• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Star Game In Atlanta

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there's been plenty of evidence of people voting multiple times in the November election......
God, are people dense or what? Voters don't vote multiple times, political partisans vote multiple times through either mailed ballots that don't find their intended voter, or they vote for people who are no longer eligible to vote but are still on the roles. That is how "dead" people voted.

Finally, we got an answer to whether or not my daughter after moving to Texas (and informing Illinois that she had moved), actually voted. We found out that she had. Although, she had not. So how did she vote? Someone cast a vote in her name. She was not formally removed from the rolls until she was called for jury duty 6 years after she moved away. At first, we could not get an answer as to our question as to her voting, We were told it would be illegal to tell her and she should know if she voted or not. We also found out that all votes that were ostensibly hers were cast as absentee ballots. But of course there was no voter fraud in her case, how do we know? We know because no one was prosecuted so legally it did not occur.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, are people dense or what? Voters don't vote multiple times, political partisans vote multiple times through either mailed ballots that don't find their intended voter, or they vote for people who are no longer eligible to vote but are still on the roles. That is how "dead" people voted.

Finally, we got an answer to whether or not my daughter after moving to Texas (and informing Illinois that she had moved), actually voted. We found out that she had. Although, she had not. So how did she vote? Someone cast a vote in her name. She was not formally removed from the rolls until she was called for jury duty 6 years after she moved away. At first, we could not get an answer as to our question as to her voting, We were told it would be illegal to tell her and she should know if she voted or not. We also found out that all votes that were ostensibly hers were cast as absentee ballots. But of course there was no voter fraud in her case, how do we know? We know because no one was prosecuted so legally it did not occur.
I get it... My cousin received a ballot in the mail prior to the November election in Lombard, IL. He's been dead over a decade.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting how some people’s first approach is always “we‘re going to sue you”. “You just wait and see, the courts will make you do what we want”. But then when someone else threatens a lawsuit you just start crying and saying that they’re being mean to you. Why not let baseball run baseball the way they want to.
Apples to oranges. People who signed contracts with a party, but that party voids the agreement because of no legal reason, the first instinct is always to sue no? Someone screaming I’ll sue because they called them a bad name is different isn’t it? Georgia’s law is actually rather progressive if you actually know what the word progress means.

Just like every other professional sports league, this a woke gesture because pro athletes with real moral compass’ don’t stand up. If MLB was serious about their ignorance of the bill they wouldn’t allow the Braves to play in Georgia let alone continue with the name Braves.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples to oranges. People who signed contracts with a party, but that party voids the agreement because of no legal reason, the first instinct is always to sue no? Someone screaming I’ll sue because they called them a bad name is different isn’t it? Georgia’s law is actually rather progressive if you actually know what the word progress means.

Just like every other professional sports league, this a woke gesture because pro athletes with real moral compass’ don’t stand up. If MLB was serious about their ignorance of the bill they wouldn’t allow the Braves to play in Georgia let alone continue with the name Braves.

or be trying to grow their presence in China...

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without question you are correct. I asked earlier, will Dave Roberts manage the Dodgers when they play Atlanta, and what if the Braves are in the World Series?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MLB doesn’t own the teams, they are franchises.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible precedent set here by MLB and they are open to multiple huge lawsuits.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone even watch the All Star game anymore? I remember it being an event back in the 60s and 70s and it really meant something to the players. Its just an exhibition game now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB doesn’t own the teams, they are franchises.
Point? Atlanta has a franchise in Georgia. MLB is well within their rights to not sanction any games in Georgia or force them to play on the road, just as they did with their fake woke gesture of the All Star game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point? Atlanta has a franchise in Georgia. MLB is well within their rights to not sanction any games in Georgia or force them to play on the road, just as they did with their fake woke gesture of the All Star game.

what point do you think I was trying to make?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad for Denver getting to host an All-Star Game. All the city needs now is an MLB franchise...

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Manfred will take a real stand and cancel his membership at Augusta

I bet he doesnt

hypocritical asshole

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Manfred will take a real stand and cancel his membership at Augusta

I bet he doesnt

hypocritical asshole
I hope the Braves are in the World Series. Manfred's Kabuki dance would be great to watch.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused, I was channel surfing and came across a game being played between the Phillies and the Braves IN ATLANTA. Didn't they get Manfred's memo about those nasty Republicans.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how bad you have to be at your job to not be able to show that millionaires and billionaires plus 100k fans not coming to your area hurts local business….