• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All-Star Game Rigged?

xXTrellXx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually expecting a little bit more from All-Star weekend. such as maybe a 4 point line this year, and it's sad that the best part from the whole weekend... was the skills challenge. The dunk contest get's worse every year, the 3pt contest is aight I guess, and it's leaving us hopeless when it comes to games like the All-star and Pro-bowls.

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do admit the slam dunk contest needs to be revamped.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3pt contest could also need some work, maybe adding some bonus 4pt spots would add some spice.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last dunk by DSJ was badly over-scored just to force Diallo to try on his last dunk, I'll give you that much. The AS game rigged? To what end? It's just a bunch of guys shooting 3s with the occasional dunk thrown in, and Team Giannis missed what, 17 of them in the fourth?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the game was a decent one. Some impressive moments. And solid ball late.

Didn't watch anything else.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The All star game Sunday was alright - can't say it has ever had any meaning to it. Worthless event really. I kind of think that it was more important for LeBron to win it since he was the team captain and has been directing who plays with him. He needed to win in order to keep others from saying his loss proves he doesn't know who to choose as team mates

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,436.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually expecting a little bit more from All-Star weekend. such as maybe a 4 point line this year, and it's sad that the best part from the whole weekend... was the skills challenge. The dunk contest get's worse every year, the 3pt contest is aight I guess, and it's leaving us hopeless when it comes to games like the All-star and Pro-bowls.

All star game is rigged but not as much as the regular season is. .. Follow the money and you'll find your champion...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the contest needs to be revamped necessarily, but judging needs to change drastically.

They need to create a scoring rubric that seeks to differentiate scoring more. They have a 10 point scale, but because of the way they score, it ends up being a 4 point scale which is galactically stupid.

Here is what I suggest:

0- missed attempt that lacked creativity, high difficulty or flair
1- missed attempt that had some creativity, some difficulty or some flair
2- missed attempt high in difficulty or creativity
3- missed attempt high in both difficulty and creativity

All other scores use extensions of the same criterion

4-6- weak dunks low on creativity and often executed after the first attempt: example: John Collins Tuskegee Airman dunk
7- solid dunks executed after first attempt- example: DSJ's final dunk
8- really strong dunk executed after first try, or a solid dunk on try 1: example- Either of Diallo's second round dunks
9- really strong dunk, or an all time great dunk executed after first attempt. - Can't get a 10 if you miss your first try: Example- DSJ's J Cole dunk
10- Alltime great dunk made on the first attempt- example: Diallo Superman

Lastly, I don't think they need to cut any competitors when they start with 4. 3 dunks for everybody, best aggregate score wins.

The problem with this year's contest was that they had a 2 man final that was over once DSJ missed. That and Diallo got no credit for his insane first round dunk in the Final. So, the judges chose to inflate DSJ's scores to make it interesting.

Lame.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know that the dunk contest needs to be revamped, imo. It needs star players in it like it used to have.

It's nice for guys like Diallo, DSJ, etc. to get some exposure....but folks want to see The Greek Freak, Lebron, etc. That would generate a lot more interest, imo.

The dunk contest was far more interesting and fun when guys like MJ, Nique, Kobe, Dwight, etc. participated.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that the dunk contest needs to be revamped, imo. It needs star players in like it used to have.

It's nice for guys like Diallo, DSJ, etc. to get some exposure....but folks want to see The Greek Freak, Lebron, etc. That's would generate a lot more interest, imo.

The dunk contest was far more interesting and fun when guys like MJ, Nique, Kobe, Dwight, etc. participated.

Back in the day the dunk contest was great. Never understood why more whtie guys don't enter that event though. Wait a minute. I remember why now.

downloadcxxz.jpg :heh:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that the dunk contest needs to be revamped, imo. It needs star players in it like it used to have.

It's nice for guys like Diallo, DSJ, etc. to get some exposure....but folks want to see The Greek Freak, Lebron, etc. That would generate a lot more interest, imo.

This.

Make it worth their while and go back to the old rules. A miss is a miss. No retry.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sick of people saying the dunk contest needs to be revamped.

It need guys to miss less and some star power.

But guys missing less is more important than star power.

We all loved 2016 Lavine vs Gordon because those guys were doing some sick dunks and not needing 5 attempts to complete it.

For example those dunks Bridges attempted were sick but he couldn't connect.

Next year the star power will be there assuming Zion is in it as we all expect but as an NBA die hard I care less about star power

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last dunk by DSJ was badly over-scored just to force Diallo to try on his last dunk, I'll give you that much. The AS game rigged? To what end? It's just a bunch of guys shooting 3s with the occasional dunk thrown in, and Team Giannis missed what, 17 of them in the fourth?

Yeah saying the AS game was rigged is silly.

Team Lebron got hot from 3. Team Giannis got cold.

Team Lebron had a much better team anyway.

Had to expect in a open game like that, there would be a comeback by them

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of people saying the dunk contest needs to be revamped.

It need guys to miss less and some star power.

But guys missing less is more important than star power.

We all loved 2016 Lavine vs Gordon because those guys were doing some sick dunks and not needing 5 attempts to complete it.

For example those dunks Bridges attempted were sick but he couldn't connect.

Next year the star power will be there assuming Zion is in it as we all expect but as an NBA die hard I care less about star power

Those are some good points.

I'd still like to see some more star power, but I agree about fewer misses being more important. Watching a guy miss the same dunk over and over just becomes unwatchable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah saying the AS game was rigged is silly.

Team Lebron got hot from 3. Team Giannis got cold.

Team Lebron had a much better team anyway.

Had to expect in a open game like that, there would be a comeback by them

Like, I believe it was Lebron, said after the game...in a game like that, with players like that, a lead can disappear very quickly.