• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All on Lou

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was so obvious that 29th had to be given up last years and not even has to be discussed as it was Lou's another big mistake. He did good and bad things for the team. But lately, mostly bad. Sorry to say - age takes over. No energy and excitements from doing his job. He should step down or show that he still have some gas left in his tank.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats my major beef with elias. he isnt a true go to star on this team imo. he is a great great out of the spotlight support player. i think thats one of the reasons why he lost the "C" and hasnt got it back. but everyone is all over him cause he has the team records in points and goals is it? granted you stay anywhere for 18 years as a forward your going to put up some numbers. he also makes a ton of bone head plays with his drop passes or no look passes. our powerplay is horrible yet hes out there all the time and he is the playmaker?

marty my biggest gripe with him is before last year he couldnt steal a playoff series let alone a game when it mattered. call out bad defense but bottom line is when the cards were down roy came to play and was the most clutch goalie i've ever seen play hands down. going into game 6 on the road to get a shutout and win the cup in game 7. heck remember the canes series a few years back. devils going into carolina for game 6 to clinch. whats he do? lets in the gwg with 2 seconds left. whats he do in game 7? gives up 2 goals in the final 3 mins on cheesy goals

but im the bad guy for saying this? sorry if you want to be great then you have to be willing to take the blame when its time for it no free passes

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but to get back to what started all this on elias. your in the middle of a 10 game losing streak that ties for the worst in franchise history. do you know how hard it is to do that? that was a pretty bad team back in the 80s. and elias cant step up be a voice in the locker room? (maybe he was) but i doubt it. make a play lead something! to me that is GREATNESS he just isnt that type of player

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have more of a problem with Elias than Marty... Yes Elias can score some goals... but in the last few years, he has made more plays that have pissed me off more than he has made plays that I am happy with. I really think he is a hinderance on the PP and until he is off it, we will have the terrible PP of the last 5 years..... He is just TOO fancy with the puck and 98% of the time it doesnt work.. but we all praise him the 2% chance it does.... If he wants to grind it out infront of the net and get the dirty goals thats fine... but this sideboard no angle shot crap has got to stop.... it hasnt worked for the last 5 years and wont work for the next 5. I said before I really thought our PP would improve once Oates left.... but its the same.... I think its the whole setup and concept... I just hate the positioning of our guys.... no one is ever in front and we have the extra skater??? Maybe Im not suppose to understand... but I do understand how horrible it is.... HELL we cant even score 5 on 3... how many of those did we blow this year?????

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats what im saying about the powerplay. elias is this "great" playmaker heck you have 900pts? almost 400g and every devils team in recent memory has had a horrible powerplay.

granted last night he scores a nice powerplay goal so i guess i shouldnt make this post. lol yeah right!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
havent seen anyone mention that the division will be changed next year and it will be insanely more difficult imo to get into the playoffs.

having the pens/flyers/caps/rangers/islanders all of which are playoff teams minus the flyers but i still believe are good enough to get in.

thats 4 of the 5 spots that our divison could get factoring the two wild cards.

why i mention this is because the team will have to be A LOT better to make the playoffs or we could very well miss them again and forfeit a top 15 pick

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is true that about the 3 guys you cannot criticize are Marty, Elias and Lou.
Have they earned that kind of protection to criticism? I can't argue against that either. I for one don't have a problem saying Marty gave up a bad goal, or Lou shouldn't have done this or Elias stunk last night. At the same time, I know I will face a counter argument talking about these guys.

Funny, but after the post was made, weren't those guys the stars of last night's game? I know Lou didn't play, but Sullivan was a Lou move so I can substitute the 2 of them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no one is immune to criticism if your still playing a major role on the team and getting major bucks you can never be protected.

your right it was a good game played by all last night guess since the pressure if off them its time for them to show up. hopefully the canes and jets can win so we can wreck the rangers playoff chances on sunday.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
oh man, that would definitely bring up the season grade to about a D+ or even C-

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man, that would definitely bring up the season grade to about a D+ or even C-

And I'd bump that up to a C+ if the Rangers miss and win the lottery, only to have that pick go to Columbus.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rags would need some help from us to miss playoffs