take pride our division, and it was a joke for a long time, that is not the case anymore, if we're not getting better, we're getting worse.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Polian is right less than a broken clock. Id be more worried if we did something he approved of

Polian looks at value, so overpaying Saffold (admittedly less than the Raiders were, lol) probably factors into his rating. Smith and Williams were extremely cheap. He's probably also taking the Raiders' "failed physical" at face value, even though there are reports that the Raiders' doctors had already cleared him before the failed physical report came out.