• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got 3rd row floor for Dynamite/Rampage tomorrow night, looking forward to it.

Camera side? If so, take a sign so we can see you. Or better yet, wear a large Turd Ferguson hat

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jade's outfit tonight...sweet lord have mercy.

Ice Cube Friday GIF by HBO Max

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Regal spot was "chef kiss"

How can you get more heat on someone who is a walking and talking heat magnet?
SRS says Regal’s contract is up sometime in December and PWInsider is saying he’ll be WWE bound shortly. Hell, even Meltzer who not only a week ago reported Regal signed a 3 year deal is saying today he believes Regal is leaving soon. This was likely done to write him off TV.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SRS says Regal’s contract is up sometime in December and PWInsider is saying he’ll be WWE bound shortly. Hell, even Meltzer who not only a week ago reported Regal signed a 3 year deal is saying today he believes Regal is leaving soon. This was likely done to write him off TV.

Still.

My opinion stands

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still.

My opinion stands
I disagree, while it made sense for MJF to attack Regal it made 0 sense for AEW to book it the way they did.

Why did Regal turn on Mox for no reason? If his reason was to side with MJF then he’s an idiot(which is not how they presented him at any point during his 9 months with the company) and if his reason was he was tired of Mox then that also makes no sense. The only heel leaning person of the BCC is Danielson and Regal didn’t turn to help him he turned to help someone completely different.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree, while it made sense for MJF to attack Regal it made 0 sense for AEW to book it the way they did.

Why did Regal turn on Mox for no reason? If his reason was to side with MJF then he’s an idiot(which is not how they presented him at any point during his 9 months with the company) and if his reason was he was tired of Mox then that also makes no sense. The only heel leaning person of the BCC is Danielson and Regal didn’t turn to help him he turned to help someone completely different.

If Regal is going back to WWE there's no incentive to protect his character. He looked gullible at the expense of getting MJF over as heel.
The angle started with Regal telling MJF that if he was really the devil he'd cheap shot him and it came full circle with MJF doing that after lulling him into a false sense of security

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Regal is going back to WWE there's no incentive to protect his character. He looked gullible at the expense of getting MJF over as heel.
The angle started with Regal telling MJF that if he was really the devil he'd cheap shot him and it came full circle with MJF doing that after lulling him into a false sense of security
It depends on when they knew Regal was leaving(if he truly is). If they knew before the PPV then the turn makes absolutely no sense given that all they did was screw over Mox to put more heat on a heel who’s already the #1 heel in the company.

The main problem is Regal isn’t a wrestler so even if he’s staying it doesn’t do anybody any good because he’s not gonna get his comeuppance on MJF in the ring.

Look at the 3 people involved:
- MJF: his reason for turning is you can’t trust the devil but given that character is already referred to as the devil this did nothing surprising and didn’t add a layer to his character we didn’t already know.

Regal: The man was brought into AEW as a ring savy veteran mentor who turned on the leader of the group he started for no actual reason

Mox: The man loses his title and not only can he not get revenge on the man who screwed him he can’t get revenge on the guy who took his title either. Mox was more pissed at Regal last week than MJF which would be fine if Regal was an actual wrestler he could get revenge on on the way back to MJF but he isn’t. He’s a manager who is most likely leaving the company.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It depends on when they knew Regal was leaving(if he truly is). If they knew before the PPV then the turn makes absolutely no sense given that all they did was screw over Mox to put more heat on a heel who’s already the #1 heel in the company.

The main problem is Regal isn’t a wrestler so even if he’s staying it doesn’t do anybody any good because he’s not gonna get his comeuppance on MJF in the ring.

- MJF: his reason for turning is you can’t trust the devil but given that character is already referred to as the devil this did nothing surprising and didn’t add a layer to his character we didn’t already know.

Regal: The man was brought into AEW as a ring savy veteran mentor who turned on the leader of the group he started for no actual reason

Mox: The man loses his title and not only can he not get revenge on the man who screwed him he can’t get revenge on the guy who took his title either. Mox was more pissed at Regal last week than MJF which would be fine if Regal was an actual wrestler he could get revenge on on the way back to MJF but he isn’t. He’s a manager who is most likely leaving the company.

Here's my take..

