• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alfonzo Denard Arrested

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Alfonzo Denard Arrested - Assaulting officer

Neb.'s Dennard accused of punching police officer | Fox News

LINCOLN, Neb. – Nebraska's outgoing star cornerback Alfonzo Dennard has been arrested after a disturbance outside a Lincoln bar.

Capt. Jason Stille says the 22-year-old Dennard was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of assault of a police officer, third-degree assault and resisting arrest. He's being held in the Lancaster County jail.

Stille says officers tried to break up a fight between Dennard and a 22-year-old man outside The Hour Lounge about 2:15 a.m. Saturday. That's when police say Dennard punched an officer in the head. Stille says Dennard was arrested after a struggle with four officers.

Dennard, a senior, is projected to be as high as a second-round pick in next week's NFL draft.

A message left Saturday for a Nebraska athletic official wasn't immediately returned.

Read more: Neb.'s Dennard accused of punching police officer | Fox News

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Denard, along with Coples, Broyles, Still & Brockers, (and now Ingram) was one of the players I thought was VASTLY overrated at the beginning of the year. This certainly doesn't help him.

Seems like some numbskull gets arrested the week before being drafted almost every year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denard, along with Coples, Still & Brockers, (and now Ingram) was one of the players I thought was VASTLY overrated at the beginning of the year. This certainly doesn't help him.

Seems like some numbskull gets arrested the week before being drafted almost every year.

Payday is ~week away - what an idiot!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are too stupid to just stay at home and out of trouble....you lose ALOT of money.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If it were last offseason he could've used the "I've matured" line or "I've put that stuff behind me." But he freeking got arrested 5 DAYS before the draft.

Whoever was going to draft this guy just seriously lucked out.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neb.'s Dennard accused of punching police officer | Fox News

LINCOLN, Neb. – Nebraska's outgoing star cornerback Alfonzo Dennard has been arrested after a disturbance outside a Lincoln bar.

Capt. Jason Stille says the 22-year-old Dennard was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of assault of a police officer, third-degree assault and resisting arrest. He's being held in the Lancaster County jail.

Stille says officers tried to break up a fight between Dennard and a 22-year-old man outside The Hour Lounge about 2:15 a.m. Saturday. That's when police say Dennard punched an officer in the head. Stille says Dennard was arrested after a struggle with four officers.

Dennard, a senior, is projected to be as high as a second-round pick in next week's NFL draft.

A message left Saturday for a Nebraska athletic official wasn't immediately returned.

Read more: Neb.'s Dennard accused of punching police officer | Fox News

I wouldn't count on that now.

"Nothing good ever happens after midnight."

Seriously, how did you think punching a police officer in the head was going to turn out? How often does somebody punch a police officer in the head and meet with positive results?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What

an

idiot

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This fool didn't even get the money before he parted with it.

Awesome. I hope he learns from this, but I'm quite certain he won't.

going a little off tangent...........yep, we like to think mentors and strong HC's can keep a 'raw talent' in line, but only to a point. each person's basic character - all of us - is our character, it won't change much or remain changed very long. tweak or adjust yes, change no.

that said, we can't avoid 'bad characters' cause most fall into a grey area. ie who's to say this person is bad and this one isn't? but for the extreme cases (Jenoris Jenkins?), IMO its asking for problems. a very good player isn't good if he ain't playing, nor playing within the team.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have a hard time with this whole concept. In order to keep a job I hated, that paid poorly, I adjusted numerous things in my life. This guy was about to be made a millionaire for playing a game, and he STILL couldn't get his priorities straight.

And this is another somebody with a soon-to-be degree from a BCS school. I'm starting to think that the BCS schools are about worth a common GED education. At least as far as the athletes are concerned. But where is the integrity? This guy is a product of an institution that clearly taught him NOTHING in four years. Sure athletes get a free ride, but in his four years there wasn't a single professor or GA that decided to challenge the system for this guy's future? NOBODY held him accountable until this incident? Really?

Clearly, money talks. I expect more from the higher learning institutions in this country, but maybe I shouldn't. Maybe my expectations are just unrealistic. What a shame. No wonder the majority of teens in this country know the marital status of the Kardashians, but couldn't find a single foreign country on the map besides Canada and Mexico. Hell, half of them probably couldn't get that right either.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have a hard time with this whole concept. In order to keep a job I hated, that paid poorly, I adjusted numerous things in my life. This guy was about to be made a millionaire for playing a game, and he STILL couldn't get his priorities straight.

And this is another somebody with a soon-to-be degree from a BCS school. I'm starting to think that the BCS schools are about worth a common GED education. At least as far as the athletes are concerned. But where is the integrity? This guy is a product of an institution that clearly taught him NOTHING in four years. Sure athletes get a free ride, but in his four years there wasn't a single professor or GA that decided to challenge the system for this guy's future? NOBODY held him accountable until this incident? Really?

Clearly, money talks. I expect more from the higher learning institutions in this country, but maybe I shouldn't. Maybe my expectations are just unrealistic. What a shame. No wonder the majority of teens in this country know the marital status of the Kardashians, but couldn't find a single foreign country on the map besides Canada and Mexico. Hell, half of them probably couldn't get that right either.

:amen: