• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Time Broncos .. Top 10 Favorites

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chris Harris thread has got me thinking of All Time Top 10 Favorite Broncos ... I understand the biggies -the Denver Broncos have had a ton of all time great players - but I think we all might have favorites that may not be obvious choices ..

How about a Top 10 All Time Favorite Broncos, with an additional 10 Honorable Mentions / Too Early To Say / Wasn't With The Team Long Enough

It you want to explain why a certain guy makes your list, let's hear it !!

Top 10:

10) Haven Moses .. The guy who got me started on the Broncos ..A picture in a Sports Illustrated I saw in 1975 - along with the Sunoco gas sticker books - got the ball rolling for me

9) Jordan Norwood .. All class, and I loved his fearless punt returns

8) Reggie Rivers .. Another class guy who epitomized the early.mid 90s Broncos

7) Jake Plummer .. Loved his style of QBing and seems like a great guy

6) Louis Wright .. Early/Mid 80s Broncos, I love 'em .. Great memories, and Wright double blocked FG return vs The Bolts in 1985 stands as one of my most memorable Bronco moments

5 ) Vance Johnson .. More 80s greatness .. Vance was one cool MFer, and his 4th down catch and run vs the Oilers in that playoff game was the best

4) Steve Atwater ,, The Smiling Assassin .. His play on Christian Okoye and the pass defended in the GB Super Bowl where he and Randy Hilliard looked KO'd are two of a ton of classic plays ...

3) Terrell Davis .. Another guy who was not only the best of his time and created a ton of memories, but a truly nice person .. Humble and likeable

2) Tim Tebow .. As a person, probably #1 on the list .. As a Bronco fan, how can you not love a guy who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, yet carried a franchise back from the dead and gave us the most improbable and exciting season in team history ..

1) John Elway .. No explanation necessary .. The greatest QB ever

Honorable Mentions, etc

1) Chris Harris Jr .. on any given day, he jumps from this list ( practice squad ) to the Top 10 All Time ( the active roster )

2) Alton Montgomery .. the guy was like a car with no brakes accelerating down a ski jump .. I still remember the hit he put on Joe Montana in the preseason game vs the 9ers the following year after they destroyed us in the SB

3) Drew Lock ... what could have been

4) Quinn Meinerz .. it's too early .. I think

5) Tyrone Braxton .. like Harris, on any given day, he could go back to the Top 10 All Time

6) Bill Romanowski . yes, I know ..he doesn't make the All Time list because as much as I love him with the Broncos, I hated him off the Bronocs

7) Phillip Lindsay .. same as Drew Lock ... I thought we had some great young talent that would carry us for a decade

8) Josey Jewell .. wrong era .. he could have been Glen Cadrez on the SB team

9) Ed McCaffery .. darn fine WR on the best team ever

10a and 10b ) .. Omar Bolden and David Bruton .. I'm putting them together because I have great memories of both on those teams from a deacde+ ago

This was near impossible .. I've left off a ton of players I love

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10:
John Elway
Rod Smith
Shannon Sharpe
Steve Atwater
Peyton Manning
Demaryius Thomas
Champ Bailey
Von Miller
Terrell Davis
Randy Gradishar

Honorable:
Clinton Portis
Tom Nalen
Dennis Smith
Jason Elam
Justin Simmons
Chris Harris Jr.
Al Wilson

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to do this and it became way too heard. So I have created my own rules for myself.

Making a top 20 (Not exactly ranking them either) of all time favorite players who haven't played in the past 10 years or so.

1. Vance Johnson
2. Wymon Henderson
3. Darrien Gordon
4. Tyrone Braxton
5. Ray Crockett
6. Mark Jackson
7. Terrell Davis
8. John Elway
9. Rod Smith
10. Steve Atwater
11. Darrius Johnson
12. Tatum Bell
13. Mike Harden
14. Dennis Smith
15. Al Wilson
16. John Mobley
17. Ian Gold
18. Alton Montgomery (After all the guy did wave at me before a game when I was a kid)
19. Shannon Sharpe
20. Brandon Marshall (the LB wouldn't qualify by my self imposed rules for myself)

**This way still way too hard even with my own rules** ;)

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tebow in top 10 and no Payton Manning on OP's list not to mention Drew Lock, Lindsay etc... on honorable mention makes me not take this seriously.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tebow in top 10 and no Payton Manning on OP's list not to mention Drew Lock, Lindsay etc... on honorable mention makes me not take this seriously.
This question will depend on how long a person has been a fan. I have 64 years of players to cram a top ten in - but some guys as still youngsters or come lately fans.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would my own opinion discredit a list ??

I wasn't asking for your opinion of my list .. The thread was about who you like

We all have personal stories as to why someone may or may no be on a personal list

Sounds like you would prefer to have a list AI generated based on stats or salaries

kinda a sad commentary when someone has an easier time being critical of another fan's favorites .. and then they don't even post anything themselves

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This question will depend on how long a person has been a fan. I have 64 years of players to cram a top ten in - but some guys as still youngsters or come lately fans.
Been a fan since 1975

8 years old

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess B Marsh technically didn’t qualify by my own rules so I see an opportunity to add one person. Hmmm let’s go with Eddie Mc.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess B Marsh technically didn’t qualify by my own rules so I see an opportunity to add one person. Hmmm let’s go with Eddie Mc.
Cheater. He SAID TEN EACH!!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if I had known we could brazenly change the rule to top 20, my list would have been very different!

One distinction that I left out. I loved Emmanuel Sanders. Can't believe I left him off of my list.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite 10 in no particular order, and subject to revision.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Terrell Davis
3. Emanuel Sanders
4. Von Miller
5. Steve Atwater
6. Al Wilson
7. Chris Harris Jr.
8. Champ Bailey
9. Clinton Portis
10. Pat Surtain II

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you gat a thousand post I will actual read this post...I decided to edit this a little .. We all get grumpy lighten up if you think I am being a jerk . I am not ,that was joke some what .

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't asking for your opinion of my list .. The thread was about who you like

We all have personal stories as to why someone may or may no be on a personal list

Sounds like you would prefer to have a list AI generated based on stats or salaries

kinda a sad commentary when someone has an easier time being critical of another fan's favorites .. and then they don't even post anything themselves
Thank you for being my little buddy .. We love you the way you are .. I love all the players you did as well . Some them got the shaft . all the same they gave it all

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No order:
John Elway
Terrell Davis
Al Wilson
Steve Atwater
Karl Mecklenburg
Champ Bailey
Clinton Portis
Rod Smith
Dennis Smith
Peyton Manning

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bit of an over reaction to me poking a little fun at your list, but if I offended my apologies.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway
Terrell Davis
Steve Atwater
Karl Mecklenburg
Floyd Little
Rod Smith
Luis Wright
Champ Bailey
Alfred Williams
Shannon Sharpe

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the players like TD , Rod Smith ,Chris Harris and Carl Mecklenburg ... And Shannon Sharp Tom Nailen

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway
Terrell Davis
Steve Atwater
Karl Mecklenburg
Floyd Little
Rod Smith
Luis Wright
Champ Bailey
Alfred Williams
Shannon Sharpe
I went back and forth on Alfred Williams.