MJF- He was getting mixed reactions for months and this solidifies him as heel. Displays pettiness that he's willing to attack an old, physically compromised legend over an email from 8 years ago. Shows vengeance and cunning as he outsmarted the legend

Moxely- multi-time world champion in multiple promotions. Bullet proof but still gets protected from a clean loss

Danielson- Becomes obvious contender for a PPV title match. Turns it into a blood feud. Delivers best possible match out of MJF

Regal- Sacrifical lamb of storyline. Duped by super heel, possibly as a way to get written out of company. Did good business putting young star's heel traits over.

I thought it was excellent storytelling with obvious "Swerve" in form of Regal double crossing Moxely setting up (for me) a very surprising "Swerve" in form of MJF turning on Regal in his first promo as champion

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Regal, from the time he was brought in, has basically said he's a bad guy. Even though BCC had a face alignment, Regal still fancied himself a villain. So the story is Regal, being a villain, ultimately turns Mox and BCC because that's what dastardly villain's do. And MJF, also being a villain, lured Regal into helping him and stabbed him in the back too once he got what he wanted. Does it make Regal look like a dope? Sorta, from a certain light. But if you view it from the start by taking Regal's words at face value that he's never been a "good" guy (booking actions be damned), it works. It's like criminal stories or bank heist robbery stories where their all bad guys and they end up turning on each other for various reasons.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camera side? If so, take a sign so we can see you. Or better yet, wear a large Turd Ferguson hat
I was not camera side, I was the side opposite the entrance ramp. I'm all over the camera during the Dax and Bryan match though. When they spill out of the ring on the (not over the barricade but just ringside) I'm the big guy wearing the hot pink Scissor me Daddy Ass shirt. The camera was looking from the timekeepers table toward that way.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not camera side, I was the side opposite the entrance ramp. I'm all over the camera during the Dax and Bryan match though. When they spill out of the ring on the (not over the barricade but just ringside) I'm the big guy wearing the hot pink Scissor me Daddy Ass shirt. The camera was looking from the timekeepers table toward that way.

A phrase I never thought I’d see on a wrestling shirt

You really never know what gets over

But simplicity in design seems to be the key to top merch movers

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemme know if any of you guys go back and watch it. I will say that I'm kinda tame just standing around during dynamite, but by the Rampage tapings I was drunk as fuck and the Acclaimed came out and I was scissoring people left and right with a camera right in front of me, not sure how they will edit it, but I'm worried about the embarrassment that is coming after the show tonight.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemme know if any of you guys go back and watch it. I will say that I'm kinda tame just standing around during dynamite, but by the Rampage tapings I was drunk as fuck and the Acclaimed came out and I was scissoring people left and right with a camera right in front of me, not sure how they will edit it, but I'm worried about the embarrassment that is coming after the show tonight.

Love and appreciate the passion, even if I don’t get it lol

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynamite was fun but they literally had all my favorite people on Rampage this week with The Acclaimed, Orange Cassidy, Best Friends, Danhausen, and Darby Allin so I was out of my mind for that last hour.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I saw you twice on Rampage. From a wide shot, I saw a guy in a hot pink Acclaimed shirt in the area you said your seats were in and later on they did like a 3 second fan shot of this person when The Acclaimed came out.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw you twice on Rampage. From a wide shot, I saw a guy in a hot pink Acclaimed shirt in the area you said your seats were in and later on they did like a 3 second fan shot of this person when The Acclaimed came out.
The one during the Acclaimed entrance was me. I was the only one on the camera for the duration.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tony Khan had press conference today (mostly about Final Battle) but he answered questions about the Regal situation. The gist is before the AEW show in Toronto a couple of weeks back, Regal came to him and asked that his contract not be renewed at the end of the year. Regal's reasoning is he wants to go back to WWE and coach his son (Charlie Dempsey on NXT). Tony Khan understood and they worked out his release (Regal is still with the company thru the holidays and will go back to WWE, but can't appear on TV for a year). Khan framed his answer with a story about how his own mother has had some serious health issues the last couple of months (strokes being caused my a mysterious ailment, had to go to Mayo Clinic) so the family aspect was a big deal for him. There's no ill will from either side.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Starks is

Hustling Pay Day GIF