• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Star Weekend GNT

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can sedin reach that high?

With a ladder he can.

So the way I saw it was this: Sedin is pissed cause ...well he is a Sedin. He paid Burrows to burrow his way under ice and at the right moment bite Chars big toe and make a man trampoline so Sedin ( who cares which one) could jump off and get a elbow in

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a ladder he can.

So the way I saw it was this: Sedin is pissed cause ...well he is a Sedin. He paid Burrows to burrow his way under ice and at the right moment bite Chars big toe and make a man trampoline so Sedin ( who cares which one) could jump off and get a elbow in

i did see that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that the shitshow is over. lets get the best part of the regular season underway. the half after the all star break is some great fucking hockey

GO HOCKEY GO

going to be a sweet last half (yes I know its more than half over) so close to the trading deadline. I hope the deals come 2 to 3 weeks earlier for the big ones so we can see the teams gel with their new players.

fuck Im pumped for the second part

GO HOCKEY GO

god I hate all star games. but like the break

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get to see much to actually evaluate players in these games but I noticed a few things.

- I hate the fucker but Kris Letang has got great hands for a defenseman. He's the only guy on the blueline who can hold a candle to Karlsson in the skill department.

- Marian Hossa can't not be a two-way player.

- Tim Thomas seems so douchy to me... but he's goddam incredible.

- Claude Giroux is crazy skilled and smaller than I thought.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- I hate the fucker but Kris Letang has got great hands for a defenseman. He's the only guy on the blueline who can hold a candle to Karlsson in the skill department.

With the Sedins, Alfie and Karlsson, he did not look out of place at all. Coulda changed his name to Letanggssen. That was enjoyable to watch.

Datsyuk is just... wow.

Malkin's goal in the first was one of the best I've seen in a long time, but the play of the game IMO was Hartnell to Giroux.

Why didn't the rookies play in the game? Was there a rookie game or were they just there as window dressing and skills filler? I have been out of the loop. Although, I was somewhat pleased when Spezza was out there and for a moment I thought "Oh, there's Johansen". Those comparisons between them at the same stage are valid. I just hope RyJo develops to be as complete as Jason has.

I hope that no one makes a big deal out of Gaborik's "gun" thing.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Sedins, Alfie and Karlsson, he did not look out of place at all. Coulda changed his name to Letanggssen. That was enjoyable to watch.

Datsyuk is just... wow.

Malkin's goal in the first was one of the best I've seen in a long time, but the play of the game IMO was Hartnell to Giroux.

Why didn't the rookies play in the game? Was there a rookie game or were they just there as window dressing and skills filler? I have been out of the loop. Although, I was somewhat pleased when Spezza was out there and for a moment I thought "Oh, there's Johansen". Those comparisons between them at the same stage are valid. I just hope RyJo develops to be as complete as Jason has.

The Rookies were involved in the Skills competition like last year. They aren't allowed to play in the game itself.

I thought what Gaborik did was fine. He & Lundqvist are teammates. Gaborik has Hanks number. LOL

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Datsyuk is just... wow.

1) There is no young stars/rookie game anymore. Used to be kinda fun. I don't know why tehy got rid of it.

2) I haven't watched that many NHL games from RyJo (maybe 8-10 this year in addition to maybe 20 junior games last year) but I don't see him being a Spezza. This isn't a condemnation of Johansen by any means. Spezza was a freak from age 10. He has had more skill than anyone on the ice in 99.5% of the games he's played in his life. Johansen is more of a late bloomer who has had to, and will have to even more, think the game better than a pure skill guy like Spezza. He's one of my favourite prospects. I think he's a quick study but, other than his skating style, I don't think he compares to Spezza. I think his style compares well to a guy like Patrice Bergeron. Hopefully for you guys he can reach that sort of potential.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get to see much to actually evaluate players in these games but I noticed a few things.

He's silky smooooooth. Him and Karlsson together was amazing to watch. This type of game helps Tanger though...he can pinch all he wants.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
i quite enjoyed Hartnell's commentary today

"suck it, phaneuf!"