• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All NBA team

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point about DeAndre Jordan but do you really think PG was All NBA quality? I think not.

I would give guys like Kyrie, Klay, and Kat the nod before I even got to George.

So you said first team should be the best 5 players. What about 2nd and 3rd team? Same model or are you going the way of the current system?

I think it should be a lineup that could at least hypothetically appear together. LBJ and KD give them enough size, even though it is not a perfect lineup. I would not want a first team with 5 point guards. But 3 guards and 2 Forwards? 2 guards and 3 forwards? Why not. That is the direction the league is moving.

Similarly, IF Davis and KAT both command first team someday, they should both be on it.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all the guys you listed are important, inpactful players.

I also think that a player's position is less important in today's NBA than ever before. More and more players/ teams are going to positionless offenses where they use non-traditional lineups for large parts of the game.

All NBA teams should follow that mode too. First team should be the best 5 players in the league. ESPECIALLY when player contracts are tied to all NBA distinctions.

I really like DeAndre Jordan, but don't tell me he is more deserving of All NBA than Paul George is. This literally cost George $75 million.

If you remove DeAndre Jordan and substitute the next non-center, Paul George still doesn't make the team. Granted, who knows how the voting plays out if the voters could have voted for someone other than Jordan . . . but saying it cost George $75 million is ridiculous. I'd easily take a few guys on the honorable mention list over him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for Kyrie Irving....

He's in "other players receiving votes" with 14. You'll find him behind Hassan Whiteside and his 18 votes.

One Tristan Thompson seems to be missing as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you remove DeAndre Jordan and substitute the next non-center, Paul George still doesn't make the team. Granted, who knows how the voting plays out if the voters could have voted for someone other than Jordan . . . but saying it cost George $75 million is ridiculous. I'd easily take a few guys on the honorable mention list over him.

Not ridiculous at all.

Also, I am not saying George deserved to make the team. It is fact, however, that he would have been eligible to make 75 million more if he had. It is also fact that teams would be more willing to pay George more money than DJ on the open market. I made that point as an example.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ridiculous at all.

Also, I am not saying George deserved to make the team. It is fact, however, that he would have been eligible to make 75 million more if he had. It is also fact that teams would be more willing to pay George more money than DJ on the open market. I made that point as an example.

If you're saying that not making the team cost him $75 million, then yes, no argument here. I thought you were suggesting that the requirement that centers be listed cost him $75 million. I guess my point is that I'm not sure Paul George is a surefire top 15 player.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I mention that Whiteside had more votes than Kyrie, Klay Thompson, & Dame

I should have made my bet with @WiggyRuss more votes.
Anyway, I think KAT got screwed, but both he and Whiteside were more victim to the system then not as good as the players selected.
Pretty much if your team has a bad record you aren't getting the votes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need to change it to how the All STar voting is

the only "true" centers on that list are Gobert, Jordan, and Whiteside at this point

even Gasol you can make a case is playing a different role now a days....Cousins, Davis, Jokic- all play what would historically be considered more of a PF role.

the back to the basket center that doesnt have range and is a mediocre to below average passer is pretty much dead.

most of these guys are now athletes that can face the basket, shoot a 3, etc....

What they need to change is the crazy extra money that players can make or lose depending on these votes as well as weighing 1st team equal to 2nd and 3rd team as far as that goes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they need to change is the crazy extra money that players can make or lose depending on these votes as well as weighing 1st team equal to 2nd and 3rd team as far as that goes.

Yeah I think that is a little unfair IMO

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all the guys you listed are important, inpactful players.

I also think that a player's position is less important in today's NBA than ever before. More and more players/ teams are going to positionless offenses where they use non-traditional lineups for large parts of the game.

All NBA teams should follow that mode too. First team should be the best 5 players in the league. ESPECIALLY when player contracts are tied to all NBA distinctions.

I really like DeAndre Jordan, but don't tell me he is more deserving of All NBA than Paul George is. This literally cost George $75 million.

The Pacers lost Paul George 75 mil with that shittzy roster.

But, yeah....Deandre shouldn't have made it over KAT, Hayward, George and a few other guys.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck decided that KAWAHI LEONARD, and RUSSELL WESTBROOK were not good enough for the 1st team??

3 insane people though Kawahi was not deserving of 1st team.

1 complete moronic idiot thought Kawahi was not even worth the 2nd team.

He will finish 3rd in the MVP and maybe 3rd in DPOY for a team without any other allstars that won 61 games.

But, someone believes he is not good enough to even be part of the 1st or 2nd teams.

And the thing is, Kawhi just gonna keep on improving. His trajectory has been insane. One little thing he has to do now is be a better playmaker. Point-Kawhi might have to be a new thing next year.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's mine:

Guard: James Harden
Forward: LeBron James
Guard: Russell Westbrook
Forward: Kawhi Leonard
Center: Karl-Anthony Towns

Guard: Chris Paul
Forward: Giannis Antetokounmpo
Guard: Stephen Curry
Forward: Kevin Durant
Center: Anthony Davis

Guard: John Wall
Forward: Jimmy Butler
Guard: Isaiah Thomas
Forward: Draymond Green
Center: Nikola Jokic

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally prefer Towns over Davis and Butler over George.

And Jokic is like the 3rd or 4th complete center behind Towns, Davis, Cousins ( for some people ) and Embiid. But I can't stand Cousins. Too much of a crybaby.