• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All on Lou

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's Parise leave without getting anything for him. Then doesn't replace him with a talent anywhere near Parise's level. We go into the season with Kovy as our only legitimate scorer. What did he think would happen if Kovy went out for any amount of time?

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not capable to think well anymore. Old fashioned GM. It is time for him to step down.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +10000000000000000000000000000000

parise is the nail in lous coffin.

still cant think of him as a greatest gm of all time. you cant let all the devils talent in recent memory just up and walk. esp if you dont see the writing on the walls? every player leaving brought this cliff closer and closer. i also think not giving up last years pick was a HUGE insane mistake

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He is not capable to think well anymore. Old fashioned GM. It is time for him to step down.

this organization has lou-aide all through its veins. they need to gut everything like tearing down an old house.

when was the last time albany fielded a winning team? outside king slayer what devil draft pick outside the top round has stepped in and done anything?

too many of uncle lous players are in the system coaching these kids. t-bone our goalie coach? no wonder frazze or kinkaide cant crack the lineup during two 8 game losing streaks!

stevens defense? enough said!

his son albany gm?

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with you nj_cup. The same as firing Julien when we won the division - wasn't it stupid? Look at the Boston team now...???

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey now, there's no more ex devils from the 90s still playing right? we have them all no?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still keeping the faith. It's tough to replace a guy like Parise, especially when all of the best free agents were off the market by the time he made his decision. I also don't see the future being as grim as everyone else does. We're in a great spot in terms of our cap situation, especially compared to some other teams.

We have this Reid Boucher character in the system, Matteau could ultimately be a better version of Clarkson, Merrill and Urbom should be making there way up to the big club soon enough. Henrique is in a sophmore slump, that just about everybody goes through, I have faith he'll bounce back. If Loki re-signs that was a steal. And then we may get a really good impact draft pick this year. It's not all doom and gloom guys.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good post NM.
Nobody is happy, but lets stop acting like ranger fans here.
Parise is gone. Forget him. There was NOBODY on the market that could replace him, and its not easy to just trade for a guy like Parise because teams do not just give them away for free. This is not a video game.

Last year's run, nobody was questioning the Devils moves.
Of course I also don't agree with all of Lou's moves. I would have gave up the Devils first round pick in a heartbeat. Yea, its easy to criticize the move now.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One more thing. Venting is fine, but does anybody want the Devils to somehow miraculously win every game and somehow sneak into the playoffs this year? I don't. This team will get spanked.
Few weeks ago?
I would not have said this at all. I felt the team could get on a roll and go deep.
Now, no way. There is 0 confidence on this team right now. Even with Kovy back, I don't see this team going far.
They are better off losing the games. I am not suggesting tanking games. Give us the effort but I want Lou to see this team has trouble scoring goals. Its evident and needs to be addressed in the offseason.

Here is how I feel about this team.
Before the season, I was thinking 7-8 seed. But I am a fan, so of course I will bump them up a bit.
Then the hot start, I was thinking wow, this team might actually be top 3 in conference.
Finally, the team started losing. Now I don't think the team is as bad as the last 6 weeks indicate, but I also do not think they are the team that was winning early on.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree RP, I dont want them to win out and make the playoffs.... why do that and face the Pens in the first.... we will be bounced in 4. Then everyone will be mad about that... we are going nowhere this year and I have accepted that. With that being said, I dont want Kovy to rush back for that reason... why risk further or permanite injury? for a season that is lost.

I do dissagree with the whole "its hard to replace or trade for the talent of Parise... no one was available that was as good" comments. The problem is, Parise should have never been in a spot to leave. That is all on Lou. He has to get over this wait until contracts are up BS because that is how you lose talent. Someone like Parise and his talent level needs to be recongized and signed long term. We had the money, it could have been done... it wasnt..... its a familiar story and they walk and we get NOTHING in return. No reason he couldnt have been locked up the year before.... but thats Lou and look at his team now.... its the reason we have a bunch of 3rd and 4th line talent that cant score... 0-10, back to back shutout loses.... His face at the games is priceless.... the sad thing is, the team is outplaying all these teams... they just cant score at all....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was talking about after Parise signed with the Wild, but I cannot disagree with anything you posted.

Funny, he failed to sign Parise which right now looks like a huge mistake.
Then he actually did sign Zajac which (I hope I am wrong) might be a mistake.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. Venting is fine, but does anybody want the Devils to somehow miraculously win every game and somehow sneak into the playoffs this year? I don't. This team will get spanked.
Few weeks ago?
I would not have said this at all. I felt the team could get on a roll and go deep.
Now, no way. There is 0 confidence on this team right now. Even with Kovy back, I don't see this team going far.
They are better off losing the games. I am not suggesting tanking games. Give us the effort but I want Lou to see this team has trouble scoring goals. Its evident and needs to be addressed in the offseason.

Here is how I feel about this team.
Before the season, I was thinking 7-8 seed. But I am a fan, so of course I will bump them up a bit.
Then the hot start, I was thinking wow, this team might actually be top 3 in conference.
Finally, the team started losing. Now I don't think the team is as bad as the last 6 weeks indicate, but I also do not think they are the team that was winning early on.

Pretty much agree 100%. 2/3 weeks ago, pre trade deadline when we were still in the playoffs, I was fully on board. Now, you can see certain guys have completely packed it in.

I agree we're not as bad as this current streak we're on. I don't think we're a team of 3rd liners with no talent. There is some weird mindset the team is in, maybe the revolving door on D screwed with guys heads, the loss of Parise, Kovy's injury, Marty's injury, Zubrus injury, impact a lockerroom that is already short on leaders. I think we're better off letting certain guys walk in the offseason and starting a youth movement.

We don't need some drastic, blow the team up style of offseason, but more of a trim the fat, tweaking of the roster offseason.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He honestly thought Parise was gonna stay, he didn't and the Zajac signing had to be done or we'd all be bitching about letting him walk too

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to be honest and admit Lou fucked up the whole Parise situation otherwise we'd be in denial.
If Lou doesn't realize this team can't score, he's a moron.
I'm tired of drinking the "Lou juice". Shit is getting very stale.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all wish Parise was still here. But to rehash an old argument that we've had a million times, nobody knew what Parise would be like after coming off of a knee surgery that caused him to miss an entire season. If we had signed him prior to that year and he had a bum knee we'd be pissed.

I'll be critical of Lou for certain things, like re-signing Bryce for 3 years and giving him the captaincy. I think that handcuffs in a lot of ways.

It just seems like too many people here have a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't attitude toward Lou now. I'll say it again, we're not in terrible shape for the future.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being rehashed on it's own. Especially when this team can't score ONE FUCKING GOAL. Don't worry, the plethora of 3rd liners will pick up the slack. Fact is, in the old NHL, Lou was one of the best GM's. In the new NHL, he's towards the bottom.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Sal signing at all but Parise handcuffed this team not Lou... by pissing around and not deciding right away put us waaaay behind while everyone else was signing people we were waiting on Parise, only to be left at the altar